Welcome! Nice to meet you

Options

Replies

• JPismefromSP
    JPismefromSP Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    trishd25 wrote: »
    I am sad to see Spark go as well. Was off and on since 2007. I made a Spark America account, but as of yet, I don't like it very well. Another SP member mentioned this site, so here I am. :)

Hello, you wrote my story. Same year and everything.
  • JPismefromSP
    JPismefromSP Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Please introduce yourself here...

Hello, on SP I was JPisme (formerly Peanutsmom96). I found SP in 2007. It was the community and friends that kept me coming back. I'm super happy that we want to keep the support and fun going.
  • Moonbear7
    Moonbear7 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I joined SparkPeople in January of 2017. I lost around 50 pounds, but sadly I have started gaining it back. I weighed myself this morning and was horrified to see how heavy I actually am, so I'm getting back on the wagon!! I miss SparkPeople, I miss the community feed, I miss gaining Spark points... but I guess it's gone and all that's left to do about it is adapt to something new!
  • Hemtech
    Hemtech Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am Joan from Ottawa Canada , Hemtech on spark people and here.
  • pages66
    pages66 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Glyn Stultz for South Texas. I have been a sparker forever it seems. I was on the 5% challenges as a teddy bears for years. I am glad to be finding people on myfitnesspal.
  • HerbsandMore
    HerbsandMore Posts: 2,350 Member
    Options
    Hemtech wrote: »

Well, it is nice to know not only another person from Ontario but 1 just a 40 min drive from me. I'm not sure why I find it so nice I love meeting people from all over the world. I guess it's something like going away on holidays & coming home, it's comfortable. While you live in the city I live in the country & really the only time I go to Ottawa is usually to the hospital with DH, it is still so nice to have you here.
  • Hemtech
    Options
    Hemtech wrote: »

Well, it is nice to know not only another person from Ontario but 1 just a 40 min drive from me. I'm not sure why I find it so nice I love meeting people from all over the world. I guess it's something like going away on holidays & coming home, it's comfortable. While you live in the city I live in the country & really the only time I go to Ottawa is usually to the hospital with DH, it is still so nice to have you here.

Thanks! It really is a small world
  • IMGLAMRUS2
    IMGLAMRUS2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello I am Angela- IMGLAMRUS from SP, I just added a 2. I live in Central Pennsylvania. I am married with two adult children and I am Nana to two beautiful grandchildren. We also have two cat fur babies. I've been a cosmetologist for almost 35 years and have my own salon that is attached to our house.

I've been struggling to get back into exercising for some reason I've been in this non-excerise funk for about year, I stopped during the lockdown and no gumption to start back up.
  • stbowtla
    stbowtla Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My most used name on SP was Newdawn-Newday. I too am saddened by the closing of SPARKSPEOPLE.
    Member since 2011.
    I love reading all the posts here. :)
  • storkbyte1
    storkbyte1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I was on Spark People for 11 years. I had successes, and I'd stop, back, leave, back, leave. Weight up, weight down. I have a new mindset and I've been practicing mindful eating rather than dieting. Diets don't work long term. I'm proof. I'm changing my mindset on how I look at food, recognizing hunger, and stopping when I am satisfied. I really miss supporting people in their journey's no matter how you get there. The community updates were always so interesting and people's photos, so inspiring. My plan is to be relatively active here, BUT, being newly retired, I can't promise....I plan on being busy and active.
  • MILLERSPARKPEOPLE
    MILLERSPARKPEOPLE Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was a member of SparkPeople for over 11 years. My name there was MILLER-S. I loved being active on teams and was a co-leader of one team for 3 or 4 years. I think the Community aspect of it was invaluable. It's kind of hard to move on, but I'm staying really busy so I don't have as much time to miss it. I'm happy to find this team!
  • lovenhwoods
    lovenhwoods Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! So happy to be here! I was with SP for many years and am eager to connect with longtime Spark friends and make many new friends here on MFP!
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 7,257 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone, My name is Judith, I was a Member of Spark for 11 years, I so enjoyed connecting with so many who have become life long friend's. Since Spark closed I have met up with my friend's on FaceBook shared e-mails to keep connected and finally thru a few invites from my friends joined MFP.

I am so glad I have joined and been re-connected with many of my Spark Friends here. Besides being an active member on Spark I lead 6 groups as Team Leader and joined with 2 Groups as their Team Co-Leader. I so enjoyed my time with Spark, I sure miss it but am happy that this Team is here.

I look forward to getting to know you more as I join in with the Team's Activities.
  • HerbsandMore
    HerbsandMore Posts: 2,350 Member
    Options
    522mee2u186k.png
    @316Judith so happy to have you onboard
    Paulette

• Hemtech
    Options
    Welcome to the group Judith
  • AmyMGrant
    AmyMGrant Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    MISSAMY72 here..
    Looking to make friends and continue my journey.
  • Hemtech
    Options
    Welcome!
  • alukowsky
    alukowsky Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Sparkie exiles! I joined SparkPeople in May 2017, and logged in pretty faithfully up till the last year. I've regained most of the weight I'd lost all those years ago and know I need to start over, but I've lost my motivation. I think I need accountability buddies; that's one of the many benefits I'd gained from the SparkPeople site. I have an account on their new site, but feel much more alone there; it doesn't seem possible to connect with anyone.
  • Hemtech
    Options
    Welcome to our group! We will be there for you as needed, you've got this
  • JanetteBradleyMahnken
    Options

Hello from "JMahnken", Janette Mahnken, the ex team leader of the Wii Fit Plus Team on SP. I joined the new SP as JanetteM, but haven't been on there much. I actually started on MFP back in 2013 a day before I started the old SP.