June 9 - 15

Lastchancelj
Lastchancelj Posts: 1,340 Member
AVG 232.5

Up a wee bit...but I did have a biz dinner last night which included too many chips, guacamole, tacos and a Who's Your Daddy margarita. It wasn't a large margarita, it was made with jalapeno infused tequila and was quite tasty...along with spicy sausages a few nights this past week. I can feel the sodium. On a positive note - I did get on the TM on Monday eve and completed one of the FitLife challenges...the music was fun and I ended up completing a 5k. Tonight I'm supposed to do the Summer Shanty challenge...so who knows what I will accomplish in 45 mins of music (now that I am aware that the music doesn't stop after completing their playlist...it just picks more music in the same genre).

Replies

• GaGasheesh
    GaGasheesh Posts: 1,127 Member
    LW: 132.6
    TW: 131.6

Yay! One full pound gone.

Lois, 3.1 miles is a great workout! Good job. Good music motivates me too, and makes exercise fun. Enjoy the Summer Shanty tonight, whatever that is, LOL! What is it?

Had my trainer today instead of tomorrow because she's leaving tomorrow on vacation for a week, then I'll have one or two more sessions before we leave on June 24 and don't get back until July 2. Wish me luck staying on track. We're flying to see our kids in OR and then from there to CA to see them. It's been so long since we took a flight anywhere, and in the meantime the entire Salt Lake airport has been rebuilt! We'll have to allow plenty of time to navigate a much bigger airport. We'll be wearing masks for sure.

Well, I had 2 playdates today, and tonight is family zoom, so I'm off to get some dinner. I'm going to try to post another photo from our daughter's and SIIL's wedding. Can't wait to read your posts.

he3iwzaeb93f.png

• SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,971 Member
    LW: 131.6
    TW: 132.2

Arghhh. Going in the wrong direction and I know I have to watch it. I did something to my lower back last week, which I suspect is the result of swinging a pick axe to break up the soil in the big flowerbeds that border our patio. And I was so proud of myself for being able to do that and not having to ask poor hubby, whose neck is bothering him again, to do that for me. Well, pride goeth before a fall! As a result, I've not been walking much. My activity has been what I've gotten trying to get the yard ready for summer and the house ready for a guest. And my friend arrived earlier than expected yesterday, so although I weighed yesterday morning, I didn't get here to log.

I am really going to have to watch intake today. Sue is almost 6 feet tall and she's fairly large boned, so she can easily eat twice what I do with no problem. And between her and hubby. . . So I'm really worried about weigh-in day next week!

Sheesh, congrats on that pound. That is so very hard to do. And I love the photo of the bride and groom. :smile: Be sure to share another where we can see more of you in that lovely dress that we remember from when you shared a pic of it hanging from the door when you first bought it.

Lois, wow! Doing a 5K is great. And isn't it always the luck that weigh-in day is the day after you eat something out of the ordinary that is high in sodium. And for me, sugar will move the scale up temporarily, too. We have to plan some ways to keep each other going.

Kelly, looking forward to hearing from you soon. I don't want to be at my desk too much, as that seems rude, but I do hope to find some time to check in again soon. Hubby and my friend are at the car wash now. She borrowed a car from her stepson to drive down here from Hershey, PA, and to say that he's not into car upkeep is an understatement. She did not even want to drive the two hours back to catch her plane without getting the inside cleaned. She's not a clean freak at all, so you can imagine. It's a Lexus, but this young man treats it like a truck!
  • GaGasheesh
    Sarah, glad to see you had time to post. Less than a pound up is manageable, but I know it's challenging when entertaining a guest and with a hubby who never gains weight, lol. Hang in there, and have fun with your friend.

I've been a slacker with my yard this year, and the gardens show it. The spring was wet and cool, and now suddenly it's hot as heck and dry. Also, having the work at the cabin getting it open and the property cleaned up was a lot. Now, I feel like I don't dare exert too much in this yard. . I know my back will pay with all the kneeling and bending over. I'm thinking about hiring someone to come do the weeding and edging this year. I'm particularly tired this week. I ran DIL's 5K last Friday, had the shingrix shot, then trainer Monday, then golf Tuesday, then trainer Wednesday, playdates and family zoom. I'm tired today, lol. It's a bit cooler here today, so I may just go for a leisurely walk outside. Hubby is playing golf with his group.

By the way, I forgot to tell you that daughter and I decided to leave my sequined, and fancy dress on the hanger for the wedding. Because it was very downsized and changed to an early afternoon ceremony, I got another dress that was less formal in her pink color. It worked out perfectly also because his parents wore more dressed down clothing, and we all went to a local restaurant for an early dinner after some minimal dancing, light snacks, champagne, and cake cutting. The bride and groom were on their way by 7 p.m. So, I have a fancy evening dress in my closet and nowhere to go, ha ha! Maybe hubby and I will go somewhere fancy to celebrate the end of Covid someday soon, fingers crossed.

Hope you're all having a great week, and keeping your self care goals near the tops of your lists.
  • Lastchancelj
    OH my goodness. I just wrote a long post on my phone and hit DONE before post. UGH!!!

Sheesh - your daughter and SIL's picture is GORGEOUS. They both look so happy!! And I see you up front...can't wait to see a full pic of you in that dress. And I didn't think that looked like the original dress you showed us. Anyhow, so much happiness that day for your family.

Sarah - what in tarnation were you doing swinging a pick axe?? Friends/company or not, nope...I'm not gonna do that!! I'm younger than you and I will hire people or leave it dirt. And my flower beds, thank goodness are built up in our retaining wall, so I can sit on the wall and lean while planting and handle the hanging baskets.

Sheesh - Runthedge.com is the running group I joined many years ago where each year we try to walk/run the year (ie 2021 miles this year). We did a group in 2015 and we made it, and I've continued on solo each year. I don't make it but I do attempt to exceed the previous year's mileage and go as far as I can. I love the interaction on the FB page as well. Last year when all of the races got cancelled they created the Uncancelled Project and provided bibs for various weekly/monthly runs in all distances (5k, 10k, 1/2, full marathon and ultras). I usually stuck with the 5k with an occasional 10k on a weekends with my friend. Anyhow, the uncancelled people asked the company to come up with a similar challenge this year and now they have the fitlife project. Each month they put out a series of challenges and they have a few to choose from. One of them is the Face the Music (jazz, sea chanty and summer jams). So far I've done the summer jams and see shanty play lists. They're 44 mins long and the goal is to go AT LEAST 1.5 miles in that 45mins... Well the playlists have been fun and I've been successful at getting in 3.1m with each attempt so far. This month they 5k (or more) etc is labeled Inception and they also have another monotonous mile and some other stuff. They charged $50 for the year and will remain at $50 for each year.... It's been fun so far. If you gals ever want to coordinate a time to walk a 5k or something, let me know. I let one of my gf know when I want to do one. We will text or chat while doing it together (she's in OK now, so we are doing a 5k Sat am at 7 AZ time. We get silly sending pics of flowers or wildlife etc. on the TM we usually send some sort of gif etc when we need to breathe. I was really struggling to finish to 3.1 last night and she kept sending me texts and gifs to keep me going that last .25 miles. Sarah - you're usually on your TM late at night...I'm off by 8...usually getting on about 530pm - which is 830p your time. We can connect if you're interested. This and the Peloton app really get me to move faster/harder on the TM than if I'm just watching my recorded shows.

Here's a sampling of the playlist
    f894o258dxzw.png
  • wiredkell
    wiredkell Posts: 689 Member
    LW: 162
    TW: 160.4

Woot Woot!!! Just a quick weigh in post. I'm at the office today so I'll read your posts and post a longer post tomorrow morning :)
  • GaGasheesh
    Lois, that play list is fun. My son sent me a YouTube of the Sea Shanty song rage that was happening online (TicTok and such) . . . really catchy and fun. Your running group is great! I remember when we did that challenge running the year in miles . . I struggled, lol, but got it done. I remember I had to do 8 miles a day toward the end. Ugh. My DIL has periodic races and talks me into them, but generally, I hate running, haha. It sure does get the weight off though.

Kelly . woot woot INDEED!! 1.6 pounds . . you're awesome. When you post again, please share how you're getting it done.

• Lastchancelj
    Kelly!!! Woot woot!!! You go girl!! So excited for you keep on keepin on whatever had your groove right now!!!

Sheesh - to be clear - I’m a fast walker. I don’t run. I haven’t figured out how to do that on the Tm. And on the trail I would have to slow down so much after that I had better time when I would just walk my quick pace. And other than when we did it as a group I have not even come close to finishing the year. But I find the group supporting and humorous when I’m feeling down.

Sarah. Enjoy the time with your friends.

• wiredkell
    Howdy!

It's been a busy morning at work and I've barely left my desk. Ah well, it's Friday. It was busy yesterday in the office, as I had a new staff member start in our department and I had to do her orientation and some training. Today I'm at home, but I'm catching up from my regular work that I couldn't do yesterday.

Sheesh - Great job on the 1 lb loss! Sounds like you have been keeping super active, which I'm sure is contributing to it. I agree with what you said about how working out helps, but when you really notice a difference is when you focus on what you're actually eating. I haven't done a ton of activity lately, but I have been eating a lot smaller portions and paying attention to what I'm eating. I'm not eating starches these days, so I think that's helping. More vegetables, meats, and no sugar. Wow.. flying! Super exciting that someone gets to experience that again as it feels like it's been so long. I'm sure you'll have a great trip! That wedding picture is beautiful. Everyone in it looks SOO happy! I can see you sitting at the front and you look great... even though it's hard to see you lol

Lois - Those FitLife Challenges are exactly what you needed I'm sure. It sounds like you found your motivation there and I'm glad you have a friend to help text while you're on the TM. I've never been a huge fan of Margaritas, but maybe it's how they've been made for me in the past. I'm a beer drinker.. maybe that's why.

Sarah - Don't fret about the 1lb increase. I fluctuate so badly from one day to the next and there are soo many factors that contribute to it. Heck, if I drink a glass of water before bed I even notice that I gain the next morning sometimes. Hopefully you're having a great visit with Sue. I remembered her name without looking as that's the name of the new staff member that I trained yesterday.

So restrictions lifted a little bit here starting tomorrow. We can have up to 5 extra people at our house, but only outside and they can only be from 2 different households. On public property, it's 5 people that can be together, with no household restrictions. So in saying that, my parents are coming for coffee in the morning on our deck. It'll be soo nice to see them! Dad is fully vaccinated now and Mom has her 2nd dose appointment booked for next week. Shawn and I are still waiting to be eligible for our 2nd dose, as they're only up to people who received their 1st dose as of May 6 and we got ours May 15. Our Son got his 1st dose yesterday and hasn't had any complaints of side effects. I think our daughter is jealous that he got his, but she's not eligible until next year as she doesn't turn 12 until December. Their Mom also just got her 2nd dose yesterday, so we're getting there! They announced the vague reopening plans for our province and it's all tied to vaccine percentages. As of 2 days ago, 70% of people over 18 in our province had their 1st shot and 67% between 12-18 has theirs. So the reopening plan is tied to important Summer dates:

Canada Day - 70/25
    70%+ of all Manitobans age 12 and above have received their 1st vaccination dose;
    and 25%+ have received their 2nd vaccination dose.
    August Long - 75/50
    75%+ of all Manitobans age 12 and above have received their 1st vaccination dose;
    and 50%+ have received their 2nd vaccination dose.
    Labour Day - 80/75
    80%+ of all Manitobans age 12 and above have received their 1st vaccination dose;
    and 75%+ have received their 2nd vaccination dose.

I think that's achievable, as long as they speed up the process of actually being able to get our 2nd doses.

Ok.. more work to be done and I have to chug some water since I haven't had much today!
    Have a great day and weekend!
  • SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,971 Member
    OMG. I am going to be the size of a house soon. As I mentioned, my friend is 6 feet tall almost and is one who can eat a lot more than I can without being overweight. So there's food more often and of different kinds. Tomorrow we are meeting a mutual friend who moved a few towns over (Columbia, MD) for lunch at a PF Changs there. I suspect that like most chain restaurants, it will not be the least caloric or low fat food you'll ever see. And it's pouring rain today, so about all we could do was hit a movie, so I'm sitting way, way more than usual. The movie (In the Heights) was really good by the way. And you'd be proud of me. Sue had a popcorn, but I stuck with just a diet Pepsi.

Well, just taking a quick break from being a hostess, but need to get back downstairs. Sue is leaving a day earlier than we thought (on Sunday and instead of Monday), so she can see another of her stepchildren (grown kids of her ex-husband) before she departs. I've loved seeing her, but it will be nice to get back to my normal routine.

Kelly, I third the woots! You are doing great. I am still terrified that I'll be up to 135 next week. I haven't eaten this poorly and moved this little in a long time. Thank goodness, this is once every 3 years thing.
  • Lastchancelj
    Sarah - you crack me up!!! It sounds like you had a great visit with your friend!

Kelly I'm so glad you can start having people over. And like you, our son and us are one pod like you and the kids' mom - otherwise I don't know how I would have survived.

So I scheduled myself to do a 5k on Sat am...and that totally didn't happen. I failed to remember that Rhea, son, DIL and Audrey were coming over to swim and celebrate hubby's bday. So I popped up and put the ribs in the IP and went back upstairs to do my 5k, but then got sidetracked with other stuff to be done (like try on new bathing suits to wear since last years model is several years old and has NO elasticity in the legs or anywhere else that matters). I ordered 4 from Amazon and hubby picked one. The others will go back and I'll order a 2nd of the same one hubby picked (I always need a spare). Made the usual ribs, burgers, spicy sausage and I was still cooking when everyone arrived. We ordered cheesecakes from the factory. Rhea was hysterical when it came time for cheesecake. She doesn't get her own but she's come to recognize the container and LOVES cheesecake - especially Papa's (original that we smothered in fresh blueberries since they've discontinued the blueberry cheesecake a gazillion years ago). Anyhow we had mom's cheesecake in her usual seat next to hubby (with fresh bananas). Well Rhea, instead of her seat between Mama and Dada, took Mom's chair and was holding mom's container as if it was for Rhea. We told her Lola was coming (mom) and she needed to sit in her chair - so Rhea slid and pushed the cheesecake across the table to her spot on the other side). Well, we of course moved it and hid it as she moved to her seat. She barely made it on to the seat looked around for it as soon as she saw it wasn't there - got back down and back to the seat next to Papa. Anyway, we FT with my daughter (they had doughnuts in Okinawa) and we sang happy bday. Well Rhea had her fork in her hand and as soon as we sang and Papa took a bite of his cheesecake, in went her fork for some BIG BIG bites. I think she ate half of his cheesecake. Oh we even tried to get her to eat a mini drumstick ice cream cone and she declined for the cheesecake. We tried to give her bites of ours and she had no interest in ours either - only Papa's. Her and her papa and their blueberries. She's a funny little girl. Anyway, I ate about 1/2 of mine and hubby and I split my other half yesterday.

At naptime I attempted to walk Rhea (it was 105)!! I had a fan on her and an umbrella covering her (ordering another umbrella for me since she doesn't want a blanket on her legs or touching her - who could blame her with this heat). Unfortunately, the kids didn't arrive until 11ish and two hours is not enough time to wear her out and get over the excitement of being at Grammy and Papas (plus she rested 45 mins on the drive over). I walked for .7 miles before I threw in the towel and brought her in. We were totally unsuccessful at getting her down for a nap and I was dying from the heat. It took me well over an hour to feel somewhat normal. I had ice water with me on the walk and when I returned, but that AZ sun is HOT HOT HOT. We did get Rhea into the pool on Saturday. Dada just carried her from the house and straight into the pool without stopping for her to realize what was happening. Then she started to play. She came to me after I got in and I carried her most of the time. We "swam" and blew bubbles...and yes, she sucked down some water in the process but she was learning. Oh am I feeling the soreness yesterday and today. Shoulders and pecs. I need to incorporate more weight training into my routine. I went out and swam some laps yesterday to loosen up the upper body. I wish I had time this morning to jump in.
  • wiredkell
    Sarah - sounds like you had a good visit, but I agree.. while it's nice having company or being the company, it's nice to get back to normal routine life too. Hopefully you had a somewhat relaxing day yesterday, since Sue left Sunday.

Lois - Sounds like you've been quite busy. So nice to see family. Super adorable about the cheesecake and Rhea. <3

The weekend here was good too. Saturday morning my parents came for coffee on the deck, which was so nice, then Saturday afternoon the kids played around in the pool for a bit. Saturday evening the kids' Mom came over with her pup and we invited 1 other family over to have a fire in our backyard. So great to see them as it's been almost a year! Of course, we had a few drinks. Shawn took a vacation day on Sunday, which was great cause we rarely get days off together alone anymore. We relaxed in the morning and watched a tv movie, then took the dogs for a walk. Then we decided to get adventurous and start building out shed that we bought. It's just a small one but requires instruction following and such. We make a good team. So while he went and bought supplies for the base, I cut the grass. We started building the shed around 4pm and finished at 7pm. There was a break in there, so not too bad. The shed isn't exactly what we wanted, but it'll work. The idea was to have somewhere to put our outdoor furniture cushions for when it's raining or we're away, plus we wanted it to help give some privacy from the neighbours. We may have to look at adding some privacy fencing/screen to the top of our fence in a couple sections. After we were done, we had a great steak dinner with mushrooms, asparagus with feta and Shawn had some mini potatoes. All in all a great day :)
  • Lastchancelj
    Kelly yay for coffee with your parents and friend visits. So important. Dinner sounds yummy. Congrats on getting the shed up fairly quickly. Years ago We bought some deck bins for our furniture cushions and then opted to go the furniture cover way. So pretty much in summer, when the sun is blazing, all of the furniture in the back area is under covers. Ours is more the sun damaging the cushions and furniture.

Last night I had scheduled to complete a 5k on the TM. I couldn’t. I gave it a great effort. My legs were dead. First I was just listening to the face the music series again. And when I first threw in the towel I then turned on the peloton app. Even Matty couldn’t get me engaged. I think I overdid my legs in the pool sat and sun. I pushed for over 40 mins. Today I go in the office and then meet my gf for dinner and a visit. Will do the Tm thing again tomorrow. Today my legs are resting