June 6 Sign In

Options

Replies

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    @pamjsa ive saved ur podcast suggestion to my list. Looks like something i wld get alot of value out of.

• seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I almost always have music on. For several of my playlists I used jog.fm to find songs with either the right cadence or the right "time" (minutes/mile). Then I made playlists on Spotify. Alternatively, and especially when I'm riding my bike, I'll shuffle my Pandora lists. The music is fairly eclectic from classic rock to classic country, bagpipes to big band, and Broadway to 20s style "jazz." I also use Pandora's Classic Rock Workout or Pop Workout playlists. Not a lot of current tunes for the most part, to be honest. I should probably rectify that. :)
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @biketheworld - it’s taken me a long time to not finish every house project and maintenance. That with a full time job, 3 kids heavy into sports and hockey, extended family commitments, etc., there was no time for even the things I thought needed to be done, let alone what I wanted to do. Plus I had my oldest quite young and started college when she was 2 months old. When the last kid got his drivers license and I turned 48, I broke free. I still work and take care of things that absolutely need to be done but I reprioritized my life. When I die, no one will give a eulogy about how spotless and organized my house was - no one has even been here for 15 months. I want them to say how I was fun and did so many different things. I have to go wash out the kayaks now and the dishwasher will be emptied later tonight - maybe ... I’m glad you got to sew and your slacks look great!
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    @smoda61 - Thanks for the tip on songbpm.com! That's really intriguing!

My go to playlist for runs. It's... eclectic? Sometimes I add and remove other songs, but this is the core list that doesn't change. I skip songs if I'm not feeling them in the moment. I've had runs where I just put one song on repeat for 5 miles (it's usually Boston - More than a Feeling. You know, I'm biased because of the whole "Maryann/Marianne" thing. LOL. )

Timber - Pitbull/Ke$ha
    Talk Dirty to Me - Poison
    TNT - AC/DC
    Poison - Alice Cooper
    In Your Room - The Bangles
    Meet Me Half Way - Back Eyes Peas
    More Than a Feeling - Boston
    Girl All The Bad Guys Want - Bowling for Soup
    Call me Maybe - Carly Rea Jepsen
    My Best Friends Girl - The Cars
    The Dirty Glass - Drop Kick Murphy's
    So Much For the Afterglow - Everclear
    Die Young - Ke$ha
    Your Love is My Drug - Ke$ha
    Poker Face - Lady Gaga
    Who Knew - P!nk
    Fat Bottomed Girls - Queen
    So Sad to Say - Bosstones
    Hooked on a Feeling - Blue Swede
    My Friend Peter - Alkaline Trio
    Ohio - Bowling for Soup
    Give Up The Grudge - Gob
    Bad Reputation - Joan Jett
    Stronger - Kelly CLarkson
    Ghostbusters - Pay Parker Jr.
    Got Your Money - ODB
    Cum on Feel the Noise - Quiet Riot
    Word Crimes - Weird Al
    Amazing Grace - Dropkick Murphy's

• tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, trying get in more walking everyday at a faster pace.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, this was really tough today. I was craving a snack last night so I just went to bed and did not give in. Also, I try to not keep “bad” snacks in the house.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @biketheworld - That made me lol :lol: I don't know if things get intense so much as I just hate how quickly a set of strength training can take me from feeling all gung-ho to feeling truly spent. Lather, rinse, repeat each set. I much prefer getting back to the gung-ho feeling and might be a little impatient about that, and take it out on any poor butterflies that happen to pass by. It's a miracle that I even stick with strength training, to be honest. But that's how our bodies work, they only get stronger, better, faster, etc. after you push them past your comfort zones.
  • shadowcookie1023
    shadowcookie1023 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I thought I posted on her but I guess I didn't

June 6th

Exercise: yes. Went for a short 10 minute walk and then ran in place for 10 minutes to get the full 20 😁

Calories: no.. sadly being surrounded by leftover cake with my sweet tooth is not a good combination..

Tracking: yes. Marked everything down!

Pass days used: 2/3
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    June 6

Exercise: 71 minutes mountain biking, 45 minutes stretching and PT exercises

Tracking: yes
    Calories: under
  • fossil9078
    fossil9078 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes - lots of yard work between showers
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes an hour of lap swimming in the morning and an hour and a half of mermaid swimming that night!
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes!