Sweets

Options
SwAaG_SuGa
SwAaG_SuGa Posts: 1 Member
I am new here. and I have a very big sweet tooth. I miss having sweets. Can anyone help me with some sweet recipes which are diet-friendly...

Replies

• KIRBYA2Z
    KIRBYA2Z Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't have a big sweet tooth, but I don't deny myself anything. So.........I do my best to just have a small amount of whatever I want. I don't keep large quantities in my home, but I do keep good dark chocolate in the freezer.
  • dragonfly183
    dragonfly183 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Werther's Originals have a delicious sugar-free toffee candy, but too many of them will give you major gas. Plain hard candy is usually low in calories anyway and you can suck on it for a while to make the sweetness last. I have a drawer full of cinnamon and butterscotch discs in my home office right now. I plan to add a bag of peppermint this week.
  • elizabethwinchell
    Options
    I let myself have 1 teaspoon of real sugar in my oatmeal in the morning, and that helps. Even though I'm on a weight loss diet with a nutritionist, she says it's okay that I want this tiny amount of real sugar daily. My oatmeal says on the box to measure out 1/4 cup of oatmeal and 3/4 of water, bring to a boil, then simmer on low for 5 minutes. When I'm only cooking 1/4 cup of oatmeal, then 1 teaspoon of real sugar is enough that I can taste it. I also put in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon butter or margarine, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg. So it's pumpkin spice oatmeal with real sugar in it. That helps me. If you can't have real sugar but you can have artificial sweetener, you could swap out the sugar, but still try it with the vanilla extract and spices. If you into pumpkin spice.
  • LoreA1960
    LoreA1960 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I like to make sugar free pudding. I do have a craving every night between dinner and bedtime for something sweet but it’s mainly the taste of chocolate I’m craving. Other things I eat are fruit and this is weird but I drink water with flavoring in it
  • h3artgreen6478
    h3artgreen6478 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Frozen bananas whipped up adding fruit like strawberries or blueberries is delicious - creamy and sweet.

I also make a yummy chocolate mousse using sugarfree chocolate and silken tofu. You’d never know it has tofu in it!

Eyrithitol is my sweetner of choice - you can make cookies with that and almond flour, an egg, oats, sugarfree chocolate chips ( recipes for these are easy to find online )

Agar agar mousses and jellies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    1 tootsie roll midgee = 11 calories. Let it melt, don’t chew.
    Red hots = 2 calories each
    1/2 apple, core removed, 1 caramel added to hole where core was. Microwave just until caramel is gooey. Lots of chew. Put it on a plate, eat it with a knife and fork and you almost think you’re eating a real dessert.
    Sliced apples, pears, or plums, etc. covered with a very small amount of crumble=butter,sugar,oatmeal,etc. and baked.
    Weight watchers cheesecake= google it, or search on MFP

Vanilla and cinnamon both add a hint of sweet.
  • scattyplatty
    scattyplatty Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jelly with fat free yogurt makes a great pudding
  • PurplePenguinnn
    PurplePenguinnn Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I make strawberry and whipped cream to gether and call it a parfait. Rt now big into apples and peanut butter . I mix cinnamon in with the peanut butter.. believe it or not it reminds me of apple pie. I use 1 tablespoon of peanut butter. measure that stuff out.
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,189 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    https://www.thestatenislandfamily.com/miracle-muffins/

When I put these into the MFP recipe builder they came out as 91 calories each.
    14G carbs, 5G protein, 2G fat.

• Coolmama11
    Coolmama11 Posts: 113 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    PINEAPPLE SQUARES
    Ingredients:
    Mix together
    2 cups plain Greek yogurt
    1 Package sugar free instant vanilla pudding ( dry from box)
    1 Can well drained crushed pineapple ( I squeeze the water out or it will be too wet for the squares)
    Line your pan with Graham wafers, spread half the top mixture, add more graham wafers, then the rest of top mixture.
    Cover with lite cool whip, and crushed graham wafers to finish, Instead of crushed graham wafers on top, you can use a few chocolate sprinkles).....Let set in fridge over-night, then enjoy!
    This is an old Weight Watchers Recipe.
  • YuriKawata
    YuriKawata Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I mix Greek yogurt with sugar free chocolate pudding!
    My another favorite is protein ice cream: blend ice, chocolate protein powder with just a dash of almond milk!
  • kkghorne
    kkghorne Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Dice an apple, sprinkle it with cinnamon, Stevia (or whatever sweetener you prefer) and microwave it for a couples minutes until soft. Tastes almost like eating apple pie. You can also peel, slice and freeze bananas in a ziplock bag. When you are craving something sweet take your frozen banana, put in a blender, add Stevia (or whatever sweetener you prefer) and a little milk of your choice and blend for a great tasting banana milk shake.
  • bl11073845
    bl11073845 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also have a giant sweet tooth, maybe even more than one 🦷🦷🦷🦷🦷…..

I just discovered Oikos Triple Zero Yogurt. Many flavors to choose from. No added sugar, fat, or artificial sweeteners, (does contain stevia leaf extract). They also make an Oikos Pro, with as much as 29 g of protein, and 140 calories, no added sugar, does contain stevia leaf extract. I believe both are gluten free.
    You can eat as is, and it is good, or add some frozen organic (mixed) fruit. I like organic because of all the chemicals used on non organic. I know organic costs more, but isn’t your health worth it. They say strawberries are the worst when it comes to chemicals. I like the Organic Great Value Triple Berry Blend. (Walmart Brand). Strawberries, blackberry & blueberry.

• kaffajukie
    kaffajukie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a Massive sweet tooth. From 2 bananas mashed with a couple T water, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 egg. Make these in to pancakes. Often times I'll add 1 T cocoa powder. Great grab n go and protein, potassium And Chocolate. I'll put 1 tsp sugar free chocolate chips in the center of each pancake, roll or fold in half. Snack, breakfast.

My favor6 is 22 c Greek yogurt, 1/4 c cocoa powder, 1 T maple syrup or honey. Toss in a handful of roasted nutmeg walnuts- crusted after they cool. Pop into ice cube trays. Yummy snacks.
  • HezGriffin
    HezGriffin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    ahmsoh5b9rke.jpeg

A couple of my faves. Definitely like candy, and taste like a “cheat” but omg they’re a lotta sweet bang for not many calories! 130 cals for 3 mango pieces…and 1 does the trick! Also I saw someone mention but those Werther’s? They are sugar free, there’s coffee, chocolate combined with original! They keep me on track. I also put a tablespoon of peanut butter in a teacup and almonds or pecans like 10-15 on the saucer (make it nice, it feels like self care!) and dip nuts or use a teaspoon and nut and tip of the spoon 🥄🤌🥰 so satisfying with a cup of tea…I also put a dash of cinnamon on coffee & tea (no sugar). Whether you like low fat milk or for me oat milk, makes it very heartwarming. ALL of this is self-care, recently TRULY started seeing it that way!? Wow did stuff get easier, even sorta fun. Much love SWEETIE 😏🍓