Weight No More - June 2021 Team Chat

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
edited May 2021 in Social Groups
jj26xy1ngcvv.png

Here is your Team chat room for June 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Beka3695 and @imgwendolyn2015

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @TheresaM787
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @trooworld
Trimstones - @angmarie28 and @JoDavo66
Weight No More - open
WaistAways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari and @junedave3

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. At the end of the month we celebrate everyone who lost every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captains here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You need support to maintain, and you can help your teammates join you. You continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• Cocopops8
    Cocopops8 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello team Weight No More and thank you for allowing me to join. I can't wait to get going with my first weigh in on Monday. Here's a little about myself....

I’m a married mum of one, in my early forties and live in Yorkshire, England. I hit my highest weight (11 stone) last spring and took the plunge on a diet and fitness overhaul in June. I really embraced the new lifestyle and by October I had lost 2 stone and was fitter and stronger than I had ever been. I maintained my weight loss until earlier this year when a member of my family was killed in a freak accident. I then spiralled out of control from a diet and exercise point of view. In the early days my every waking moment was spent on the practical duties which I had to take charge of and supporting my family through the loss. My way of coping with awful situations (as has been the case throughout my life) is to be there for others and hold everything together, that’s the only way I know.

I don’t mean for any of this to sound ‘woe is me’, I just want to give you a bit of background. I feel my head and heart are finally emerging from the darkness of the past few months and I need to take back control if my life and happiness. The confidence, motivation and feelings of self worth that I had at the back end of last year seem a distant memory now but I know I can get back to it. I don’t have a lot of close friends (none if I’m being brutally honest) as I’m a bit of an introvert and have always been very shy in social situations so I am hoping I can find some supportive friends on here. I promise to be supportive and encouraging in return and will always make myself available if anyone needs a chat or some encouragement.

I have set my June goals on the tracker:

1. 1500cals/90g protein
    2. 1.5 litres of water
    3. Read the daily passage from UCB's "Word for Today"
    4. Practise the Wim Hoff cold shower technique
    5. Do some form of exercise daily - gym, Pilates or a walk

Thank you for taking the time to read my message. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better and hopefully make some new friends.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    Happy New Month, Everybody! So excited to see all the new faces in the chat (and the old ones too, not that I'm calling anyone old, I swear)!

I am minstrelofsarcasm, also known as Minstrel, also known as Ashley, also known as "that sweaty girl in the corner"... I am one of the co-captains along with the ever-marvelous @melaniedscott. My role here is to provide some real talk, some good motivation, and a few too many jokes about stress eating for anyone's comfort levels.

The Basics:

I am 25 and currently living in Ohio. I work as a combustion engineer for an industrial manufacturing company (I set things on fire for money). I am fascinated by all facets of science, whether that be nuclear physics, nutrition, geology (I hear it rocks), chemistry, etc. Feel free to ask any of your questions when it comes to the science of things. I can't guarantee I'll know the answer, but I can definitely figure it out and provide an answer in a way that's (hopefully) understandable.

Why I am Here:

I love numbers, and when I discovered that I could get healthier (as my doctor told me I absolutely had to do) by keeping track of numbers, I signed up for MFP. My original weight was 8lbs 2oz, and while I don't think I'll ever make it quite that low ever again, my goal is to never be above my highest weight of 234 (September 2014).

Despite having joined this wonderful community, I didn't take my weight loss or my health seriously until after I graduated college in May 2017 and was told by a different doctor that my eating and (lack of) exercise habits put me on the road to diabetes. I'll admit, I was terrified. I grew up with a diabetic parent who took no actions towards improving their health to reduce their dependence on insulin and is now facing some very serious health complications. I didn't want that to happen to me - I wouldn't want to put anyone through having to worry about me in the same way I worried about them.

So I searched "gym" on Google Maps, and signed up for a free class with the first place that popped up in the results, a spin studio. Since July 1st, 2017, I have completed over 880 spin classes. I guess you can say they hooked me.

In other news, I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in December 2019 after an arduous journey from doctor to doctor, through several misdiagnoses (why is anxiety the first thing a doctor will suggest if you're female and show emotion?), 14 vials of blood drawn for blood tests, 3 weeks of being unable to consistently feel the left side of my body, 2 MRIs, 1 spinal tap, and a partridge in a pear tree. I could go into a long rant about everything, and I have, but there's no need to fill my introduction with things I've written time and time again (I'll post a link to my blog, for those of you interested in my madness).

In Summary:

Since joining MFP, I have lost over 70 lbs, regained about 15 while on a three-month business trip in France (wine and cheese is my weakness), lost 5 of them, gained 5 of them, maintained throughout 2020, yo-yo'ed for the first few months of 2021, and here I stand (sit) at 170 lbs, a good 64 net lbs lost. I don't have a goal weight anymore, since BMI was developed by a mathematician and not a doctor, and as long as I feel healthy, I can weigh whatever I want (somewhere in the 150's sounds pretty good right now, but I guess we'll see).

As for exercising, I still have a membership to the spin studio, but I also do regular functional training HIIT classes to build up some resistance training on top of my strong cardio regimen. I'm aiming to hit my 1000th spin class by my birthday at the end of August. I'm a bit behind my weekly quota, but I have faith I'll be able to work something out.

If you want to know more about me, or my journey, feel free to ask questions, or you can find my blog here: LINK

Blog posts I’m especially proud of:
    • Creating a Sense of Accountability - This is my first blog post ever, and I’ve grown a lot since then, but so many of the same factors are still present in my life
    • Timeline of a Post Vacation Bloat - Follow how my weight fluctuates throughout the week after my return from a short vacation, and the factors that I believe played a role in each shift
    • BMI is BS - I essentially wrote a history lesson on BMI and why you shouldn’t base your self worth on it. Most likely, your BMI is misrepresenting you.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you even more as we work our way through the month. Expect the step awards post to be written later today or early tomorrow - my work day is already pretty crazy and I cannot guarantee my typical posting schedule on top of writing this introduction post.
  • IDebraK
    IDebraK Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    HELLO ALL!
    I am new to MFP groups but not at all new to MFP.
    I joined MFP to maintain weight loss from Weight Watchers. I had joined WW in 2010 and lost 72 pounds!

Since that time, I have changed careers 3 times (I hope this last one sticks!), got divorced, and had all of the children move on to become productive adults. **Proud mamma**

I also suffered from a knee injury in 2019. I was benched from running, my passion, for a while. I hung up the sneakers.
    I've gained some (but not all) of the weight back.

Currently, I am 48 years old. I live in Georgia USA. Mother of 3. Grandmother of 3.
    I am the receiver for Tractor Supply Company.
    I have a small hobby farm with 10 cats, 5 dogs, 2 ferrets, 2 pigs, 3 goats, 8 grown turkeys, 13 turkey babies, 4 ducks, and more chickens than I even have a clue of the number.

I am so ready to get this journey started. I've dusted off the walking shoes... baby steps.

My goal is to get back to my goal weight, be fit enough to chase those grandbabies, and not be winded in the 2.5 hours it takes to feed the farm. By this time next year, I'd like to be talking about how I completed my first full marathon.

HAPPY JUNE!
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hi new members! Idebrak and cocopops8, you both sound like fascinating people and I can tell you are motivated to reach your goals.

My name is Rachel. I joined the team in January of this year when I reached my highest weight of 198 pounds. I’ve since lost almost 50 pounds and I’m thankful for the support this team has given me. My goal weight is 130 pounds, but if I don’t reach it, I’m fine with that. I came to the realization that being healthy and fit is more important than a number on the scale.

Here I sit on vacation in Gatlinburg TN, up at 7 am, having walked and eaten a healthy breakfast while the rest of my family sleeps in. I’m 39, married with two teenagers (one boy, one girl). I’m a high school teacher and I’ve been on an antidepressant since 2018. I used to be against meds, but I see and know the benefits now. I have a chemical imbalance with serotonin and the meds make me emotionally normal. Combined with exercise, I’m living my best life.

My goals are to stay healthy and fit by eating the right foods, exercising, and avoiding alcohol. (Alcohol is a downer for me. Since I know that I need to avoid it.) It’s a wonderful feeling to be able to walk up a steep hill or a long flight of steps or jog a mile and feel like it’s nothing and you could keep going if you wanted.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    step count week of 5/23
    Sun 7755
    Mon 8435
    Tues 7051
    Wed 6907
    Thurs 5186
    Fri 5934
    Sat 5974

Looks like I need to get more longer walks going!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    My name is Patsy. I have been here for a few years (not really counting) and have learned a lot from all the members. I joined with the intention of losing about 20 pounds and succeeded with the first 5 or so, then was diagnosed with liver cancer and advised to maintain for the duration of treatments. The first four months I was on chemo and I was hungry all the time. I ate more than ever before and my energy increased so I was always moving. I have managed to stay within 5 pounds of my starting weight and the doctors are happy with that. Yes, I am different than most people! Anyway, the chemo stabilized the cancer but no progress toward shrinking it. I started on Keytruda (you've probably seen the commercials on TV) at the end of July and the tumor has shrunk by ~90%~. I am so happy with that and hoping the next scan in June shows it gone. The end is in sight and I can get back to losing those 15 - 20 pounds.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    0teq1vbvgdco.png
    This week's challenge is up! Give something up for the week and feel amazing.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10834212/june-week-1-challenge-zero-for-a-week#latest

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    CW 122lbs
    Steps
    Sun - 2,678
    Mon -11,278
    Tue -22,075
    Wed - 20,460
    Thu -21,839
    Fri -20,143
    Sat - 14,225

• kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    June’s introduction:

Hello to all the newcomers! I’ve been here since September of 2020. I’m a single working mom of a 13 year old. After many years of doing what was easy and overeating I decided to do this for myself. I started at 268, size 22, in 2019 and I cut excess sugar. After I saw a picture of myself And I didn’t recognize myself, I realized how miserable I was. I was at 222 when I found this challenge. I plateaud in January and gained some back in March. I’m finally back on track and at 183. I’d like to get to 168 just so I can say that I’ve lost 100 pounds. That’s the ultimate goal. I’m comfortable where I am in a size 12 though and I’m probably not going to lose this next 15 quickly. But I’m going to stick it out. I’m working on protein intake staying below 1300 calories (most days) and I make sure I get 12000 steps a day. I let myself enjoy the holidays and eat whatever I want in moderation. And I have a quilty pleasure of a lazy day on the weekends sometimes. Which I did yesterday and am doing again today. I was looking through Facebook memories today and I wanted to do a comparison. These before pics were not even my heaviest. I was likely around 230. Looks don’t matter to me but I have to tell you I’m so much more comfortable in my own skin. And I have a lot more energy.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Steps for last week..

5/23 -2200
    5/24-6334
    5/25-2534
    5/26-5314
    5/27-3634
    5/28-3623
    5/29-2100

Fri/Sat are guestimates because I kept leaving my phone behind.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Steps..

Sun- 4,718
    Mon- 9,419
    Tues- 11,466
    Wed- 8,994
    Thurs- 10,556
    Fri- 18,935
    Sat- 8,416
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Welcome new team members. I'm Tracy, 49, from New Hampshire. I have 2 boys and 2 granddaughters. I have been fighting weight loss for years. I gain and loose the same few pounds over and over. I went to my dr and she said I need to see someone. I have had a busy 2 weeks with tests so now I have to call my insurance this week to see if they will cover a weight loss program. I had a crappy week with my steps. I love doing zumba and walking. I went to a concert on Friday night and saw a cover band for Elton john and I did ok with the alchohol intake I only had 4 beers the entire night and 2 slices of pizza. Yesterday we had a cookout and got my son a cake because his birthday is tomorrow so far I have not eaten all the leftovers. I also did really well at the cookout.
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Hi All! So glad to be a new member of this team. I’m Sandie, 38, and I live in Northern CA. I have one beast of a dog who loves morning walks and one cat who loves attention but doesn’t like to be touched 🤷‍♀️. I started my weight loss journey again this January with my wife and we have both been very successful so far. Looking to keep the motivation level up to make it to our goals.
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Twyla77
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 143.9lbs
    CW: 144 lbs
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    June Intro:

Hello, I'm Twyla. I've been a member of Team Weight No More in the past, and it was so wonderful and supportive, but I took a while off and now I'm back! Thank you for having me.

My highest weight ever was 150 lbs, and my lowest around 120 lbs. I am currently at 144 lbs and want to get back to around 130lbs, so I've got about 15 pounds to lose.

I'm 43 years old and live in Calgary, Canada with my pet rabbit Luke. I've been working from home for over a year now, (went back to the office for 2.5 months, but then got shut down again!) and I think we'll be heading back to the office soon, which I'm excited about. Working from home means I haven't been getting my daily walk to / from the office, which is about 45 minutes, plus my lunch walk with coworkers, and I just find it so hard to make the time to go outside when I'm working from home, which I know is awful. I did buy an exercise in January and it's fun to ride, but my motivation is a bit low and I guess that's how I've ended up almost back to my highest weight.

So - I'm back and ready to work hard to feel good about myself again! Can't wait to meet everyone on the team, and here's to a great month ahead!
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I love the before and after pictures Kandi. I’m proud of mine too. My son says was that really you. It was only five months ago.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Username: Antiopelle
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 160.7
    CW (Current Weight): 162.2

Hi everyone,

I already introduced myself in the May group chat, here's that posting as it makes more sense I think to have it here:
    A brief introduction: I'm 51 and I live in Belgium. I've been a yoyo-er ever since I left home to go to university. I gained a solid 15 kg (33 pounds) in just a few months. My highest weight was in my 30's which was 92kg. Ever since I've been going up and down, although since finding MFP I've hardly been over 78kg. I'm now approaching maintenance weight for the umpteenth time and determined to stay there for once and for all.
    I have a desk job, but I'm normally very active: scuba diving on my free days and biking to work on workdays. Alas, since Covid my only activity has been walking and a bit of cycling (the weather is still horrible here). The consequence is that I had to cut down on cals, and that is something I'm ... well ... not so good at.
    Looking forward to this challenge !! :smile:

Now about the weight: not to proud of that one today. Yesterday I woke up feeling tired and achy and on top of that I got some very stressful news. The combo of these three send me in a binge that I just couldn't control. But here I am, a confession made, a fresh start ahead for a new week without any alcohol.

• melaniedscott
    Options
    Antiopelle wrote: »
    Username: Antiopelle
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 160.7
    CW (Current Weight): 162.2
    Now about the weight: not to proud of that one today. Yesterday I woke up feeling tired and achy and on top of that I got some very stressful news. The combo of these three send me in a binge that I just couldn't control. But here I am, a confession made, a fresh start ahead for a new week without any alcohol.

Here is some good news: the likelihood you actually gained two pounds in one day is super low. You'd have to have eaten...7000 extra calories? I'm trying to visualize what a binge of that magnitude would look like. And I can't. Your body is probably just shaking itself out and I'd bet some of that binge had some extra salt....which can make the scales go up. Hydrate! Bet it drops in a day or two. Sorry to hear you got unwelcome news. And, if I didn't say it before...welcome to the team.
  • melaniedscott
    Options
    Hi All! So glad to be a new member of this team. I’m Sandie, 38, and I live in Northern CA. I have one beast of a dog who loves morning walks and one cat who loves attention but doesn’t like to be touched 🤷‍♀️. I started my weight loss journey again this January with my wife and we have both been very successful so far. Looking to keep the motivation level up to make it to our goals.

Welcome! Having a partner who is supportive is so helpful!
  • melaniedscott
    Options
    Good morning WNM! Welcome to June everyone!

I'm Melanie and I'm from Kansas. I’m the other team Co-captain. Truly, Ashley does most of the heavy lifting.

I was always was skinny (no, not thin, skinny, all knees and elbows). At 18, I weighed between 110 and 120 at 5"6'. Maybe. When I got married at 24…I weighed maybe 160. But I was a happier person. I've got none of the reasonable reasons for gaining...no kiddos, just the husband. I got out of school (no more climbing those KU hills all the time), started working more sedentary jobs, started eating more, snacking, until about 5 years ago August, when I found myself weighing in about 230 and my six sixteens were too small. I bought a couple pairs of 18 pants from the thrift store and joined MFP.

I lost 70 pounds in about a year and was pretty pleased. But I wanted another 20 off...and it didn't move. And things got a bit crazy with my husband's family (we won’t talk about that—it always leads to crazy-pants ranting)...so I decided to maintain for a bit and then come back. What came back was most of the weight. So...now I'm here and working on losing 70 pounds (the 50 I 'found' and the 20 I never lost). I joined WNM last summer. Had some success in the weight loss area and then vertigo hit and it's been rough.

My special snowflake challenges
    I'm fairly significantly asthmatic (on meds all the time), have terrible allergies and connective tissue issues (not enough collagen, too stretchy, lots of joint slippage...sublaxations are BAD). In August, I acquired some vertigo problems (or, maybe they just got worse)... I switched ENT’s and he thinks I have labrynthitis. No severe vertigo since March but lots of less severe dizzy spells. I can handle those. I try not to be too optimistic—optimism just makes what happens next that much worse. The point behind saying this is not woe-is-me, it is that a lot of exercise people promote is bad, and sometimes dangerous, for me.

So...mostly, I walk. I do a bit of yoga now and then (though it isn't recommended with the connective tissue thing...but feels good. Love up and down dog...) and have pilates vids I do sometimes. I should do these more and strength training (can be good for connective tissue issues) but I'm still not there yet. A few times a year, I go all out at gardening (it is that time of the year, if only it would stop raining...I keep thinking I will do some YouTube LesMills BodyFlow videos…I like those a lot. But haven’t done it. Still thinking about it…

My 2021 Goal
    My 2020 goal was Wonderland…but that was before the asthma insanity of the end of November and three rounds of Prednisone (third one still active). Did NOT Happen. I’m there ish now. So…WOOT! I was 199 a week ago but weight fluctuations put me a bit higher than that right now. It will come off.
    I have a closet full of size 10's that I want to wear.
    Back to Wedding Weight before the end of the year. Maybe lower...

Daily goals:
    Walk at least 30 minutes a day or do an exercise video. (Weekends are either really good for exercise or really bad...)
    Get back to doing core exercises every day. (MUST START THIS MONTH!)
    80 oz of water or non-alcoholic liquid a day, mostly water. (I don't drink much in the way of alcohol generally, but just clarifying...long, ugly family history of substance abuse makes me very cautious)
    Cut down on sugar and junk food (reducing sugar is generally helping, I turn into the munch monster when I eat candy...see: cookie monster's blond sister...)
This discussion has been closed.