Depression after loss

cnred_06
cnred_06 Posts: 25 Member
Part of my story is I lost 61.4 lbs in 2016 with the help of MFP. We got pregnant for the 1st time after that at the ripe old age of 36-but sadly lost our son at 20 wks. Over the last 4 yrs I've put 50 lbs back on. We lost another early pregnancy this last October. I haven't been able to stay motivated with health/weight loss for long since all that.Loss has completely changed me. Anyone out there identify??

Replies

• Jenpec98
    Jenpec98 Posts: 49 Member
    Im so sorry for your loss. I do understand. Ive lost 3. Motivation and all that goes along with it goes out the window. Its a struggle. All the questions you ask yourself. Is it my fault, was something wrong with the baby, is my diet adequate, did i exercise too much, was i too stressed out? Honestly, after some soul searching, I learned that it wasn't my fault at all, and those babies were in my life at the right time, and I didnt do anything wrong at all. They taught me how to love someone so much more that i could ever love myself.
    Your motivation will come back, but you have to make peace with yourself before you can move on. I wish you the best.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    I can relate.

I agree that it does profoundly change you as a person. It gets easier over time, but it lingers in the background somewhat, popping up from time to time...(10+ years later)

I think, for me, letting go of the life I once imagined (that isn't actually possible for me) and embracing a different path with gratitude (as though I had chosen it) makes it much easier.

I'm basically a happy and satisfied person 95% of the time. There is the occassional twinge of loss and the feeling that something is missing, but life in general is good.

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. ❤
  • cnred_06
    cnred_06 Posts: 25 Member
    Thank you both for your comments!! Trying to get back in gear….
  • lejones1208
    lejones1208 Posts: 3 Member
    I’m so sorry for your loss. Hopefully this group can be and good support to you. ❤️