APRIL Monthly Challenge

Options
chinatowninchina
chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
Hello Spring

I've been saying that I guess weight doesn't exactly matter at this time but staying as healthy as you can does, it seems however that increasingly it's being found that being not too heavy improves risk against many diseases including this virus so maybe it continues to be important. Additionally, for many of us, Keto helps us feel good and that can't be a disadvantage at any time.

Feel very welcome to join, we usually post our weigh Sundays and use the 'Keto Monthly Challenge Spreadsheet' also in 'Announcements' to track weight.

You can post your weight here and also in the Keto Monthly Challenge Spreadsheet which Stormy updates. If you want to post comments etc please use this thread rather than the Spreadsheet.

We use this thread to encourage each other and to add our weight as well.

APRIL 2021

Sunday 4/4
Sunday 4/11
Sunday 4/18
Sunday 4/25

Stay safe everyone.

Replies

• stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Because of the uncertainty, this pandemic has created, bold predictions and lofty goals have been absent for me on our monthly challenge this year. April will be the same. Although April brings hope as we start to relax restrictions and get closer to normal, I’m still not ready to set any goal weights for this fourth month of 2021.

I will say this though. I have succeeded in losing weight every week this year so far and that is a trend I would love to see continue here in April. I <3 spring!

n9hHm8.png
  • TXRebelle
    TXRebelle Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm adding back in some healthy carbs after coming off Carnivore so I expect some up swings. Also, my new Easter ham is loaded with sodium so I'm already up 2 pounds. ;p

Anyway, back to regular low carb and calorie counting for the month. Hoping to see some new numbers, but if I end the month at or below where I start, it will be a win. :)

Have a great month all!
  • TXRebelle
    Options
    I hope everyone has a lovely Easter!

I added back some healthy carbs this week along with my salty Easter ham. I'm up FOUR pounds! ARGH. I'd hate to see what would have happened if I didn't stay low carb, count my calories or get in lots of exercise. My body is so annoying!

4/4: 168.2 :p

• stormywxs288
    Options
    Happy Easter! I <3 this time of year here in eastern Washington state. The weather keeps calling me to come outside and play. Last year a lot of my outdoor activities were canceled or postponed due to the pandemic. So, this year, I’m anxious to get back to things I missed out on. Softball, Craft Fairs, vacation, and yard work are at the top of my list.

These outdoor activities are coming at just the right time because I’m starting to struggle with my weight loss. I still have about 15 pounds to lose to achieve my goal (-30 pounds). It appears to me that something besides diet will need to change to keep on a losing trend. Hopefully, increased activity will be the ticket?

n9hHm8.png
  • haitsemahal
    haitsemahal Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've lost 17.2lbs since being back on MFP. 31 lbs from my highest weight of 398. Excited to start April in such a positive note.

APRIL 2021

Sunday 4/4 - 366.8
    Sunday 4/11
    Sunday 4/18
    Sunday 4/25
  • valleygirl74
    valleygirl74 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    APRIL 2021

Sunday 4/4 220
    Sunday 4/11
    Sunday 4/18
    Sunday 4/25
  • stormywxs288
    Options
    This is the first time this year I have posted a gain in weight. Spring weather brought with it an increase in my activity. I have used my increased activity as an excuse to eat too much. A snack here and a portion more there have added up to almost a three-pound gain in weight this week.

I’ve got to start another losing streak today. My goal for April is to return to a weight-loss trend by the end of this month. I will start chipping away at my 2.8 pound gain this week today.

n9hHm8.png
  • Sarag78
    Sarag78 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    So I had a few bumps in the road. Got a little lazy with portions, and measuring. Had to go back to the "keep it simple, stupid" method lol. My goal for the month of April is to be under 200 pounds for the first time in 8 years.

Ended March at 203.8

APRIL 2021

Sunday 04/04 203.8
    Sunday 04/11 202.8 (-1.0)
    Sunday 04/18
    Sunday 04/25
  • Graceful_Newt
    Graceful_Newt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just joined the group, wife and I are both restarting keto this weekend, and I typically combine it with intermittent fasting/ full day fasting depending on the day

APRIL 2021

Sunday 04/04
    Sunday 04/11 244.5
    Sunday 04/18
    Sunday 04/25
  • stormywxs288
    Options
    Bounced back from a 2.8 gain last week by losing 3.4 pounds this week. Now the trick is to keep the losing trend going! I started off 2021 by losing weight for 13 weeks in a row. My hope is to start another losing streak today that will continue for at least another 13 weeks. I am also getting dangerously close to being in the 160s as well as within 10 pounds of my 2021 goal weight.

n9hHm8.png
  • Sarag78
    Options
    HW 298
    SW 290.8
    GW 190.8

Ended March at 203.8

APRIL 2021

Sunday 04/04 203.8
    Sunday 04/18 201.2 (-1.6)
    Sunday 04/25

The keeping meals simple seems to be working for me. Went back to weighing and measuring, and also went back to keeping TOTAL carbs low.
  • Sarag78
    Options
    HW 298
    SW 290.8
    GW 190.8

Ended March at 203.8

APRIL 2021

Sunday 04/04 203.8
    Sunday 04/18 201.2 (-1.6)
    Sunday 04/25 199.8 (-1.8)

I AM IN ONE-DERLAND!!!!!!!! I am getting sooooo close that that -100 pound goal!!!! Gotta keep keeping it simple!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!!!
  • TXRebelle
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options