Daily Reading Accountability Week 3 (8/26/13-9/1/13)

Options
auntsammy88
auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
Here we are, beginning week 3. Please continue to post daily and remain accountable for daily reading.

Replies

• auntsammy88
    Options
    My reading tonight was John 18:1-19:16. It is the arrest and betrayal of Jesus and his trial before Pilate. It's such a sad sad situation, yet I am so thankful that God allowed it to happen so that I might be saved from my sins...as little as I may deserve to be.

What are you reading?
  • auntsammy88
    Options
    Today's reading was John 19:17-32. It is the crucifixion and burial of Jesus.

I hope that even if no one posts that they continue to read daily to grow spiritually. =)
  • Erithil
    Erithil Posts: 52
    Options
    Sorry I've been busy, but I've been reading! I reached Job 38 today finally!! :D I got there quicker than I thought because I was reading more than 1 chapter some mornings, because each character's lecture would span several chapters. I have no time to write about what I read, except that I just love reading about the greatness of God. (:
  • auntsammy88
    Options
    Today was bible study day. Isaiah 9. We were talking about the implications of Isaiah's prophecy.
  • auntsammy88
    Options
    Today I finished the Book of John. Not sure what I want to read next. Perhaps we could do a bible study?
  • auntsammy88
    Options
    Tonight I read the book of Philippians. I also read chapter 1 of Ecclesiastes. I think i will begin to study the book of Ecclesiastes more in depth. Keep reading friends! :heart:
  • auntsammy88
    Options
    Today I read Ecclesiastes Ch 2. I feel like I am meant to read this book at this point in my life. I've actually never read it fully before, but so far God is truly speaking to me through it.
  • Erithil
    Options
    Today I finished Job by reading chapters 39 to the end (I forget how many). I love how descriptive this section is! :D How great is our God! And of course I enjoy the "dragon" part in ... chapter 41 (I think). It sounds like a dragon to me anyway. (; It is at least some kind of flame-spitting reptile that seems right out of a fantasy book! :)
    I'm not sure what book I will read next.
  • auntsammy88
    Options
    Today I reread Ecclesiastes Ch 1-2. I feel so connected to this book. I don't know why, but I get this gut feeling that there is something God wants me to get from it, so I'm taking my time to study it in depth, read, and reread. If anyone knows of any good books with commentaries on Ecclesiastes, I'm definitely interested.
  • Erithil
    Options
    I remember reading Ecclesiastes once and I really enjoyed it (:
    I started Lamentations today.
    At the beginning of 2012 I was wondering if there were any parts in the Bible that I had never read. I mean, I had tried those "read the Bible in 1 year" reading plans before, but it was just so much and I would miss day ... So I decided to read the whole Bible. To start, I wrote a list of all the books in the Bible, and then I check them off as I go along, because I could never remember on my own what I had read or not haha. Anyway, since I finished Job I only have 16 of the 66 books left to read, including Lamentations. I am just pacing myself at a chapter a day, and not really reading the books in any particular order.
    Anyway, that's just my order of things. I don't really know what I'm going to do after I finish them all haha (: