Motivation in March!

Options

Replies

• jennyoofu
    jennyoofu Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Suspecting that I'm low on iodine, so tried a snack of nori with quinoa today, and hope to get some pep in my step soon

@hawksgirl229 Elgin! Small world!

I ordered a Withings scale, and it arrived today. Gotta figure out how is syncs with MFP, and both excited and scared of all the analysis it does.
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,894 Member
    Options
    Hi all, still crazed at work and no kitchen sink. I think my contractor is coming tomorrow to finish it. I need a working kitchen sink to be able to cook again! I could cook, but I have no way to wash dishes and pots/pans other than the (brand new) bathroom sink and as I mentioned I've already scratched it trying to wash dishes and I'm not going to cause more damage. The dishwasher got delayed and isn't here yet.

Love hearing how well y'all are doing. I will be in and out. Tax time in addition to my usual workload has me in a frenzy.
  • Mihani
    edited March 2021
    Options
    So happy, I have a working kitchen sink! I washed some dishes and got them put away last night.

All ready to start the 6 week plan tomorrow. I made a big sheet of roasted broccoli and cauliflower with coconut aminos and no-salt seasoning. Also baked several sweet potatoes. Today I will make a pot of rice and saute onions and mushrooms so I'll be set for big yummy bowls for dinner all week. I plan to top the bowls with raw shredded red cabbage, chickpeas or edamame, and I think I'll make the ginger miso dressing which includes sesame seeds.

Plan for breakfasts is smoothies (water, frozen mixed berries, chia seeds, couple big handfuls of baby spinach and baby kale). I am going to eat raw veggies and fruit for lunches this week. I have cantaloupe, apples, mandarins, sweet peppers, grape tomatoes, baby carrots. Will also have a a couple walnut halves with lunch.

Looking forward to a super healthy 6 weeks! My guess is I will continue to follow this basic plan throughout the 6 weeks. I do best when I keep it simple and don't have to do a lot of planning, have things prepped and ready to go.
  • magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Your plan is amazing! Mihani I may have to steal it in the future!

Really happy you have a working sink!

My Plan Today

Black Coffee day 21. I finally gave up Nutpod creamer.

Just Egg and toast

Tinkyada pasta 🍝 with spinach and Classico Tomato Basil

Celery and Bitchin Sauce

Kite Hill strawberry yogurt

Last night snack not sure

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Good morning and Happy Monday!

@magic71755 , your plan for yesterday looks like it was yummy and healthy! And I so get the part about clutter making my butt look big. I am out to do some decluttering this week.
    Also, "Black Coffee day 21" - - great work! I still add a bit of unsweetened plat milk to my coffee, so my hat's off to you.

@Mihani -- Hurray for that kitchen sink being back! I have lived without a sink, and know that's challenging. And hurray to kicking off the 6 week plan, now that you can cook again! You sound very well prepped.

@jennyoofu I had to go look up what a Withings scale is. It looks like they have several options, all fun! I don't have a "smart" scale, but I do wear a Garmin wrist device to check on steps, pulse rate and sleep, and have found that motivating and fun.

@hawksgirl229 and @jennyoofu -- Woohoo for northern Illinois! I used to work in the Chicago area (Deerfield).

I had a good weekend, and finished strong enough to be down at my Monday morning weigh-in. I am wanting to nudge my weight down a bit.
  • hawksgirl229
    hawksgirl229 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday everyone 🍄

@Mihani. Congratulations on your sink!!!!Hoping this means your close to the finish line for your kitchen..I'm the same way. If I keep things simple by not having to put too much thought/time into It I do better. I almost feel that the more complicated my menu is, it causes an anxiety...

@AustinRuadhain
    I used to work in Riverwoods so I'm familiar with Deerfield. Our office use to use the Deerfield bakery for birthdays/meetings..Still one of the best bakeries I've ever had.. CONGRATULATIONS on the scale going the right direction..Such a great feeling..I too want to go down a few😊

@magic71755
    Hope this finds you and lulu doing well🐶 I also loved the menu..I really like seeing the menu because it gives me inspiration. I completely get the clutter thing..That's what my husband and I tackled during covid shutdown..Such an awesome feeling!!!

Keeping you all in my thoughts and look forward to seeing what new..My usual, my mom, errands/house stuff..workout treadmill 45min and 1/2 yoga..Yesterday workout 1/2 hour treadmill and 1/2 hour upper body dvd(weights). My husband and I got 2 long walks this weekend..🌞
  • Mihani
    Options
    Magic, I didn’t recognize the brand name Tinkyada so I googled it and I have bought that brand before. I am going to try bean pastas again. They are not bad at all, but I always fall back on my whole wheat penne. How are things going for you at work these days?

Austin, how goes the decluttering? How was your weigh-in? I am excited to do the 6 week plan again. It has been a while since I’ve really done it 100%.

jennyoofu. I love to make vegan sushi! Took me a while to try it without the regular white sushi rice, but it’s quite good with quinoa or brown rice. Congrats on your new scale.

hawksgirl, totally with you on getting anxious and overwhelmed when I overcomplicate things. If I make too many things at once then I end up throwing food out anyway. Glad you got some nice walks in.

Still so happy to have a kitchen sink. The dishwasher isn’t here yet, but the other appliances are in, and I’ve even enjoyed doing dishes by hand the past few days. I’ve used the oven a few times but found the box with my saucepans so I could play with the new stove tonight. Just heated up some lentil soup that I had in the freezer and had a small cup of it before eating my big veggie bowl. I have enjoyed those a lot the past two nights. I am going to make hummus this weekend to dip my raw veggies in at lunch.

B – smoothie with frozen mixed berries, 3 big handfuls of baby spinach and kale, chia seeds, water, and had a slice of plain Ezekiel toast
    L – raw veggies and cantaloupe, 2 walnut halves
    D – bowl with brown jasmine rice (1/4 cup), a few slices of baked sweet potato, roasted broccoli and cauliflower, raw red cabbage, pickled onions, a couple nuked mushrooms (thank you again Austin for that great idea!), and a simple dressing of bragg’s and spicy brown mustard, topped with about a tsp of toasted sesame seeds, plus a small serving (1/2 cup or so) of lentil soup

• Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Hello Friends!

I've been MIA for ages on the forums, but I'm continuing to strive towards a full-on WFPB diet. I'm actually down almost 50 lbs since the pandemic started. This is thanks to eating plant based and being more active on a daily basis. The activity gives me the energy to make plant based meals and is great for my mental health.

I just happened to see that you love vegan sushi, Mihani (hugs to you btw!). I have a delicious recipe for a sushi bowl if you are interested. I may have told you about it before. It is a staple around here.

I don't have time today to read through all of what you guys have been up to in March but I'll be checking in soon and keeping up with everyone.

Carla
  • Mihani
    Options
    Carla!!! (hugs to you too) so glad to see you here. I have missed you. I would love the sushi bowl recipe again. honestly I end up making bowls out of my sushi a lot, because I'm lazy like that. LOL

Awesome on getting the exercise in and the amazing weight loss. Wow! I am still working on the regular exercise. I am SO lazy by the time I get home from work. I simply must make myself hit that treadmill regularly. How are all the critters doing?

Today was a good day at work believe it or not y'all! My boss was out and we were all jamming on getting things caught up without the hair on fire. I'm not saying hair on fair is entirely his fault, but it seemed less crazy.

B - ezekiel toast with a smidge of PB
    L - raw veggies, a couple walnut halves, clementine
    D - big ol' salad topped with steamed broccoli and cauliflower

I had a funny thought, that if someone stole my grocery delivery, they would probably get it home and think wth with all this broccoli and zucchini and stuff?
  • Mihani
    Options
    I got a bunch of cooking done today for the week...

Baked baby red and yellow potatoes with rosemary and paprika. Drizzled with a little veggie broth periodically so they didn't get dry.

Big pot of soup with onion, mushrooms, red cabbage, kale, chickpeas, veggie broth, garlic, cumin, coriander, black pepper. Most of Dr. F's GBOMBS in there.

Roasted broccoli and cauliflower with coconut aminos and no salt seasoning.

Roasted asparagus with soy sauce, garlic, ginger and sesame seeds.

And something that I never made before and now want every day... roasted mini peppers. I just sprinkled some balsamic on them and cooked until they were turning brown in spots. So easy too... just give them a rinse and ready to cook.

I still need to cut up raw veggies for lunches and snacks. I'll get to that tomorrow.
  • Carla_wfpb
    Options
    Nice prep, Mihani! Funny about your grocery stealing comment last post...I bet they would be some disappointed thieves!
    I made some all seed crackers and a tomato-basil-olive relish that turned out amazing. Too good. I overdid it last night during a snack attack. I've found not eating after 5 pm makes a big difference for me with weight loss, so I've got to get firm on that rule again.
    I want to bump my daily bean consumption, so I'm soaking some garbanzos now to make some tun-o salad.

Here's my yummy instant pot millet porridge recipe. I had to switch from rolled oats to millet to keep my blood sugar down. It could be done on the stove too, I just don't know the timing.

e9af7rcudpjo.png

IP Millet Porridge - makes 2 servings

1/3 cup hulled Proso Millet*, rinsed
    3/4 cup plant milk
    1/2 banana, sliced
    3/4 to 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
    1 tsp vanilla extract (opt)

top with: sprinkle of cinnamon and chopped raw walnuts

Combine all ingredients minus toppings into the instant pot and stir.
    Set IP on Manual for 10 minutes. Use natural release, unless hungry! :)
    Just before serving, sprinkle with nuts and cinnamon. Add plant milk if desired.

I keep my 2nd portion in the fridge for the next day.
    *Any millet will do, but Proso variety is highest in resistant starch. Bob's Red Mill millet doesn't mention it on the package that I saw, but I looked it up and it is the Proso variety.
  • Carla_wfpb
    Options
    Lazy Girl's WFPB Sushi Bowl

nappa cabbage, chopped
    brown basmati rice, cooked
    diced cucumber
    grated carrot
    diced avocado
    green onions, sliced
    nori sheets (I use 1/2 sheet per large serving)
    sesame seeds

Sushi Dressing (crucial)
    1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
    3 Tbsp rice vinegar
    2 Tbsp almond butter
    1 Tbsp coconut aminos
    1/3 tsp ginger powder
    1/8 tsp chilli flakes, or more to taste

combine dressing ingredients into blender and blend until smooth.

Putting it all together:
    Start with nappa cabbage as base
    Hot rice goes on top
    Now rip 1/2 nori sheet (to taste) into little bits and sprinkle over rice
    Now your veggies. go nuts
    Drizzle with sushi dressing. Careful, it is salty so don't overdo it.
    Top with toasted/raw sesame seeds and sliced onions if you have em and want em.
  • hawksgirl229
    Options
    🍄HELLO EVERYONE 🍄

Nothing really new here..walked our trails this weekend..Love seeing the menu's they give me great ideas!!!

@Mihani
    I was exhausted just reading all your prep for the week..😊 Sounds yummy. Now I want soup and the potatoes oh my...(rosemary is a favorite of mine).

@Carla_wfpb
    Hello!!!!! A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS!!! I too want to lose a few..

🌷Take care....

• hawksgirl229
    Options
    Hi plant friends🍄

Breakfast
    Pb and a large banana..large ice water
    Lunch
    Large salad with romaine, fire roasted corn, black beans, Sautéed mushrooms, celery, tomatoes, diced red onion, cucumbers, chopped cilantro, fire roasted pepper and habanero salsa (2tbls) I heated the corn, beans and mushrooms making it a warm salad..side of pineapple chunks. Large ice water..
    Dinner
    Probably a bowl of fruit/ ice water

Workout Cindy Crawford full body workout. I think it's about 40/45 minutes long..

Happy Monday 😊
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Happy Monday, all!

Man, I misbehaved last week, and the scale told me so today loud and clear. I indulged in the blues, peanut butter and in Orgain protein powder, and am up.

So, I got back on the Dr F plan yesterday and got my behind outside and moving:
    B - black coffee
    L - Beans & Greens (steamed turnip greens, white beans & chopped tomato); cooked veggie bowl (zucchini, carrot, mushroom, spices & salsa); steamed butternut & parsnip mixed with diced jicama and apple
    S - mango & three berry blend
    D - Big Salad (romaine, celery, carrots, radish, tomato); homemade dressing (cooked broccoli, turmeric, garlic); bowl of fruit (mango, three berry blend)
    Exercise: 45 minute walk outside during a lovely brisk morning
    GBOMBS: yes

Today's plan:
    B - black coffee - DONE
    L - Beans & Greens (steamed turnip greens, white beans & chopped tomato); cooked veggie bowl (zucchini, carrot, mushroom, spices & salsa); steamed butternut & parsnip mixed with diced jicama and apple
    S - sliced apple & a few raw cashews
    D - Big Salad (romaine, celery, carrots, radish, tomato); homemade dressing (avocado, cucumber, ginger, garlic); bowl of fruit (three berry blend)
    Exercise: midday walk, platform stepping

Oh, on the plus side, my HUSBAND has decided to try Dr F for 6 weeks! Woohoo!

@Carla_wfpb
    I just copied down the sushi bowl recipe and sent it to my husband as it looks up his alley.

@Mihani
    If you want a low prep raw veg option -- mini peppers are an easy raw veg, for me. I throw them whole in a baggy and eat them like an apple, with just the stem left.

Your thought about stolen groceries had me laugh out loud!

@hawksgirl229
    I never went into the Deerfield Bakery, but I heard great things about it! Hence my staying out! LOL
    There was an old fashioned family restaurant we loved, but it closed. I can't recall the name right now, but it was a place that had been there for years.
  • Mihani
    Options
    hawksgirl your lunch sounds divine! I love sweet and spicy salads.

Carla, thanks for those recipes! I will try the millet porridge soon. I love millet, it's so cute and fluffy.

Wow, Austin, that is way cool your husband is going to try the 6 week plan with you. Hopefully it will be fun with both of you. Has his shoulder recovered fully?

Today was great!
    B - oats with frozen mixed berries and a few walnut halves
    L - some of the preps... broccoli, roasted mini peppers, baby potatoes, an apple
    D - some of the soup, asparagus, a clementine, raw carrot and celery sticks

All the GBOMBS... yeppers!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Hi @Mihani

Yes, I am super excited he is trying the 6 week plan. He has gone off and cooked himself a Dr F soup for lunch and is super happy to be on his way! He has also been excited he can now share food with me. Suddenly he snacks on apples, which I can eat (as opposed to, oh, a donut or Girl Scout cookies, not so much lol). His shoudler -- yes and no. He has graduated from physical therapy but still has work to do.

Hooray to your full GBOMB day!

Hmm, we need to think of a name for the April discussion already!
  • Mihani
    Options
    Oh geeze... that type of injury is tricky, Austin. Hopefully he will continue making good progress.

Today was pretty much a complete repeat of yesterday except no raw veggies. I haven't been good about that with my salad prepper friend out of town the past couple weeks. She'll be back and I'll have my salads next week, but in the meantime I'm going to pick up some box lettuce and at least eat simple salads.

Hit the treadmill for 40 minutes when I got home. Woohoo!
  • Carla_wfpb
    Options
    Austin, great news about your husband trying out the Dr F plan! An apple with some cashew-almond butter...mmm! One of my favorites. Let me know how you guys like the sushi bowl if you make it. We top it with some warmed baked tofu.

Mihani, love that the arrangement you have with your 'prepper' friend is working out! I need to get more greens. I'm planning on doing better with that now that the weather is warming up. We'll be planting greens in the garden soon. So far we have peas planted, which are very rewarding in our area. They grow like gangbusters and are yummy in the pod early on, right off the vine.

Hawksgirl, walking trails sounds great! We haven't been off of our property to speak of since covid hit. We get in lots of walking and working on our property, but it is mostly open fields and I miss being in the forest.

I'm still enjoying my millet breakfast. Today I added a few dates and extra vanilla extract for a treat. I've been struggling with snacks, so this afternoon if I get a grain craving, I'm going to have another portion of the millet. Better that than the other things I've been reaching for. We have some mandarin oranges that are on hand now, too.

Lovely day out here today so we'll be adding to our burn pile and removing more of the blackberry bushes. I bought some Carhartt overalls so I'm looking the part of a farmer/bush woman now! (Love them! very comfy and keep the prickles at bay).

• Mihani
    Options
    Quick hi... busy day I feel worn out and I didn't sleep well last night so I'm going to bed super early.

Carla, how are all your critters doing? I looked up the overalls, how fun! I hope you wear a big straw hat too. Reminded me that when I was in high school my dad picked a load of peas from the garden and my mom and I were shelling them... and eating them. Like a lot of them. My dad wasn't happy when he saw what was left for him to cook. LOL

Another good ETL 6 week plan kind of day and hit the treadmill again. It seems super easy this week, even when I'm so stressed out and tired. Not sure why, but I'm not complaining! Anyone have inspiration for an April thread?