First time doing OMAD

Options
ryansmama04
ryansmama04 Posts: 15 Member
I’ve been researching OMAD for a few weeks now and I feel ready. I had good success on keto but as everyone knows, once you stop you gain it back. I have 100lbs to lose and I’m a volume eater, I tend to overeat at all meals but I’ve been 18/6 IF for a year so feel like going to one hour won’t be impossible for me. I’m on day 5 right now and I’m loving it so far. It lets me feel like I’m overeating without actually eating too many calories. Any tips would be greatly appreciated as I can NOT fail. For me it’s not about looks, I’ve never cared that I was fat but I need to be healthy to watch my babies grow up. My goal is to lose close to my 100lbs by my 40th birthday next April.

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our OMAD group, we are all here to help each other in our weight loss journey's. Best of luck to you :)

I suggest that you read the Thread under Discussions named How to do One-Meal-A-Day (The Basics)

• ryansmama04
    Options
    Welcome to our OMAD group, we are all here to help each other in our weight loss journey's. Best of luck to you :)

I suggest that you read the Thread under Discussions named How to do One-Meal-A-Day (The Basics)

Thank you so much! I’ll do that. I truly think this is the lifestyle for me and I’m kind of bummed I’m just finding out about it
  • bonitabeach33
    bonitabeach33 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I’ve been researching OMAD for a few weeks now and I feel ready. I had good success on keto but as everyone knows, once you stop you gain it back. I have 100lbs to lose and I’m a volume eater, I tend to overeat at all meals but I’ve been 18/6 IF for a year so feel like going to one hour won’t be impossible for me. I’m on day 5 right now and I’m loving it so far. It lets me feel like I’m overeating without actually eating too many calories. Any tips would be greatly appreciated as I can NOT fail. For me it’s not about looks, I’ve never cared that I was fat but I need to be healthy to watch my babies grow up. My goal is to lose close to my 100lbs by my 40th birthday next April.

Welcome. Look forward to working through the OMAD plan together. I just started a month ago and am really enjoying it. Water is probably the one thing I have to keep focusing on making sure I have enough of. I have lots to lose too and am trying to take bite size chunks. My newest goal is to get a 1 in front of my weight. Hopefully it wont be too far away. I’ll send you a friend request.
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Welcome & I'm glad you found the board. One day at a time makes new habits and from there it gets to be thought free :) I'll be gone for a week but look forward to reading your successes when I get back <3
  • ryansmama04
    Options
    I’m so confused on how many calories I should be eating. I’ve been trying to keep it around 1700 but is that to much? I weigh close to 300 so that’s the number a calculator told me but some days I have a hard time eating that much in my hour. I think I went over that today because the husband brought me a piece of cake from my favorite place but I held off and ate it in my one hour window.
  • bonitabeach33
    bonitabeach33 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi Ryansmama, I guess we are all different. For me 1200 is the max calories if I want to lose weight. I’m over 200lbs and with OMAD am finding that that is plenty for me. I have been trying to avoid all sugar as that is definitely a weakness for me. I cannot eat just one piece of chocolote or just a few candies so we have no sweets at all in the house. As my first 4 weeks is complete I am not craving the sweets and desserts as much as I was but occasionally I do have the thought of a wonderful cream cake flashing into my head. Drinking lots of water does help as does a tablespoon of ACV in sparkling water with lemon. I guess the first question is are you losing weight?
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I’m so confused on how many calories I should be eating. I’ve been trying to keep it around 1700 but is that to much? I weigh close to 300 so that’s the number a calculator told me but some days I have a hard time eating that much in my hour. I think I went over that today because the husband brought me a piece of cake from my favorite place but I held off and ate it in my one hour window.

I'm going to tag you in a post and it talks about the one plate rule, I hope this helps 🤞
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Hi there and a warm welcome ❤️ Stay strong and slowly find what works for you 😁