Living The Lifestyle - - Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Options
whathapnd
whathapnd Posts: 1,235 Member
We meet here to explore, share, celebrate and (sometimes) agonize over how we do (or don't) incorporate weight loss guidelines into our daily lives. "It's a lifestyle, not a diet" is easily and often said, but sometimes not so simply put into practice.

This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday - crewahl (Charlie)
Tuesday - whathapnd (Emmie)
Wednesday - newmantjn (Todd)
Thursday - misterhub (Greg)
Friday - Al_Howard

Today's Topic: The Trickle Down Effect

As in life, when it comes to our weight loss plan when we choose to do (or not do) one thing, it usually has an impact on other things - - sometimes positive, sometimes negative and sometimes unintended or unexpected.

With regard to your weight loss/better health journey, answer AT LEAST ONE of the folliwing questions. Feel free to answer both:

1) Describe a choice you've made or something that you ARE doing that is having a positive impact on something else.

2) Describe a choice you've made or something you ARE NOT doing that is having a negative impact on something else.

Replies

• crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    1). I’ve had leg and hip issues for years. I’ve done PT, made progress, and declared victory. (For those who see the corollary to losing weight and then stopping use of the plan, kudos.) This time, for the past six to eight months I’ve kept up the daily PT exercises at home. It enables me to drive or ride for more than a half hour without getting pain. In fact, I’ve driven several hours without issues.

2). I suspect that the antipathy towards Connect that I’ve harbored since WW so indelicately killed the message boards in favors of that - okay, I’ll stop before I rant. But I haven’t used any of the online “studios” at least in part because it requires me to use Connect. I think the absence of the meeting accountability and the regular interaction hurts me and my efforts to lose weight. (Doesn’t mean I’m ready to let go of that just yet - Hatfields and McCoys got nothing on me when it comes to grudges.)
  • newmantjn
    newmantjn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My increased time in the gym has led to a decrease - almost total elimination - of back aches.
  • linmueller
    linmueller Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    Increased activity leads to better eating. I think I just don't want to undo the good I'm doing 🤷‍♀️. So when I'm struggling to eat well, like now, you'd think I'd just make myself move more so the food intake would follow. Yup, I'd think so too 🤦‍♀️