Info - Sparkpeople -Tracking Unique Exercises or Exercise vids

Options
ItsTime2BMe
ItsTime2BMe Posts: 163 Member
edited June 2021 in Social Groups
This (mostly) only applies to those who are coming here from Sparkpeople

I do Chair Marching and I have several Spark videos (Bootcamp) that I do that are not trackable on MFP - I'm using Sparks exercise calculator to figure out (and save) how many calories I burn at different body weights (ie I'm 220 now but what about when I'm 190 or if I regain to 240?) so I can enter them into MFP as explained in this article

The list of exercises is here

Chair marching is listed here

Replies

• grallen904
    grallen904 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My question is Spark has a list of foods. I'd like to create my own list here but can't figure it out. I've been able to create meals but want my own list. I know this doesn't answer your question, sorry. The chair marching sounds interesting. That could be something I can do in the camper.
  • ItsTime2BMe
    ItsTime2BMe Posts: 163 Member
    Options
  • grallen904
    grallen904 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yep, looks like I'll have to upgrade to get the list. At this time I'll live with the way it is, don't have it in the budget to do premium. Thanks for the links.
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    It does seem to keep all of your recent foods. I usually just go down that list and click what I want to add to the day. I haven't had an issue. I know that I will not be going premium. I will make this work for me. I do like that in typing in my foods, that exact brands are more likely available here than on sparkpeople, and that the portions are separated a bit better. I have been using this tracker exclusively in order to be comfortable with it. I think I will do a bit more tweaking with the nutrients, but it is pretty easy to work with.
  • bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I've saved some meals already and love the ease of editing and yep...the name brands thing is a plus for me too. I shop HEB and Wal-Mart and very rarely I'll mosey into Market Street. I do love their Krab Salad!
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    If you put in a food it will show up under My Foods. I put in my bread and that is the only thing there so far. I think that looks to be the only way, other than premium, to get your food list. I eat a lot of the same stuff day after day, so the list they give me with each meal has been more than sufficient for me, and searching for a food has been very easy as well - even my off-brand of protein powder (KOS) was on there!
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,447 Member
    Options
    For the list of foods, for each meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner) that you log the next day when you go to that meal it will show what you have in the past eaten for the meal. For instance for breakfast my normal breakfast is 2 hard boiled eggs and different fruit - so tomorrow when I log in for breakfast it will show the eggs and all fruit that I have eaten for breakfast so then I just need to click the amount. Does the same for each meal. And then say you have 3 different dinners that you eat often you can add it to meals - for instance I have chicken, potato and asparagus one night for dinner it will show up for the day and then I can click on make it go to the add a meal' giving it a name -I have a number of different combinations now set up which is making it so much easier to just click on the given meal rather than daily having to research or click onto the different foods listed for the day - just need to click on the meal. Hope that helps