March 24 - March 30

Lastchancelj
Lastchancelj Posts: 1,340 Member
LW: 228.6
TW: 228.2

I have to be honest and say I don't deserve this reduction, but as I'm always telling Sarah - CELEBRATE those reductions. so Celebrate good times come on~~ Anyhow I have eaten well for a few days, but with Rhea and her parents, we ate poorly - or not as well both Sat and Sun (leftovers from sat). I was up almost 3lbs Sun- and 1.5 yesterday so I am truly surprised to see this number. I'm leaning more towards the Mediterranean foods...so Monday - I was still bad and had leftovers, yesterday I made a tomato cucumber onion avocado lemon parsley feta concoction. For dinner I took my veggies that I had roasted, along with rice and some leftover Asian sauce and had kind of like a veggie stir fry. And I had the tomato concoction again for lunch today. It just sounded really good. Oh and I can't really blame Rhea's parents for the weekend food, because I refuse to cook or plan meals Fri, Sat Sun so it's ordering out. I'll cook something if hubby or mom asks for a specific dish and I have the ingredients, but I refuse to come up with a lunch or dinner plan.

Kelly - my last comment made me think of you. How's it going with the hubby and kids and housecleaning? I had another explosion over the weekend with my MIL, ended up slamming the door and going for a walk. HOWEVER, since then MIL has not left a dirty dish in the sink and hubby actually finished her laundry. I washed it and hung it up. He took it down air fluffed it and then took them up to her room. I lay her tops open on a small table and just stack them to keep them as wrinkle free as possible, and once upstairs she'll fold or hang whatever she wants. But he did it and took care of some other stuff as well. I know what you mean to feel like their maid. How's the basement coming along?

Sarah hoping all is going well with you and hubby's doing better.

Sheesh must be going crazy getting ready for the big day tomorrow! I can't wait to see her pictures when she posts them.

Have a great day

Replies

• wiredkell
    wiredkell Posts: 689 Member
    You're right Lois.. celebrate those reductions!! I forgot to step on a scale this morning, but I'll do it tomorrow.
    Sorry to hear your had an explosion with your MIL. I didn't completely blow up at my family, but I did explain how I don't mind doing things for people when I feel appreciated. They completely understand and have been better. Even the husband admitted that he's sorry he hasn't been helpful in the house lately but that he appreciates everything I do. Both kids have been pretty good lately, but they have also been working hard to buy something. We said that if they start doing jobs around the house, at our house and their Mom's and start being helpful without being asked, then they could earn items they want. So Tyler really wanted a new computer keyboard and Ella wants blue dye in the ends of her hair. They've been great - emptying dishwasher, picking up dog poo in the yard, taking dogs for walks, cleaning their rooms and keeping them tidy, picking up after themselves, doing their own laundry, vacuuming! It's been sooo helpful.
    Shawn is still super busy in the basement. He's still on the mudding and taping part of drywalling. That will be the most tedious job of it all and the messiest. Can't wait to get our ducts cleaned once he's done.
    Tyler had his 2nd follow up appointment for his collarbone yesterday. He broke it on Feb 19 and it's already healed! He was back playing street hockey with Ella last night :) Happy boy.

Can't wait to hear how the wedding was!!
  • SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,971 Member
    LW: 131.6
    TW: 131.6

Hi, Ladies. Sorry I didn't get here yesterday or earlier today. I have had two long, killer work days and an evening meeting today. I did weigh yesterday and jotted it down on my desk calendar, though.

I've thought of Sheesh and her family several times today. I know everything is going fine. I'm not sure what time the wedding started, but I'm sure they're probably at the clubhouse now since you are all 3 hours behind me. What a nice way to celebrate her anniversary, too.

Now, I'm going to quickly log some food and try to get in some steps. I have worked so steadily it's quarter of 10 here and i have less than a 1000 steps! Arghhhhh I will be going until midnight, when the old fitbit goes back to zero!

Will be back as soon as I can read your posts and chat. (Will be sometime tomorrow, I think.)
  • SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,971 Member
    Yesterday went by like a flash, so I didn't make it back here after all. I had to go back to the doc to get my thyroid test done again, and then I came back and did a few chores here and then the appointment with our accountant took more than 4 hours between terrible traffic and closed roads, my accountant running late, and then chatting time plus work time. For just the second time in a little over 6 months, I did not make my 10K steps for the day. I took a short walk outside before dinner, and then got on the treadmill late. And once again, I lost track of time and took too long of a water/rest break and the next thing you know, I look at my fitbit and I have only a couple of hundred steps because it's after midnight and I had already gone back to zero. I was close though. Fitbit says I had 9754 yesterday.

Anyway, I digress. I know that I need to do something to pep myself up. I'm getting frustrated with myself because I'm not getting things done that have been on my to-do list for far too long. Most days, I get up, go through the motions of work, dinner, chores, walking, bed--and that's it. Nothing on the list is touched. I know that once I get started and accomplish a few things, it will help me move on more, but I'm having trouble getting myself motivated.

Having hubby not able to walk makes it harder for me to get out, and when I am more active, it helps me become more motivated in other areas. I so wish he felt up to walking so on days like today (sunny and warm), we could go exploring on foot somewhere. But he says that walking really kicks up the neck pain which is starting again. Funny that I was thinking of a lot things to say on Wednesday when I had not time to chat, and today--I'm struggling to do more than gripe. But I know you ladies probably understand, and maybe just putting it down in words will help.

Kelly that is such great news about your son's broken bone. Kids heal so fast. And how great that both of the kids are interested in working and earning things they want. I think it's great when parents allow children to earn things that are not necessities rather than just give them everything.

Lois, I'm glad to hear that hubby is stepping up to help more with his Mom and that you're speaking up when you need to. Don't know about your MIL, but my mom would sometimes push the envelope thinking she could pull the "I'm old" card.

Well, going to run. Sheesh, we're waiting to hear all about the wedding! :smile: