Daily Healthy Habits to be successful

Options
slowerbutqwik
slowerbutqwik Posts: 120 Member
I find that implementing a set of healthy habits, not only eating right but others, are the key to losing weight and being successful before, during, and after weight loss surgery. WLS is not the key to your weight loss journey, it is merely a tool. Success or not is still up to you and the habits you adopt for a life long journey.

What are your daily healthy habits you try to achieve?

Replies

• slowerbutqwik
    Options
    Some of my habits I'm trying to develop are:
    1. drink 70 - 80 oz water
    2. eat 70 - 80 grams of protein
    3. walk 20 - 30 minutes
    4. use 5 lb arm weights
    5. get 7 - 8 hours of sleep
    6. eat every 2 - 3 hours within my meal plan

I would be very interested to hear what others do?
  • slowerbutqwik
    Options
    Before WLS I felt so horribly physically and mentally, that I preferred to sit in my bedroom with the darkening shades pulled down. I thought I loved that dark, quiet space, but it was holding me back. Now I started a routine of opening every shade and curtain in my house every single morning, especially that darkening shade in my bedroom. It seems small, but inviting the sun in every day has been so beneficial for me!
  • spangadora
    spangadora Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I need to follow this example! I need to develop a good routine. I do better with a routine.

I do tend to get enough sleep most nights.

It's remembering to eat that is a struggle for me.

I can't do much walking at the moment because both of my knees are so sore. I'm also still trying not to do tooich too soon as I'm itching to take back the cleaning from my hubby. He's great for doing it but he's not detail oriented haha

• slowerbutqwik
    Options
    Start small. When I could get back to cleaning, my first month's goal was to never go to bed with dirty dishes in my sink. I changed my routine to get it done and when I had that down, I added a new goal the next month.
    I don't always hit the goals every day, but for the most part I do. Maybe start with a goal to set a timer to remind you to eat small portions throughout the day. That definitely is a healthy goal! 😉