April showers bring May flowers

Options
UncleMac
UncleMac Posts: 12,920 Member
edited May 2021 in Social Groups
Old sayings often have a grain or three of truth in them but sometimes it seems less so.

For example, if March comes in like a lion, it goes out like a lamb... yet this year in Texas, after the storm of the century in February, I doubt there was much of anything that could happen in March to compare. Oddly enough, the blue bonnets seem to be early this year, perhaps in compensation?

So April arrives in flowers and sun for Texas. Overnight up in Ottawa (my other home), it snowed again but the temperatures are warm enough that the snow won't stick around.

Anyone have plans for changes in spring? Or are we all just saying the course?

Replies

• Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Hello old friends, I’m back. Many changes since Covid started last year. Two Jamaican vacations missed, job changes, Covid precautions with friends and family. I’m sure you all have had a tough time.

I left my limo driving job when Covid hit mid March 2020. I’m 90% sure now I had contracted and survived it. I’d been the sickest I’d ever been in February. I drove a lot of foreign students from the airport to the university here.

After a couple months, I became a commissionaire. Great job. I went on to acquire a high security clearance and now work as a guard at RCMP lockups. I’m also still doing my other part time job as a opposition force military role player. The demands of these jobs have put me back on the fitness trail.

I just completed working on a very demanding three days as part of a military basic field course with recruits a third my age. I’m strong, but need to be 20 pounds lighter and way better cardio is in order. I learned the difference between 65 and 17 is a lot of Tylenol.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,920 Member
    Options
    Farback wrote: »
    Hello old friends, I’m back.
    Good to see you back, Kirk. Sounds like you're still having fun!!