Monthly Post for May 2021

Options
13»

Replies

• Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Sorry for not checking in yesterday - crazy day at work!! Hope you all had a great weekend. We had great weather. More time spent outside on the patio! :smiley:

Things are pretty good here. Busy but good. Looking forward to having some friends over for the long Memorial Day weekend, this coming weekend.

I will check in again soon. Have a great day all!
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,545 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! Today is the last day of school for my kids. And the sun is finally out, too! I am fasting right now and then this evening we will have a celebration for summer. :) I have had three interviews, got a job offer from one, but it just didn't feel right, so I turned it down. Waiting to hear back from the other two. Fingers crossed.

@Meghan509 Glad the weather is nice and things are going well!

Going to go and enjoy some sunshine and do a little gardening. Enjoy the rest of your week! Be healthy!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hi all! Talk about completely off the wagon!!! Me too! I’ve got lots of excuses but you don’t want to hear ;) my dads bday today so planned Chinese take out from the little place in our area and then drive it into their town (25 min drive).. except the restaurant is closed on wednesdays!!!!! What? What restaurant closes on a Wednesday?? Plan B is in the works.,..

Good luck Kate with all your interviews!!! That’s all very exciting!

Hope you’re having a good week Meghan!
  • mamainthekitchen
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Woah.... had a little computer glitch here during posting and by the time I’m done I see you’ve both posted!!!! Hahaha all 3 of us on here at the same time, now that’s funny!

Kate good for you making sure you have a perfect fit for your next position!

Glad you’re enjoying the outdoors Meghan... patio must be so nice!

Ps... no one else having trouble posting?? It’s telling me to edit!! Weird
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi all!

Sorry for being MIA lately - been a crazy week here! UGH. Is it Friday yet?!

Recently purchased a new "squirrel proof" bird feeder and bird seed. Wish me luck. LOL Going to put it on a hook outside my front window. :)

WOE is going okay. During the week is not my issue. Weekends sigh... About to make a low carb shake for a mid day snack. Then we'll have a later lunch, etc.

We are off on Monday for Memorial Day and I am taking Tuesday off as a vacation day. Looking forward to that. We have friends coming for Friday and Saturday PM's then we are going to another friend's house for a get together on Sunday. Figuring out what I need from the grocery stores so we can hopefully avoid the traffic and rush on Friday afternoon.

Good news is we are still not heading back in to the office on a more full time basis yet. Last I heard another month or even Labor Day. Fingers crossed as it would nice to have another summer working remotely!

Have a great day and see you all soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 It's Friday Eve! You can make it! Enjoy your weekend and relax. I kind of like the squirrels, so I don't make it too hard for them to get the food, just a bit of a challenge. Glad you get to stay hybrid for a bit longer. Enjoy your long weekend!

@mamainthekitchen I hope Plan B was a success! Happy birthday to your dad!

I had a good fast yesterday and last night. I am feeling old. I have a kid that I took to get a bank account for automatic deposit for his job and one kid got his learner's permit. Have a nice end of the week! Be healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!

Happy Friday! Finally made it. LOL Yes, there will be a fair amount of clock watching today I am sure. :)

We put the bird feeder up in a different spot, until the new hook arrives for the ground. So far no birds...

Anybody watch the show Friends? We watched the special last night on HBO Max and it was awesome!

@mamainthekitchen hope all is well with you and your family. Hope your Dad had a nice birthday!

@KateNkognito awww don't feel old. LOL That's cute, good for them! Like my Mom used to say, these kids get older but we stay the same. :smiley:

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend! See you guys soon. :)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Had a 24 hour fast, a good dinner for about 500 calories, and now I will fast until tomorrow morning. I feel thinner already! :)

@Meghan509 Glad you made it through the week! I hope your birds show up. It sea like once one of them find a feeder, the tell all their friends. :)

Have a great weekend, y'all! Stay healthy!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Great fasting Kate!!! Well done! Hope your positive vibes rub off on me way over here!

Meghan glad you made it through another week.... birds will love coming to your yard... they’ll tell their friends!

I’m not fasting or walking or anything... little break going on here. Dads bday went well, thank you....cake was very decadent!! Really didn’t need that! Plan B was fish & chips which surprisingly turned out pretty good, hot and still crispy even though my hubs picked up & delivered! Easy peasy!!

Today I washed my friends new dog! Had to wash my own dog to show the new dog how it’s done!! What a day! Time to crack a low carb beer!

Looking forward to a little more self control in the next week....!!!!!
    Happy weekend you guys!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Ugh! I woke up in the night feeling awful! I think it is a UTI. Cranberry capsules, lots of liquids, and a heating pad. If it isn't better tomorrow, I will go to the clinic at the grocery store. I hope you are all having a better weekend than I am!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Feeling better today. Not 100%, but better. On the positive side, I have lost at least two pounds in two days. Also, I have tracked everything since last Wednesday. I think I am back on track... finally! Enjoy your weekend! Stay healthy!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Ohhh yikes Kate!!! Sending you hugs and really hoping you heal asap!!! Sometimes those don’t heal on their own so watch those symptoms!! Look after yourself! I know as a mom your most likely thinking about what to feed the fam for Sunday dinner!!!!! Tell them they are making it this week!!!

After a nice sunny day yesterday and all our garden work out of the way, it quickly got cold and today it’s back to rain! Absolutely perfect after my husband cleaned all the deck furniture and hosed the deck off yesterday!!

Zero to report on the fasting.... I know, for new people; I’m suppose to report on fasting!! I know!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    All better today! It is raining and cool here. I'm starting to feel like I live in Seattle. I think for Memorial Day, we are going to grill and make some home made ice cream.

@mamainthekitchen Thanks for the well wishes! I hope the weather clears so you can use your deck to appreciate all the lovely gardening. You will get back on track. Just remember why you want to fast. It is healthy and you want to be around and able for a good long while. Because you are an awesome person. <3

Have a great week! Stay healthy!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Ah Kate <3 sooo glad you are better!! Yes that’s so true.....I DO need to remember why fasting is good for me! I feel better when I fast!! Thanks for you’re kind words, we’re a great bunch here! Also the sun is out this morning! However vacuuming is one of the many chores on my long list today!

Have a great day everyone!!
    Happy fasting! ;)