Where do you go for inspiration & information?

Options
Taireina
Taireina Posts: 2 Member
edited March 2021 in Social Groups
Hello All!

So happy to find a vegan keto group! Looks like it's still pretty taboo. Such a bummer.

I am fully vegan now (oh what a bumpy road that was) but still getting the hang of fully keto. Hitting my goals AND enjoying meals AND not having to sell an internal organ to afford ingredients is challenging. Not to mention my quarantine discovery of an amazing local vegan bakery did me NO favors this past year (vegan brownies...drooling just thinking about them). So it's recommitment time! I've read that achieving goals is so much easier with information, inspiration and friends (no one wants to feel like the only weirdo in a very upside down world), so here I am. Hi!

Now to the point of this post... Sharing inspiration and information...

Books: I have two books that I'm working with. The first is The Keto Vegan recipe book by Lydia Miller which has really good recipes but no additional information (I know she has one with the science but at the time I opted out of that one. Ah, hubris and retrospect) and I just purchased Ketotarian by Dr. Will Cole which I'm really liking so far. I haven't done any of the recipes cause I'm still in the first few chapters, but he does go into the science in a way that's pretty accessible, albeit heavy on personality (but I like that kind of writing). I can update when I try recipes, if you'd like.

Blogs: I don't really do a lot of blogs but I keep finding the No Meat Athlete anytime I'm doing some research, so I definitely have hearts for him.

Vlogs: Okay, so I have a difficult time with grocery haul and what I eat in a day videos (just can't sit through them) so I haven't seen a lot besides Thomas DeLauer videos, would love recommendations.

What are your favorite vegan keto books? Recipe sites? Blogs/Vlogs? Anything you find super helpful or inspiring? Also, are you doing any of the restrictive times along with your vegan keto (OMAD, 16/8 intermittent fasting, etc)?

Looking forward to meeting you :smile: