Vacation eating

Options
slowerbutqwik
slowerbutqwik Posts: 120 Member
It's vacation travel season, which is causing me a lot of stress and anxiety concerning my eating routines. What do you all do to stay healthy eating and drinking while traveling? How do you stay on plan?

Replies

• spangadora
    spangadora Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Oh that is a tough one for me too. We haven't travelled in a few years now and have no plans to in the. Near future as starting in the fall I'll be getting my knees replaced...

That said, hubby takes long weekends and we will indulge in uncommon menus at times. Like a tradition for the fourth weekend is hotdogs... Ice cream is also something in the summer. But so far we both keep to moderate amounts most of the time. I do often secret snack though... Like ill secretly eat more ice cream than a serving... It's a long term issue I deal with that goes to my relationship with food over all. A therapy work thing...
  • slowerbutqwik
    Options
    spangadora wrote: »
    Oh that is a tough one for me too. We haven't travelled in a few years now and have no plans to in the. Near future as starting in the fall I'll be getting my knees replaced...

That said, hubby takes long weekends and we will indulge in uncommon menus at times. Like a tradition for the fourth weekend is hotdogs... Ice cream is also something in the summer. But so far we both keep to moderate amounts most of the time. I do often secret snack though... Like ill secretly eat more ice cream than a serving... It's a long term issue I deal with that goes to my relationship with food over all. A therapy work thing...

I get you on those food issues! I struggle to not constantly nibble while I'm cooking, or grab several snacks on my way to bed. And heavens! Eating way too much peanut butter! Lord, help me!
  • spangadora
    Options

I get you on those food issues! I struggle to not constantly nibble while I'm cooking, or grab several snacks on my way to bed. And heavens! Eating way too much peanut butter! Lord, help me!

Oh the snack on the way to bed!! Yesss... I'm guilty of that too. Stuffing my face after he's closed the door while I tidy up the cat stuff. Such a bad habit.

And this weekend the secret eating of ice cream was record high... :(
  • slowerbutqwik
    Options

Oh the snack on the way to bed!! Yesss... I'm guilty of that too. Stuffing my face after he's closed the door while I tidy up the cat stuff. Such a bad habit.

And this weekend the secret eating of ice cream was record high... :(

Is ice cream your nemesis? As is peanut butter for me.
  • spangadora
    Options
    Ice cream has certainly been so lately ... It spawned so much secret eating. I'm talking with my therapist about trying to change that. Brutal...
  • slowerbutqwik
    Options
    Ice cream has certainly been so lately ... It spawned so much secret eating. I'm talking with my therapist about trying to change that. Brutal...

Best of luck! I'd love to know what your therapist says! What about a low fat no sugar alternative?
  • spangadora
    Options
    I've tried and just don't enjoy as much lol shocking, I know.