Hello fellow forty-somethingers!

Options
fifipye
fifipye Posts: 6 Member
Hello all! I'm Fi.
When I turned 39 last year, I signed up to a charity running challenge to complete a marathon distance over the course of the month, as I was hoping it would kickstart me into a healthier regime in my last year of being 30-something. It sort of worked, except a friend challenged me to do sprints and this triggered my sciatica so I did nothing until October!
I then completed a few more marathon distances (all with a playlist from different decades) and have now challenged myself to run a total of 400km before I turn 40 in June.
This might not sound like lots to some people, but I weigh 18st 7lbs, so running 5-10km at a time is a real challenge. I am feeling good about it though and in the last fortnight I have logged my food on MFP daily - I definitely feel healthier and am trying to not focus too much on weight, as I know from past experiences that as soon as my weight fluctuates, I become disheartened.
I have two girls, 10 and 6, and I don't want them to have the same messed-up relationship with food that I have. I also want to be around to see them grow up.
So that's me - glad to have found this group and hope to be able to receive and offer support. :smiley: