Weigh In March 10 - 16

Options
Lastchancelj
Lastchancelj Posts: 1,312 Member
LW: 229.2
TW: 230.2

UGH! Well up until this morning I've been at last week's weight. I did drink two pedialytes and drank a lot of water overnight as well (my yeti was almost empty this morning). Received the first injection yesterday...Moderna. So far my arm feels like I received a cortisone injection. I was exhausted yesterday, but I am not attributing that to the injection. Knowing I was facing a needle I barely slept the night before and was uber anxious until I got home and work has me swamped. Did I say I HATE needles? Well, if you didn't know that about me before, ya do now. Anyhow, so far so good. MIL had hers last Friday (Pfizer) and same...except that the needle doesn't phase her. just a sore arm for a few days. I did get meal prep done on Sunday. I also made a yummy and easy pasta dish... I think I'd add more veggie mix to it and maybe chicken...but it was delish. I posted on FB. I also got in a one walk around the block both Monday and Tuesday.

This past weekend we were in the high 80's. I had to put on shorts and I could have used a tank instead of short sleeves. Now we're back to the mid 60's - thankfully! I prefer the cooler weather and want to wear sleeves just a wee bit longer. It probably doesn't make sense to you ladies, but most of the year we're in shorts and tanks...I've only worn my long sleeves a few times this whole winter (not counting our Christmas trip). We got to have some Rhea time on Saturday. Hubby had a midterm for TaeKwonDo on their side of town...and with covid we couldn't watch, but we used it as an excuse for me to head to the kid's and watch Rhea at their house while he did his thing and my they ran errands and my DIL got her 2nd injection (she was really sick for three days). It was so much torture to have that little bundle to myself for 3 hours (haha). Anyway we stayed for dinner and had a great time. MIL had a stomach ache so she didn't join us. We ordered Mexican from this hole in the wall near the kids and it was so yummy. MIL wasn't happy I didn't bring her food...but she doesn't like Mexican and she had an upset tummy when we left. She had food in the refrigerator to eat...she scowled at me...ah well. She should have come with us...then we wouldn't have ordered Mexican because she doesn't like Mexican. hahaha. And yes, I've still got some GS cookies that need to find another home besides my belly! I ordered a 2nd batch with the lemon and shortbread to use my new homeowner gift baskets...they're too big...I thought they were narrower boxes. So bummer...now we have somehow eat those as well. UGH.

Kelly - GREAT news about your son's recovery! That is awesome. Oh to be young again and able to recover that quickly. Breaking down the ice rink sounds labor intensive and a great calorie burner. Is there a liner under the rink? Maybe get an inexpensive pond pump and run it to disperse the water as it melts? Hoping you don't get much more snow.

Sheesh - I totally chuckled at your comment about being from a different generation with your daughter. Hubby and I had our daughter in high school and she and I moved in with him and his mom when she was almost a year old. We married when she was 4...hahaha. I can't imagine what my MIL, Filipino Catholic was thinking back then. We did get engaged when she was almost 3 but we wanted to be 22 when we married, because you know, statistics said higher divorce rate 21 and under...buahahaha. We'll celebrate 35 years in September, so maybe there was something to those stats. Anyway, they've got the date and you all are going to look beautiful and have an incredible day.

Sarah - hoping hubby is feeling better. Keep walking and moving. And like Sheesh says, add in some light weight training, I agree with her that it will help build the muscle and add to that additional calorie burn as you rest. And I need to follow that same direction and get my weight training back into play.

OK..Gotta get back to work. Report is done running.

Replies

• SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    LW:132.8
    TW: 132.8

Going nowhere, but grateful it's nowhere since I've struggled with intake all this week. I am going to cut this short and come back to chat tomorrow. I actually had written a long post this afternoon when suddenly, my computer went to a black screen and I lost the whole thing. It was not a power failure because other things in the room stayed on. But the computer restarted and seems okay. And just as I was typing this sentence, I heard a loud crash and hubby yelling curse words and racing around. He was cleaning the cat's ceramic water fountain and it slipped from his hands and broke the sink. There's a giant hole in his vanity sink! Hope we can replace the bowl and don't have to replace the entire vanity! It's always something. The good thing about today is that I got my first vaccine (Pfizer). My arm is getting pretty sore, but other than that I'm okay thus far. Happy to be half way there.

• wiredkell
    wiredkell Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

It's been a stressful couple of days. I'm part of a union for my job and we have been working without a contract since December 2018. It's a longggg story, but currently, we're on a rotating strike. So I didn't work yesterday, but only found out at supper time the night before that it was going to happen. Today I'm working and another group is on strike. It's really weird and stressful, as I basically wait all day to get emails to find out what's happening. We don't get paid when we're on strike and we don't have benefits. I don't agree with the rotating strike at all, as I think it's just pointless, but they say it's a way of the union letting the corporation know that we're serious about the issues, while saying we still want to negotiate. Apparently the corporation isn't fair negotiating. My guess, is nothing will happen or come from these rotating strikes, and we'll eventually be on a full strike. Honestly, I just want to work and get a pay cheque, but the fact that we haven't had a raise in 5 years, amongst many other things, is really ridiculous.

So.. ya.. that's been my couple of days.

I'm working today, so I better get at it. I'll check back later.
  • GaGasheesh
    GaGasheesh Posts: 1,107 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    LW: 134.2
    TW: 134

Well, I've moved every day this week thus far, including strength training on Tuesday. I feel good, so I won't complain about the stubborn scale. Sorry I'm a day late to post. Yesterday was a long day of working out, errands (mostly to do with the wedding), and online playtime and family Zoom last night. Hubby made me dinner. He is not a cook so it was grilled cheese sandwiches and deli potato salad. Not exactly diet food, but he's very sweet to prepare food for me so I can play with the kiddos. Soon, we will be able to see them . . I can't wait! The second shot is next week for us. I know the CDC hasn't cleared us to fly, but we're hoping that soon after the wedding that clearance will happen. If not, is driving more or less acceptable? Hmmmm . .

Lois and Sarah . . hurray for your first injections! And, for your MIL too, Lois. <3 Sorry that your DIL was sick after the second injection. I've heard that the second one is worse. But, it seems that things are progressing very well to get us past this pandemic. Lois, your weather sounds lovely. I hope you can get out and enjoy it before the heat comes. We've had some springtime temps, but still chilly. It looks like we'll get up into the mid 50's this weekend. . hubby is itching to go to the driving range, and so am I, but I don't like to be cold when golfing.

Sarah, we both seem to be in "maintaining" mode, but not gaining is an accomplishment too. At least that's what I've been saying to myself. :) That's too bad about your vanity sink. I hope it can be easily replaced, and not cost a lot. It reminded me that you were having a sofa reupholstered. Do you like it?

Kelly, I had never heard of a rotating strike before. That is stressful. I hope the management comes through and will get the issues settled quickly. And, btw, I can't imagine a better workout than chopping up and carrying away ice blocks, lol!

• SarahMaxx
    Options
    Hi, Ladies. This has been a killer day, and I'm still at my desk at 7:30 p.m., but I thought I'd quickly say hello. Sheesh you're right that maintaining is an accomplishment, especially during times when getting outside or going anywhere is limited. I know you're eager to travel, but it sounds like you communicate more with a least some of the grands than you did before the pandemic. What a grandma! :smile:

We were able to get a plumber here day (can you believe it?), but he said that plumbers do not replace sinks. You have to get a finish carpenter to do that and then the plumbers will come back and hook the water back up. So we would get to pay two sets of high priced professionals. :s Because we are planning to remodel that bathroom soon, hubby has decided to take a crack at the replacing the sink himself and then call a different plumber. We weren't impressed with the one today even though we've used that company before. I'll let you know how that goes! But the aggravation of the sink, plus pain in his neck again, and then some work issues made hubby a real crank today! I am hoping he's in a better mood when I go downstairs.

Kelly, I'm a big supporter of unions because I don't want big industry taking advantage of workers, but suddenly not getting paid has to be stressful. And when the government here closed down, a lot of our work piled up, so I know that must concern you, too. And I agree with Sheesh and Lois that cutting up and hauling that ice is both calorie burning and muscle building. You go, girl!

Lois, you do so much for your MIL. Don't let the scowl get to you. Enjoy that Mexican food and don't forget to also enjoy the early spring weather. What ever happened with your office? Hopefully, you no longer have a tenant!

We'll I'm ready to go find some dinner. Hubby was so stressed today and I was so busy, it's every man for himself at my house tonight.

• SarahMaxx
    Options
    Here's something to make us all smile. Sheesh you should be able to travel to see the kids and grandkids soon:

When You’ve Been Fully Vaccinated (CDC webpage at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated.html) This is a new page just put up this week. :smile:
  • wiredkell
    wiredkell Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    LW: 165.6
    TW: 165.3

Ok maintaining we go. Not surprising. While I continue my 10k step streak and I have been getting in more activity with the weather being nicer, I haven't been eating awesome. Hubby and I talked about lowering our bread intake yesterday, which I just have to kind of stick with if I want to see any results. I know when I was eating more lower carb before, I felt sooo much better. The tough thing is that bread is easy. Sandwiches and wraps and toast and cereal and pasta and pizza... ugh.

Yesterday I was in a pretty foul mood. At the end of my work day, I had to take a bath and listen to a meditation because I had enough and needed to somehow unwind so I wouldn't be mad all night. Things were just setting me off, even the small things. I hate it when I feel unappreciated, unnoticed or feel taken advantage of, especially at home. While I appreciate the husband working on the basement pretty much non-stop, I'm looking for some appreciation of how it's been pretty much left to me to take care of the house, dogs, kids, etc. I mean, he helps, but it's the feeling of unappreciation that I hate. It's the feeling of being a maid and picking up after everyone and making everyone's meals that I hate, especially when I only sometimes get a "thanks" but not with the understanding of how time consuming and tiring it is. It's the fact that I do it on my work days, during when I'm supposed to be working, after work and on my days off too. So, I decided to myself to stop being a maid. I'm going to leave everyone's stuff for them to pick up after themselves and clean up after themselves and see how that goes. The kids are old enough to do their own laundry and clean their rooms, so I'm just going to let them do it. It will definitely drive me insane seeing the mess, but it's just what I have to do for my sanity and mental health. I'm sure you all understand what I'm going through.

Our rotating strike is still on. So far I've only had 1 day off this week. Other groups have been on strike yesterday and today throughout our province. It's a stressful and weird situation for sure, as I go to bed not knowing if I'm working or not and our union has been brutal with communication to tell us how it's going. Oh well... it is what it is.

Sarah - ugh that sucks about the sink. Hopefully your husband can switch the sink out! I bet he's just pissed off at himself that he dropped that fountain.

So does that mean that all of you have had at least 1 of the shots? Moderna and Pfizer? I can't remember Sarah if you said you've had yours or not. I'm sure I'm way further down the list yet with Canada being so far behind on their shots. We just can't seem to get enough of the vaccine sent to us. By the time it gets to me, I'll likely end up getting the AstraZeneca one, but who knows. I saw in the news that some countries to a stop to that vaccine for now as there was blood clot issues with some people who took it. I guess I'll wait and see. My Dad is 71 (72 in May) and he still hasn't had his yet either.

Ok long post.. time to work.
  • Lastchancelj
    Options
    WOW what a busy evening for posting!

Kelly, first off, you had a REDUCTION, slight but a REDUCTION! and yes, I believe all of us have received at least the first vaccine (I had Moderna and my MIL had Pfizer). So far no third eye or extra limb growing, that we've noticed so far. I know here they were asking for volunteers at the vaccination sites and then you can get the first vaccine when you finish your time. That's where a lot of our younger people are getting their vaccines. Something you may want to look into if available. And Kelly - I had that same feeling last week and totally went off on hubby one night. I feel like MIL cook, laundress and hubby cleans her room but she won't even carry down her bathroom trash. She ties the bag and leaves it on the floor of the bathroom!! Really??? It's tissues and stuff, not heavy - carry your trash downstairs. And she can walk to our trash cans and throw it away! That's what was annoying is the presumption that WE will take care of everything and she does nothing! As I've said, I've had hubby take over a bunch of other stuff for caring for his mom...I still do the cooking and washing of her clothes. Hubby takes care of taking it off the drying rack and up to her room. She is responsible for folding her own clothes. Hubby also strips and remakes her bed every Sunday. But it is the feeling of being taken advantage of and I can totally relate.

Sarah - I feel so bad for you and your household repairs that keep occurring. Hoping it all works out. And I agree about the unions - they are there to protect employees - even tho AZ is a right to work state and we have very few unions. Here you can get let go without any cause/reason/explanation. And I have no idea if I still have a tenant in my office or not, haven't been back in. Was planning for this week, but stuff blew up and kept me home. Thanks for the reminder...I sent a note to my COO to ask him haha.

Sheesh - I know I get to hug on Rhea every few weeks, but I wish I could get my other two grandkids on a schedule to FT each week or even every other week! Great job keeping up with the TM and workouts!

It's chilly and rainy here. Just got back from getting my routine bloodwork done and waiting for my next meeting to start. Once upon a time - Friday's were my catch up and mellow relaxing work days - still busy, just not as stressful as it seems like it's been lately. Have a great weekend if I don't chat again.

• SarahMaxx
    Options
    Just checking in to more or less remind myself to not live totally by the scales. I was so happy yesterday to see 131.6. And I went on to have a good day with intake and activity. Then this morning, stepped on the scales to see 133.6. Two full pounds and my sodium intake was not even high. :s So my challenge today is to not let a number get me down.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Kelly, I can very much relate to that feeling of frustration about doing so much that people seem to just take for granted. I'm glad you're recognizing the need to let others do more for themselves, although I empathize with the fear of dealing with someone else's standards. Hubby piles clothes on the ottoman in the master sitting room instead of opening his closet and either hanging them up or putting them in his hamper. And it seems not to bother him at all. Last night, I had finally had it and told him that 3 or 4 days worth of clothes there is just too much! And to his credit, he agreed and put them away--although "away" may be on his closet floor with the door closed! Arghhhhh
  • Lastchancelj
    Options
    Happy Monday Ladies.

Had a great weekend...Saturday, I did NOTHING. I mean I sat on the couch, played a stupid game, Numberzilla on my phone or iPad ALL day and watch Queen's Gambit. Laundry moved along, but nothing, and I mean nothing else happened. Yesterday, I did get meal prep done. Let Roomba run all over the house without any walls, guidance or direction. Whatever got cleaned got cleaned. I didn't care. I did clean the kitchen floor, but nothing else. Oh and the best part of yesterday was when I got to play "Together" with Rhea for the first time from her home and ours. She really enjoyed the pictures to find the train and truck and all sorts of toys in the picture. She was a bit cranky and hungry as she had just woken up from a nap but she quickly changed once she had some yogurt and started seeing me pointing to things. Thank you Sheesh for the recommendation. Also got to FT for my 9 yo granddaughter birthday party and see her excited face at her gifts. We got her the Artie the Doughnut book series (and I purchased kindle versions to read so we can chat about that next week )and a baking kit she had picked from Amazon. It contained quite a few baking items. Looks like fun. We had my Son in law and daughter on the FT call at the same time. It was fun even though we couldn't give her any hugs. My son in law's parents are coming to AZ from OH just after MIL will receive her last injection. They are 20 years older than myself and we have a really good relationship. I miss seeing them on their visits. They are fully vaccinated, but will be traveling. They will be here 2 weeks. Leaving the day after my 2nd vaccination - which I'm told I may not be feeling very well that day. May just have to do FT again. They are hoping we're able to host Christmas Eve this year and luminaries. They come to all holidays I host whenever they're in town.

I did my annual bloodwork last week. Glucose was down, but Trigs and cholesterol were up. I need to get focused on increasing my activity. My meals are doing better, now I need to get active again. The dr. is recommending a statin, but I'm putting it off to see if I can do better in the next six months. The numbers weren't huge changes from previous year, just enough to be over the threshold and with my hypertension, be a concern. We'll check again in six months. Now, to locate my motivation to get active.

Ok ...Monday reports are done running. Preparing for my day of meetings. Have a great day