What is your favorite, healthy WLS recipe?

Options
slowerbutqwik
slowerbutqwik Posts: 120 Member
I am need of some great WLS approved recipes. I was taught and have always cooked like my mom and grandma, which was heavy, fat and calorie laden casseroles and dishes. What are your favorite healthy, easy recipes to cook and prep?

Replies

• trishalong84
    trishalong84 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My must have is cottage cheese mixed with chopped cucumber and roma tomato. I like to add a pinch of seasoning salt to mine. Sometimes I'll add peas or a little red onion or chive, but always the tomato and cucumber. It's great on it's own for a snack or as a side dish. I also add small salad shrimp, crab or shredded chicken to it on occasion for a filling lunch or dinner.
  • slowerbutqwik
    Options
    You're speaking my language @trishalong84! I grew up with cottage cheese, tomatoes and cucumbers. Do you use fat free cottage cheese or 2%?
  • trishalong84
    trishalong84 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Well......I started with 2% because that's all my husband will eat. He says he HATES fat free anything. But I have been known to wash the container and add FF cottage cheese. With all the goodies he doesn't even know the difference LOL. Typically I have a small carton of plain plus one of my "salad" from above in the fridge.
  • bookreaderjen
    bookreaderjen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Could you use ricotta cheese instead of cottage cheese?
  • slowerbutqwik
    Options
    Ricotta is definitely on my approved plan, but reduced fat. I'm not as big of a ricotta fan as cottage cheese. Have you tried ricotta bakes? I just found out about them.
  • slowerbutqwik
    Options
    New fave for me:
    Ground Turkey
    Red, yellow, orange peppers
    Onion
    Egg
    Rolled oats

I mix together. I make enough for 6-8 muffin tin size loaves. Freeze and then heat to serve. I can't eat ground beef but this is great to warm up when everyone is having Meatloaf