Literary Lovers

Options
PKM0515
PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
Kathy, please feel free to delete this if it doesn't meet your standards. ;)

Long ago, when the Delphi Book Forums were a popular place to be (how I miss those days!), there was a fun topic about "Literary Lovers." So who would be YOUR literary lover?

Mine was, and probably still is, Thomas Lynley from Elizabeth George's mystery series set in England.

Replies

• PKM0515
    Options
    Interesting (I hope) side note:

As far as a film portrayal of a book, I would have to choose Gabriel Oak (played by Nathaniel Parker) in the adaptation of Thomas Hardy's "Far From the Madding Crowd" as my literary lover. I own and love this film!

When the BBC made a series of Elizabeth George's novels, Nathaniel Parker was cast as Lynley. I love Nathaniel Parker, but I found it difficult to envision him as Lynley since Ms. George always made a point of describing the character's physical appearance in a particular way. I also found it hard to reconcile Sharon Small as Havers. Both are extremely talented actors; but I had such a clear vision of each in my head from reading Ms. George's wonderfully descriptive novels.
  • LondonParisTexas
    LondonParisTexas Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Mr.Darcy hands down!!💕
  • PKM0515
    Options
    Mr.Darcy hands down!!💕

We seem to have a thing for Brits! ;)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    LOL Angela, I don't have standards for this group, it's whatever you all want! Totally off-topic but did you go on the Delphi beauty groups at all? I mostly did with the mineral makeup group at the time but belonged to the various beauty ones there.
  • PKM0515
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    LOL Angela, I don't have standards for this group, it's whatever you all want! Totally off-topic but did you go on the Delphi beauty groups at all? I mostly did with the mineral makeup group at the time but belonged to the various beauty ones there.

No, I don't think I went on the beauty forums; I missed those. I was mainly involved with a few book forums, and to a lesser extent, a movie group and a cooking group. I should go refresh my memory.