June goals!

Options
tmbg1
tmbg1 Posts: 1,282 Member
Well, I figured I'd start this thread. What do you want to accomplish in June? I have maintained for the last several months, which is ok. I'd like to get the final 15 off this summer. Also I want to incorporate some more hiit videos in my workout routine.

Replies

• janet41283
    janet41283 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    It has been very hot and my walks are torture. I don't like walking in the heat! I am pushing myself to do as much as possible, even doing lots of walk indoors. I also need to be mindful of eating out and socializing. Since we didn't do much of that for over 14 months, we are getting out more now. That means food everywhere.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I would love to be back in the 180's by the end of June.

I re joined my gym last week. Strength training 4 days a week and continuing my morning walks at 7am with my friend a few days a week. I've gone from 5k steps a day to 10k!!

I will continue to log my food.. I just started that again a few days ago.

I am going on a hiking trip in September and I need to get my boots on and tackle the only hill in my neighborhood - I live in Chicago where it is flat! I'd like to start doing that this week, but it's hot!
  • carolina_girl_69
    carolina_girl_69 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 4-5 lbs this month. (Ok, honestly, I'd like to lose 10, but 4-5 seems more reasonable) :D
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    As far as exercise, I plan to keep doing what I'm doing. I walk three times a week with friends, I take my dogs for a hike every day, I kayak, do some yoga, and do some strength training. I just re-started C25K and am on week 3. So Yeh, exercise is good and I've even had a couple of days this month with over 23,000 steps.

But the food is a constant battle. Always. And I feel like I sabatage my attempts whenever I am at or near my goal. I was within 5 pounds of my goal a couple of weeks ago and it seems like all I've done since is fight with myself about food choices. So my goal for June is to get past that and just focus on eating good food in moderation. How hard can it be? 🙃 LOL
  • deanjanie
    deanjanie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'd like to drop 7-10 lbs this month with exercise and MFP without injury. I am doing circuit weight training, elliptical, and some bleacher running. Fingers crossed.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    I'm not goals-ish, but my plans are:

* to continue a regular walk (around 5 miles, 3 days/week) that I'd started earlier in the Spring, despite it getting unpleasantly warm/humid here. Instead of doing it from home, I'm walking on a shadier trail on the other side of town that's close to the park where we row M-W-F-Sa, so it ends up mid-day (say 11-12:30) rather than later. (No walk on Saturdays).

* do the regular rowing (which is a joy not a chore), plus during June help with my club's learn-to-row program (some additional rowing, but also carrying boats, being coxswain or dockmaster, etc.) on Tu-Th evenings, maybe with open rowing (basically supervised/assisted sessions for newer rowers) on M-W evenings sometimes.

* try to keep up strength training 3 day/week. (This is a struggle; I dislike lifting, though I like being strong. Yes, that's not rational.)

* keep my weight reasonably stable (around 125lbs at 5'5").

I was going to have eye surgery (pars plana vitrectomy) in June, but it got cancelled by doctor, to be rescheduled. Don't know if it'll be this month or not, but have to take at least a week off from any intense activity afterward, which is a major drag in my world, especially during on-water rowing season. Also scheduled to start pelvic floor PT. Jeesh. Sometimes having an aging body seems like driving an older car: Lots of little things needing minor repairs pretty often. 🤷‍♀️
  • larajf
    larajf Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Lose five pounds through better/smarter eating and increased activity. I am trying to get back to doing a Leslie Sansone video for at least 25-30 minutes 5 mornings a week, and want to add in walking on my mini trampoline for 15 minutes after eating. And I want to add in more weights, but trying to do this so slowly that my brain doesn't realize it.
  • WThyme
    WThyme Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    June goal:
    Log food and record weekly weigh-ins.
    Get moved into new apartment June 30th.
    Monday, June 14: 187
  • WThyme
    WThyme Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    June goal:
    Log food 6 of 7 days each week: I logged 5 of 7 days this past week.
    Record weekly weigh-in: done
    Get moved into new apartment June 30th: On target with prepping for move.

Monday, June 14: 187
    Monday, June 21: 184