Leslie Sansone May 2021 Walk Challenge

124»

Replies

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,589 Member
    zichab wrote: »
    Goal: Average 3 Miles a day for a total of 93 miles and on Sunday and Wednesday-I will do the complete Tone Every Zone workout.

Well, the scale is finally moving again and my jeans have gotten very loose. I am re-energized!!! I have lost my "winter weight" .... finally! Now I am going after the COVID pounds!!! :grumble: I am making a plan for June!!! :wink:

Oh no @AnnofB ! That is such a tender area to hurt! We really can't walk in the woods in boot cut jeans (or any jeans for that matter) in the north because of the deer ticks and the threat of Lyme disease. Maybe that is a good thing???? :laugh: I hope you heal up quickly! :heart:

Walk Strong Everyone!!! :bigsmile:

Congrat's on taming that scale! That's got to feel great.

Yep, that did hurt like the dickens. We have ticks here too. I use a spray called Repel and it does a good job. My dog takes a pill every month and he isn't bothered by ticks or fleas. Wish they would make a pill like that for us!
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    May Goal: 145 miles plus daily Pilates routines

May 1: 4 Fast Miles Walk Slim + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    May 2: 4 Miles ~ 2 Miles Walking for Weight Loss + 2 Miles Walk Away Your Hips and Thighs + 20 min Winsor Pilates full body strength
    May 3: 6 Miles ~ 4 Fast Miles Walk Slim + 2 Boosted Mile + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    May 4: 6 Miles ~ 3 Fast Miles + 3 Miles Walking for Weight Loss + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    May 5: 6 Miles ~ 5 Fat Burning Miles + 1 Mile Heart Healthy + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    May 6: 5 Boosted Miles + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    May 7: 6 Miles ~ 3 Fast & Fun Miles + 2 Miles Heart Healthy + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs
    May 8: 4 slow miles on my own + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    May 9: 4 Miles ~ 2 Miles The Big Burn + 2 Miles Woman’s Walk + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs
    May 10: 6 Miles ~ 3 Miles 5K with a Twist + 3 Miles Slim & Sleek + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    May 11: 5 Fat Burning Miles + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs
    May 12: 5 Boosted Miles + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    May 13: 6 Miles ~ 3 Fast Miles + 3 Miles iWalk Strong + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs
    May 14: 3 Miles Slim & Sleek + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    May 15: 5 Miles ~ 4 Fast Miles Walk Slim + 1 Mile Heart Healthy + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs
    May 16: 4 Miles ~ 3 Miles Walk to the Hits + 1 Fast & Fun Mile + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    May 17: 6 Miles ~ 5 Fat Burning Miles + 1 Mile Heart Healthy + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs
    May 18: 5 Miles ~ 2 Miles Women’s Walk + 3 Mile Express + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán

May 19: 6 Miles ~ 4 Fast Miles Walk Slim + 2 Boosted Miles + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    May 20: 5 Boosted Miles + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    May 21: 6 Miles ~ 3 Fast & Fun Miles + 2 Miles Heart Healthy + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs
    May 22: 4 Fast Miles Walk Slim + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    May 23: 4 Miles ~ 2 Miles Walking for Weight Loss + 2 Miles Walk Away Your Hips and Thighs + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    May 24: 6 Miles ~ 5 Fat Burning Miles + 1 Mile Heart Healthy + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    May 25: 5 Boosted Miles + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    May 26: 5 Miles ~ 4 Fast Miles Walk Slim + 1 Mile Heart Healthy + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    May 27: 3 Miles Slim & Sleek + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    May 28: 5 Advanced Miles + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    May 29: 4 Fast Miles Walk Slim + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting

143 out of 145 miles
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    @zichab We had a cool snap here today and it was only 61F! I was so happy, I opened the windows for a bit! It did cool my house down which I loved. Got the blanket back out for the sofa, sipped on hot coffee and read my book. I'm soaking it up before the heat comes back in! And congrats on your scale moving in the right direction!

Oh @AnnofB I really hate to hear about your injury! So unfair that we get hurt when we're minding our own business. Then it makes us have to change our workout routines, too. But I'm glad you've enjoyed the Pilates. It's so neat how it works different muscles, I love that exercise burn!
  • AnnofB

Oh @AnnofB I really hate to hear about your injury! So unfair that we get hurt when we're minding our own business. Then it makes us have to change our workout routines, too. But I'm glad you've enjoyed the Pilates. It's so neat how it works different muscles, I love that exercise burn!

Thank you. It did at least get me out of that rut and I agree, it really is great how Pilates can make a difference just with body weight.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    I am posting now and will go back later to read everyone's posts for the month. I will respond later on today or tomorrow, otherwise I will never enter my post, and I do want to actually do this during May 🙄.

I'm not sure exactly why I hadn't posted this month. There have definitely been a variety of things going on, and some difficulties as well. One major thing is that I promised myself not to get on the computer, or at least MFP, at night time and to figure out when to post during the day. Well, I definitely did not post at night, but obviously I never figured out when to post during the day. My looking at email at nighttime was also included in my new rule 😲. On the positive side I am forcing myself to go to sleep earlier😴 more often. Although I did start coloring to get some wind-down time sometimes. I received my second vaccine two 1/2 weeks ago. So that is finally done. I've been really struggling with the arthritis flare ups this month. And we finally had to replace our refrigerator, as it seemed to be wise to do so now, before it finally gave out, as the signs were there that it could be soon enough. That was an experience we haven't had to go through for over 25 years.

Thankfully we've recently had more rain than usual, including a huge storm this past Friday. The boy down the street said it looked like the Discovery Channel (meaning the nature shows) outside. Indeed, I have not experienced so much lightening/ thunder/ wind at one time in many, many years! Yes, we did lose the power, but only for over night. However a few hours after it was finally restored a transformer somewhere up the street fried, and the whole street lost power for several hours. One of our neighbors said that it lit up the sky when it fried. We could smell it all the way down to the end of our street, and heard it as well.

My goal for this month will once again be to keep moving by using the rebounder, walking (mostly) indoors, using the Gazelle, or working outdoors🌻 🍂. I'm also adding in, only when appropriate, time spent working or deep cleaning in the house or outside, only if it is something more physically active/ or challenging for whatever the reason.

I've been adding in some various light strength exercises for my arms during April. During May I'm adding in some experimental strength exercises for my legs also.

I will post only the moving minutes and activities but not strength minutes/ activities (I'm keeping track on my calendar). This is all experimental as holding weights can be difficult for me because of my thumb issues/ weakening grip and the leg ones are going to be determined by what my ankles/ feet allow. What I will do will vary depending on how my joints are cooperating, as well as attempting to add variety and different exercises and degree of difficulty.

May 1: 45 minutes: gazelle, indoor walking, + strength)

May 2: Rest Day
    May 3: 45 minutes: gazelle, rebounder, walk inside, + strength
    May 4: 45 minutes: errands, inside walking, + strength
    May 5: 55 minutes: gazelle, inside walking, + strength
    May 6: 2 hours grocery store, + strength
    May 7: 30 minutes: gazelle, inside walking, + strength
    May 8: 45 minutes: gazelle, inside walking, + strength

May 9: Rest Day
    May 10: 3 hours: errands, inside walking, grocery store, + strength
    May 11: 1.5 hours: errands, inside walking, + strength
    May 12: 60 minutes: gazelle, inside walking, + strength
    May 13: 45 minutes: gazelle, inside walking, + strength
    May 14: 90 minutes: cleaning, + strength
    May 15: 3 hours: cleaning, inside walking, + strength

May 16: Rest Day
    May 17: 40 minutes: cleaning, inside walking, + strength
    May 18: 45 minutes: gazelle, inside walking, + strength
    May 19: 70 minutes: gazelle, cleaning, inside walking, + strength
    May 20: 75 minutes: gazelle, cleaning, inside walking, + strength
    May 21: 60 minutes: outside work, inside walking, + strength
    May 22: 75 minutes: gazelle, errand, inside walking, + strength

May 23: Rest Day
    May 24: 2.5 hours: work in house, inside walking, + strength
    May 25: 3.5 hours: work in house, inside walking, + strength
    May 26: 2 hours: yard work + strength
    May 27: 1.5 hours: yard work + strength
    May 28: 2 hours: errand, grocery store, + strength
    May 29: 2 hours: cleaning, inside walking, + strength

May 30: Rest Day
    May 31: Play Day

🤠🌺
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    May Goal: 145 miles plus daily Pilates routines

May 1: 4 Fast Miles Walk Slim + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    May 2: 4 Miles ~ 2 Miles Walking for Weight Loss + 2 Miles Walk Away Your Hips and Thighs + 20 min Winsor Pilates full body strength
    May 3: 6 Miles ~ 4 Fast Miles Walk Slim + 2 Boosted Mile + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    May 4: 6 Miles ~ 3 Fast Miles + 3 Miles Walking for Weight Loss + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    May 5: 6 Miles ~ 5 Fat Burning Miles + 1 Mile Heart Healthy + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    May 6: 5 Boosted Miles + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    May 7: 6 Miles ~ 3 Fast & Fun Miles + 2 Miles Heart Healthy + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs
    May 8: 4 slow miles on my own + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    May 9: 4 Miles ~ 2 Miles The Big Burn + 2 Miles Woman’s Walk + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs
    May 10: 6 Miles ~ 3 Miles 5K with a Twist + 3 Miles Slim & Sleek + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    May 11: 5 Fat Burning Miles + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs
    May 12: 5 Boosted Miles + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    May 13: 6 Miles ~ 3 Fast Miles + 3 Miles iWalk Strong + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs
    May 14: 3 Miles Slim & Sleek + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    May 15: 5 Miles ~ 4 Fast Miles Walk Slim + 1 Mile Heart Healthy + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs
    May 16: 4 Miles ~ 3 Miles Walk to the Hits + 1 Fast & Fun Mile + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    May 17: 6 Miles ~ 5 Fat Burning Miles + 1 Mile Heart Healthy + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs
    May 18: 5 Miles ~ 2 Miles Women’s Walk + 3 Mile Express + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán

May 19: 6 Miles ~ 4 Fast Miles Walk Slim + 2 Boosted Miles + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    May 20: 5 Boosted Miles + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    May 21: 6 Miles ~ 3 Fast & Fun Miles + 2 Miles Heart Healthy + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs
    May 22: 4 Fast Miles Walk Slim + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    May 23: 4 Miles ~ 2 Miles Walking for Weight Loss + 2 Miles Walk Away Your Hips and Thighs + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    May 24: 6 Miles ~ 5 Fat Burning Miles + 1 Mile Heart Healthy + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    May 25: 5 Boosted Miles + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    May 26: 5 Miles ~ 4 Fast Miles Walk Slim + 1 Mile Heart Healthy + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    May 27: 3 Miles Slim & Sleek + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    May 28: 5 Advanced Miles + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    May 29: 4 Fast Miles Walk Slim + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting

May 30: 3 of 5 Really Big Miles + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    May 31: 5 Boosted Miles + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting

151 out of 145 miles
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    @texasgardnr You sure have had a lot of things keeping you busy! I think that was a great idea to stay off the computer at night. It's better to wind down in the evenings and have good sleep without all the electronic things to keep us up. I love coloring, too, but I seem to find 900 other things to do instead! Maybe I'll try to add that into my goals for next month. :)
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    wow, @mypinkbikini , You've been through the physical and emotional wringer with the job change and in between your two vaccines and so on. Thank you for sharing with us. Hugs 💗 . I do hope that as I do my catch up reading that things have leveled out for you.

@zichab you wrote to @mypinkbikini : "In addition, we have all been through a very trying historical time both from a political and a public health perspective, so even the most well adjusted among us have not gotten through this past year without some emotional ramifications. Give yourself some grace and if you can get in one mile of focused exercise, call it good! As Leslie says, every mile helps!"

Well said for all of us. Thank you! It has been rough in many ways for all of us 💐.

BTW, you are rocking the Tone Every Zone workouts 🤸‍♀️

@VeggieGirlforLife Hugs for the ongoing plantar fasciitis issues. You definitely do soldier on... and on!

Welcome @wtbarunner and @ra6094 it is good to see you both here! I hope that you will join in with us in June.

@Deeder522 You are doing great with your meal size portions! Let us know how you fared with your Apple Watch Challenges.

Oh, no 😥 @AnnofB I'm sorry to read about your hand and the sudden fall. It is good that you didn't need any stitches and wasn't injured more than you were. I'm glad that you didn't stay down like a dead cedar tree 😱😮 (I couldn't help that comment 🤐 😵) Hugs 💖.

@RisingAboveIt hope that all is well with you 🌼 . Great start to your month!!

@ra6094 I write my daily workouts in a 2 year "See It Bigger" 'monthly' planner that I found at Walmart. The date squares are lined on all four sides and everything is a larger size so it works well for writing notes. And there are a variety of covers to choose from. The paper quality is good and for me so is the layout. I hope that they are available again as I'm on the second year.

I broke my May rule about not getting on the computer in the evening, but I wanted to write a sort of quick post. We are set for possibly more storms and if we lose electricity again I most likely won't be able to post for a while.

Everyone did amazing with mileage and various workouts. A very inspiring May! I enjoyed reading everyone's posts.

See you all in June 🏃‍♀️.

🤠🌺
  • AnnofB
    wow, @mypinkbikini , You've been through the physical and emotional wringer with the job change and in between your two vaccines and so on. Thank you for sharing with us. Hugs 💗 . I do hope that as I do my catch up reading that things have leveled out for you.

@zichab you wrote to @mypinkbikini : "In addition, we have all been through a very trying historical time both from a political and a public health perspective, so even the most well adjusted among us have not gotten through this past year without some emotional ramifications. Give yourself some grace and if you can get in one mile of focused exercise, call it good! As Leslie says, every mile helps!"

Well said for all of us. Thank you! It has been rough in many ways for all of us 💐.

BTW, you are rocking the Tone Every Zone workouts 🤸‍♀️

@VeggieGirlforLife Hugs for the ongoing plantar fasciitis issues. You definitely do soldier on... and on!

Welcome @wtbarunner and @ra6094 it is good to see you both here! I hope that you will join in with us in June.

@Deeder522 You are doing great with your meal size portions! Let us know how you fared with your Apple Watch Challenges.

Oh, no 😥 @AnnofB I'm sorry to read about your hand and the sudden fall. It is good that you didn't need any stitches and wasn't injured more than you were. I'm glad that you didn't stay down like a dead cedar tree 😱😮 (I couldn't help that comment 🤐 😵) Hugs 💖.

@RisingAboveIt hope that all is well with you 🌼 . Great start to your month!!

@ra6094 I write my daily workouts in a 2 year "See It Bigger" 'monthly' planner that I found at Walmart. The date squares are lined on all four sides and everything is a larger size so it works well for writing notes. And there are a variety of covers to choose from. The paper quality is good and for me so is the layout. I hope that they are available again as I'm on the second year.

I broke my May rule about not getting on the computer in the evening, but I wanted to write a sort of quick post. We are set for possibly more storms and if we lose electricity again I most likely won't be able to post for a while.

Everyone did amazing with mileage and various workouts. A very inspiring May! I enjoyed reading everyone's posts.

See you all in June 🏃‍♀️.

🤠🌺

Lol about me not staying down like a dead cedar tree!
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,484 Member
    Goal: Average 3 Miles a day for a total of 93 miles and on Sunday and Wednesday-I will do the complete Tone Every Zone workout.

May 1-WAP-4 Mile Super Challenge-4 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked 1.1 miles=5.1 miles total
    May 2-Just Walk- Tone Every Zone 2.4 miles=7.5 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked 1.8 miles=9.3 miles total
    May 3-Rest Day- Vivofit tracked 3.0 miles=12.3 miles total
    May 4-Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=15.3 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked-.9 miles=16.2 miles total
    May 5-Just Walk- Tone Every Zone 2.4 miles=18.6 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked 2.6 miles=21.2 miles total
    May 6-Rest Day- Vivofit tracked 2.4 miles=23.6 miles total
    May 7-WAP-4 Mile Super Challenge=27.6 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked .8 miles=28.4 miles total
    May 8-WAH-5 Mile Fat Burning Walk=33.4 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked .4 miles=33.8 miles total
    May 9-Just Walk- Tone Every Zone 2.4 miles =36.2 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked-2.2 miles=38.4 miles total
    May 10-Rest Day-2.4 miles=40.8 miles total
    May 11-Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=44.8 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked 1.2 miles=46.0 miles total
    May 12-Unplanned Rest Day=Vivofit tracked 2.3 miles=48.3 miles total
    May 13-Just Walk- Tone Every Zone 2.4 miles=50.7 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked 1.6 miles 52=.3
    May 14-Unplanned rest day-Vivofit tracked 2.3 miles=54.6 miles total
    May 15-WAP-4 Mile Super Challenge-58.6 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked .2 miles=58.8 miles total
    May 16-WAH-5 Mile Fat Burning Walk=63.8 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked .8 miles=64.6 miles total
    May 17-Rest Day-vivofit tracked 2.4 miles=67.0 miles total
    May 18-Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=71.0 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked 1.6 miles=72.6 miles total
    May 19-Just Walk- Tone Every Zone 2.4 miles=75.0 miles total
    -vivofit tracked-1.8 miles=76.8 miles total
    May 20-Rest Day- Vivofit tracked 1.9 miles=78.7 miles total
    May 21-Helped DH-missed W/O-Vivofit tracked 1.8 miles=80.5 miles total
    May 22-WAH-5 Mile Fat Burning Walk=85.5 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked .1 miles=85.6 miles total
    May 23-Just Walk- Tone Every Zone 2.4 miles=88.6 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked-2.0 miles=90.6 miles total
    May 24-Rest Day-Vivofit tracked 3.5 miles=94.1 miles total Goal Miles reached! :star::star:
    May 25-Did not feel like working out at all!!! Vivofit tracked 1.3 miles=95.4 miles total
    May 26-Did not feel like working out at all!!!! Vivofit tracked 2.9 miles=98.3 miles total
    May 27-Just Walk- Tone Every Zone Upper and Lower Body only 1.4 miles + 5K with a Twist 3.0 miles=4.4 miles=102.7 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked-1.6 miles=104.3 miles total
    May 28-WAP-4 Mile Super Challenge=108.3 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked 1.5 miles=109.8 miles total
    May 29-Away for Holiday Weekend:-1.7 miles=110.5 miles total
    May 30-Away for Holiday Weekend:-1.1 miles=111.6 miles total
    May 31-Away for Holiday Weekend:-1.2 miles=112.8 miles total

We went to visit the family cemeteries and some old friends for the holiday weekend. It was too far when we lived in MI and now that we are only 2.5 hours from our childhood homes, we decided to pay our respects to our family members who have passed and to visit people who have asked us to stop by now that we are back. Great for the spirit, but not for my mileage! :blush: On to June!

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile: