QUEST BARS/PROTEIN BARS.

Options
So, I've tried a few protein bars recently, I basically think their a waste of money.. I don't think they taste very well, alot of calories, crappy fats depending on which one you buy but overall I felt bloated, ew and sluggish, etc. I've tried a few from the BSC range and Aussie-Bodies. Also, I've tried some snack bars that have promoted added fibre, omega3 etc. Personally I think that they have enhanced my hunger - by a ****load and I think it's a better option for fulfilment of hunger satisfaction by eating home-made foods or other high fibre and omega-3 sources from their original sources instead of processed bars. Wouldn't buy them again.

:angry: Anyone else feel this way?

However, heard some great reviews on QUEST bars & doe a bit of research.. great of fibre, heaps of different flavours that hit the spot.

Anyone have some suggestions for flavours? etc.
E.G. Heat Apple Pie Flavour in microwave for 20 seconds and add some cinnamon sugar.

Replies

• She_Hulk
    She_Hulk Posts: 277
    Options
    I actually agree with you. I keep protein bars in my purse, for emergencies, but I believe they are contributing to my bloating issue. I make my own protein bars and I'm really trying to stick with those. Not as yummy, but less bloating attached to eating my homemade ones. I have a package of the Quest Brownie flavor. They are very good and I don't get bloated after eating one of those. They are more expensive then my other store-bought bars (Pure Protein), so I try to limit eating them. The jury is still out on whether or not they increase my hunger though. I'm always hungry. :smile:
  • stephaniefiteni
    stephaniefiteni Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    hrmm that actually helped, just so I know its not me!! bloated is def how I feel!
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Quest are my favorites! I just had a Cookie Dough Quest bar, heated in the microwave for 12 seconds and YUMMM!! They're like a treat. Pure deliciousness. I just ordered the white chocolate and raspberry ones but apparently they're super good too. I tried the coconut/cashew and they are amazing as well.

They are expensive but I feel they're worth it.
  • JoJo__Fit
    JoJo__Fit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are the isshhh! You can do some much with them, I have 1 everyday :)

Chocolate chip cookie dough is my fav & cinnamon roll

I've tried them all by far these are the best in the market!
  • maureensm
    maureensm Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    LoriM - Do you have a recipe for your homemade protein bars? Or does anyone else have a decent recipe? I'd like to try making them at home. Thanks!
  • She_Hulk
    Options
    Maureen, I just sent you a PM!
  • fityese
    fityese Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am very picky with my protein bars. Most of them taste like chemicals to me. I do like the cookie dough flavored Quest Bars :) and would like to try the new Chocolate Chunk flavors. I, however, do not like the other flavors I've tried, apple pie, cinnamon roll, etc.

I mostly eat Clif Builder's Bars. Chocolate is my favorite, followed by chocolate chip, peanut butter, almond and chocolate mint.
  • racheljones71913
    racheljones71913 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love the Peanut Butter supreme! Heat it in microwave for 15 seconds, and then top with 1Tbs of marshmallow fluff and 1 Tbs of PB2. Best PB cookie ever!
  • softballislife7
    softballislife7 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Brownie quest bar in microwave for 10 seconds... flatten out and cut into little squares, microwave for another five... then dip in a tablespoon of marshmallow fluff... heaven right there