Looking for Buddies Who are 300+ lbs!

Options
denisemlarnder
denisemlarnder Posts: 14 Member
Hi, I'm Denise! I'm 28 years old and I'm 5'5" and last week I was 350 lbs. I have a LONG way to go and am looking for weight loss buddies who are in a similar weight range (300+ lbs). Let's help each other! :)

Replies

• eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Hi @denisemlarnder!

Welcome! Feel free to jump in anywhere, we are a pretty friendly bunch! You'll find quite a few people who started over 300 lbs (many of whom have successfully dropped quit a bit of weight so far). There is a lot of great advice, experiences, and encouragement to be found. No fad diets or crazy-low calorie deficits here. Sustainable changes are what we're all about. It is absolutely doable, and you're in the right place!

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Denise! I'm 28 years old and I'm 5'5" and last week I was 350 lbs. I have a LONG way to go and am looking for weight loss buddies who are in a similar weight range (300+ lbs). Let's help each other! :)

So happy to see you here and happy to be your friend on this journey….welcome!….please jump into any conversation….we never judge or shame….only guide and support…..so many great people here….do go thru the old posts…there is SO much helpful information and a lot of stuff about our members….

You can do this!
  • pahky
    pahky Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Denise! We are both at a very similar starting point. This morning I was 349.5. As for age and height, I'm 32 and 5'9". It is going to be a very long journey but we know it's worth it.
  • DonnaJones7
    DonnaJones7 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi Denise! I'm Donna and I'm starting at 333lbs. Phew. It can be a little overwhelming.
    I'm going to do it. I need to have patience.
    Would LOVE support, advice, and accountability.

Thanks!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Welcome to Larger Losers new members!….you have come to the right place to lose weight!….please comment on any posts….there is a lot of great information in our older and also our new posts…we are a vert supportive and motivated group….everyone is at different points in their journeys….some are starting and some have lost a lot of weight and some are in maintenance….once again, welcome!
  • tiffany80802017
    tiffany80802017 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi Denise and Pahky! I’m in a similar boat (mid 5ft, 300+), and I’m starting back up again after the pandemic. Was doing good before the pandemic, but gained so much weight and stopped exercising and over 300 again. Would love some new friends going through the similar struggles of trying to lose weight/get healthy.
  • glassgirlw2018
    glassgirlw2018 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I started may 31st at 341.2 lbs. scary to say. Today I weighed in at 331. So, so far to go - but really determined to make this lifestyle change stick this time around.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Hi Denise and everyone! I’ve been at this a few years, started at 330 pounds in 2015 and hit that number a few times before I figured out the major habits I need to work for me. I’m new to this particular group but have been using MFP since 2015, except a hiatus from mid 2020-April 2021. Feel free to send me a friend request if you want.

I’ve had a weight loss and regain between 330-280-325, then a high weight maintenance (intentionally) at 325, then a gradual loss to 285-290 over a year and maintenance for about 6 months. Over 2020 I was gradually losing again. One of my docs wanted me to lose faster, so I’ve been working with a medical weight loss clinic, and since this spring I’m down to 260 so far.

My path has been far from linear. I still think of myself as a “330 pound woman.” I have a maintenance mindset, with breaks of weightloss in between. I have a few medical issues that pop up and throw curveballs, so I’ve figured out how to manage my weight in the setting of those. Lots of tips and tricks to make MFP easier and more streamline to use day to day, too. Happy to help out and share as I can
  • alpdexplorer
    alpdexplorer Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Courtney. I am around 345 lbs. Started at 370 in April. I still have a lot of weight to lose, but am determined! WE GOT THIS.
  • astory7132
    astory7132 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Courtney. I am around 345 lbs. Started at 370 in April. I still have a lot of weight to lose, but am determined! WE GOT THIS.

Great job! Keep at it!
  • Maverick6714
    Maverick6714 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Everyone on MFP is supportive and a great group. I myself started at 371 pounds in March and am at 316 pounds now. Anytime, I have starting to struggle or needed a little support, I have turned to the boards and people have helped tremendous. Good Luck and if you need any support, we are all in this together!!
  • itsbritneybetch91
    itsbritneybetch91 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi All, how is everyone doing? How was July? Ready for August to crush our goals?

The month of July was good for me. I worked my butt off (literally and figuratively). I lost 14lbs. I now sit at 268lbs. I am hoping to lose 8-10 lbs for August. Would love to hear how everyone else is doing.
  • glassgirlw2018
    glassgirlw2018 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey all! First week of August done, and down to 310.2 as of this morning. I broke that 30 lb lost mark! Woot! Gotta keep it up this month! Getting super close to the 200's :) Hope you all are doing well!

Britney - nice work!!! Keep it going!
  • Mz_K_Newman
    Mz_K_Newman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I’m new, well back to MFP again! But I’m new to the group! I’m 45, 5/8, 391.5 as of this morning. I lost focus in my journey last yr after losing an uncle and my BFF to covid. I had lost 16lbs and gained it all back. Now I’m sitting in my Dr office waiting to go in and go over labs and plan of attack. I can’t continue this pain this heaviness this depression like state of mind. I have stairs under my calories since starting on last Friday. I just need that motivation. I have an amazing husband that supports me and a college student who’s doing well and going into her freshman yr. I’m still young and need to get this together! My motivation to exercise is poor but I have learned to watch what I put in my mouth. I’m here for the support connection and advise! Let’s go!!!!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I’m new, well back to MFP again! But I’m new to the group! I’m 45, 5/8, 391.5 as of this morning. I lost focus in my journey last yr after losing an uncle and my BFF to covid. I had lost 16lbs and gained it all back. Now I’m sitting in my Dr office waiting to go in and go over labs and plan of attack. I can’t continue this pain this heaviness this depression like state of mind. I have stairs under my calories since starting on last Friday. I just need that motivation. I have an amazing husband that supports me and a college student who’s doing well and going into her freshman yr. I’m still young and need to get this together! My motivation to exercise is poor but I have learned to watch what I put in my mouth. I’m here for the support connection and advise! Let’s go!!!!

Welcome to Larger Losers….I started MFP at 350 lbs and now weigh 240 lbs….this is a very supportive and motivated group…please join in all of the conversations and go thru some of the older posts….lots of great information!..you are smart to lose weight before you need new knees, hips, etc….it is not necessary to exercise to lose weight….I did minimal activity the entire first year….it is weird how excess sugar and depression go together….I hope you have a wonderful success story!
  • Goodgollygee
    Goodgollygee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi. I was 312 at Easter and joined MFP early June at 307. I'm at 294 this week and I gotta say it feels so good to be under the 300 mark. I'm 5'4". I never want to see the 300 number on my scale again!!

Connie, you are a great inspiration! Keep up the great work!! You are doing it!!