Living The Lifestyle - - Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Options
whathapnd
whathapnd Posts: 1,235 Member
We meet here to explore, share, celebrate and (sometimes) agonize over how we do (or don't) incorporate weight loss guidelines into our daily lives. "It's a lifestyle, not a diet" is easily and often said, but sometimes not so simply put into practice.

This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday - crewahl (Charlie)
Tuesday - whathapnd (Emmie)
Wednesday - newmantjn (Todd)
Thursday - misterhub (Greg)
Friday - Al_Howard

Today's Topuc: Give yourself a compliment.

It's easy to get into negative head space, so take a moment to give yourself a compliment. Ideally this will be related to health/weight loss or weight maintenance, but feel free to choose the thing you need to say.

Bonus Question: Will you participate in an NCAA basketball pool?

Replies

• whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    My compliment is that I'm aware. I didn't make the best food choices for about nine days, but they were not completely mindless choices. I'm also aware that I've been too sedentary again. I've taken steps (Including accountability) to correct that.

That's all I've got right now.

Bonus question: Yes, love participating in a pool that my extended family is involved with.
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I've developed a lifestyle that is so much more healthy than it was in the past.

I generally eat well with mostly lean protein, way more veggies than I had ever eaten in the past, and essentially no fast-food/takeout. I've also become someone who exercises regularly. This has all translated into maintaining a healthy weight for years, very good lab-numbers (low overall cholesterol, high HDL, etc.), and a resting heart rate of ~45-50.

This is a great topic, because you are right @whathapnd, it's easy to get into a negative head-space and look at the cup as being half-empty all the time. This is particularly true when we nitpick our (minor) imperfections.

Bonus question: maybe? I'm not a big basketball pool fan, but there is one that was sent around from one of the academic programs I'm involved in, so maybe?
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,076 Member
    Options
    Well I have stayed active and added some of the plank challenge to my routine. Tested myself doing a 2 minute plank yesterday. Tough.
    No basketball pool for me.
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,796 Member
    Options
    I got nuthin'.

I’ve been mulling it over since shortly after it was posted, and without fishing for compliments, I don't see anything I do as distinctive in a way that merits pride or a compliment. That's not being negative or self-critical, but it’s my frank assessment.
  • newmantjn
    newmantjn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, Charlie.
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,852 Member
    Options
    Me 3
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,944 Member
    Options
    I'm also in the camp of not having hardly anything to compliment myself on at this point. If I did it would probably be thank goodness I've not done more damage weight wise this year than I have. The saving grace is I'm down 5 lbs from my high since 1/1/20 of 320 lbs but still up 6 lbs as of this morning from 1/1/21. Always a work in progress.
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,195 Member
    Options
    I am tenacious.

I am not participating in an NCAA Tournament pool this year.
  • linmueller
    linmueller Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    I wasn't going to do this since I'm coming in late, but after reading 3 'I got nothing' posts in a row ...

I am aware! When I eat junk. When I eat high volumes of food. When I eat when I'm not hungry. These are all new since WW. I and mindful!

I feel good in my body. I'm not bumping into everything. I don't groan and limp and stay bent over when I stand after sitting for a while. I'm feeling pretty good!

I have not quit trying!

On a side note, I had to consciously resist the urge to minimalize my accomplishments, to add "but" to my compliments, or add qualifiers. But I resisted! And I was positive! Thanks for the question @whathapnd