Under the weather help

slowerbutqwik
slowerbutqwik Posts: 120 Member
Happy June,
I started June in bed because I was pretty sick, but still finding I need to keep my strength up. What do you all do to help you get through your sick days?

Replies

• spangadora
    spangadora Posts: 89 Member
    Ack! Sorry to hear you've been feeling bad.
    So when I have a sick day/bad pain day, I tend to shut down...

I am often a real "push through the pain" person but somedays I just can't.

You have to take care of you. If you're sick you're sick so you need to rest. Take time. Do a bit less than usual. That's more how I do. Like I might put off the heavier housework and just do essential things between good breaks.

Make sure you water and food intake are kept up as best you can as well. (I'm sure you know that of course)

But mostly you have to let yourself be sick for a bit and rest. Then you will get better and get back to it.

Hope you're doing better already!
  • slowerbutqwik
    slowerbutqwik Posts: 120 Member
    spangadora wrote: »
    Ack! Sorry to hear you've been feeling bad.
    So when I have a sick day/bad pain day, I tend to shut down...

I am often a real "push through the pain" person but somedays I just can't.

You have to take care of you. If you're sick you're sick so you need to rest. Take time. Do a bit less than usual. That's more how I do. Like I might put off the heavier housework and just do essential things between good breaks.

Make sure you water and food intake are kept up as best you can as well. (I'm sure you know that of course)

But mostly you have to let yourself be sick for a bit and rest. Then you will get better and get back to it.

Hope you're doing better already!

Thank you so much. I did have a hard time getting food and water. I dint even kniw how to do tgat when all I do is sleep 😴😭😭
  • trishalong84
    trishalong84 Posts: 27 Member
    I try to rest and increase my water, easier said than done! Feel better :)