What's on your mind today?

Options
13»

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    Can i get a bit more info as to how u all handle pass days. I thought i had my eating under control, i was doing sooooo great with habits and routine but had one planned pass day which turned into 5 unplanned pass days. How do u guys keep it under control? And do u guys put a calorie limit on ur pass day? Xox

@donna25trinity i’m not much help. I don’t like the idea of cheat or pass days, but I know they work for others.
    I don’t let myself get into that frame of mind as I’m hoping by avoiding it, the overeating habits will go away - and they largely have!! But I know they are just a dormant giant whom I never want to re-awaken!

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,005 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 ha ha omg ur right its literally a dormant giant for me too!! Lol! I am sooo glad u responded with this as i thought i was the only 1!!! I think the pass days for me personally def trigger my overeating behaviors. Thank u sooo much for reinforcing this to me, deep down i think i knew this was the case but didn't want to admit it as those 3 pass days felt like heaven. Lol. I am going to try to do no more pass days from here on out and see how that goes! Xox

• lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,726 Member
    Options
    @donna25trinity
    I'm with Madison Molly here - I don't do "cheat" days - who are you cheating? Your body uses all the food you give it. I'm maintaining now but even when I was losing I always used weekly averages, even monthly if I had a holiday coming up. That way you don't have the feeling that "I've blown it, may as well have another day (or 2 or 3 ....)".
    In terms of the rules of the UAC, I find I have a "pass day" when I can't log/track my food - usually because I'm away from home and it's too difficult to estimate. My weight has been stable for a couple of years now and I know that individual days over or under calorie budget are meaningless.
    So instead of planning a pass day simply give yourself a higher calorie budget one day and lower another day.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    @donna25trinity
    @lesdarts180

Nice not to be alone!
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    @lesdarts180 Thanks for the suggestion! I hve seen fellow uacs mention weekly calories but never trully understood the benifits so thanks for making sense of it for me! I shall give it a try. Also ur spot on with regards to cheat days the body def uses all the food u give it and im living proof of that, putting on weight that ive lost every pass day!

Hope u ur dil and grandchildren are ok. My baby and i pray for u guys regularly and hope that the sun will shine again for you all one day in the very near future. Xox
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I don't plan pass days. They just happen :) I only try to keep to the rule "Never 2 in a row".... ;)
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    It might be a tough day today. Our Executive comes today to our branch office. We know that they are going to close our office. May be I will have to go. We don't have enough projects 😞. They kept us on payroll long enough. Almost one and a half year. I am really afraid of what is coming on me :)

As your chosen handle declares, you're a winner in life. Live in this regardless of the turmoil around you.

All the best to you, my UAC cousin 🤗
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    @Winner_in_Life Awesome rule and great discipline. Also absolutely love the words of support @MaltedTea gave u, shes sooo right ur a winner indeed and will def get thru this. Thinking of u today and hope ur ok! Xox
  • Winner_in_Life
    Options
    @MaltedTea @donna25trinity
    Thank you so much for encouragement Ladies :) I have a choice: to search for a new job or move to our main office (about 200 km away). Slowly but steadily I am moving direction North. First Munich, now Frankfurt, Düsseldorf might be the next . This is good for me, but I don't understand why they are doing that--- We still don't have enough projects, but more than enough labour
    I have time to decide till end of September
    I would prefer a new job to avoid packing and looking for a new home to live. A new home will be definitely more expensive. And our main office is not that easy with respect to personal relations...
    But with my German language level it is not that easy to find a job... I came to Germany under the contract with a big company as a technical translator (English/Russian), since 6 yeas I am working as a project assistant and German was not a MUST. And 53y/o woman has less chances anyway. Another thing is a salary... My unemployment compensation would be higher than an average salary offered currently on the market
    The best strategy might be: start packing, search for a nice new home and then stay low and smile and hope that the company keeps you longer--- I still have 15 years till retirement in Germany :/ Win in a lottery would be of course the perfect thing :D
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    @Winner_in_Life Not an easy choice, but Frankfurt is a nice town. If you are allowed to travel in Germany, go and have a look there. I have had to pack up and move loads of times in my career, and it always feels worse beforehand. Afterwards I have always been happy I moved. You might be able to stay 15 years in Frankfurt, who knows, make lots of friends and be reluctant to move again when you retire. Also, you could work on your German language skills ...
  • Winner_in_Life
    Options
    @Chinkiri Frankfurt is where we live now. We (I and my husband who already retired and who moved back to Germany after 20 years in USA because of me :) ) moved to Frankfurt from Munich 6 years ago.
    Now we are supposed to move to Düsseldorf
    When I retire we will go back to Bavaria... Closer to the mountains and Italy :)
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    @Winner_in_Life Sorry, no idea about Dusseldorf. As you say yourself, you could just keep a low profile there for the next 15 years, make some friends, enjoy your life and then retire back to Munchen ...
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    @Winner_in_Life I was jumping on to say Frankfurt is nice, lol. I used to go there every year for the Frankfurt Book Fair. I sadly too have no idea about Dussledorf. Bavaria is gorgeous though!! I'd definitely hold out for 15 years to retire there. I hope they are paying for your moving expenses!
  • Winner_in_Life
    Options
    @Bovaryoo I don't even think asking about moving expenses :) I should probably pay them for keeping me
  • Winner_in_Life
    Options
    Today is a big cooking evening ☺️ No jogging, only 20 minutes planks