Trimstones-July Chat 2021

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    @RoYoLizzy
    It appears that you originally registered on Jun 27th for a Sunday weigh day, but about four minutes after that, you posted again and changed it to Saturdays. See screenshot below.

venbgy33235u.png

Let me know if you'd like to change it...mistakes happen...no worries. Just let me know and I'll switch it. Enjoy your weekend!
    Jessica
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Too hot to eat? What do you have?
  • JoDavo66
    Our "go to" camping meal when we used to caravan in Luxembourg & Germany was a family portion of fries (worked out like a small McD's each) with various salad things- obviously the veg, but we loved trying the different 'potted' salad things from the supermarkets that were different to UK.
    Sometimes do this at home but make oven chips.
  • shnerb00
    shnerb00 Posts: 269 Member
    Sounds good. Thanks @jessicakrall8
  • shnerb00
    shnerb00 Posts: 269 Member
    JoDavo66 wrote: »

Salad with spinach and/or romaine, blueberries and/or strawberries, sliced almonds, chopped pea cans or walnuts, rotisserie chicken, and poppyseed dressing.

chicken Caesar wraps (with precooked packaged chicken)—- so easy

Also, I love my slow cooker on hot days… no need to stand over a hot grill and dinner is ready with no fuss as soon as we get off the water… favourite summer slow cooker meal is pulled pork with a salad.
  • JoDavo66
    @shnerb00 I was thinking about slow cooker too. We'd planned chilli & curry for during the week & ended up substituting for lighter meals
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 905 Member

I can't believe how hot it's been the last few days after all the rain we've had lately in the UK.Last night I cooked greek chicken gyros with tzatziki & greek salad.Lidl had a special Greek food week.Added a few oven chips to the gyros wrap like they do in Greece.Love a cold platter with various salads,salami & cheese,when it's too hot to stand at the oven cooking.Strawberries are lovely this time of year.
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Daily Step Goal: 8,000
    7/15: 8,482
    7/16: 8,467
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 524 Member
    CasandraW
    PW 240
    CW 238
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Waifer003
    July 16
  • jessicakrall8
    535lm14qb3vy.jpg

Here's this week's THIS or THAT! Please use the original chart below, using your snipping tool, and cut/paste into your response and highlight your answers. Also, choose ONLY ONE answer for each one...no BOTH responses! If any of the entries leave you with a thought or a story to share, please do so.

9wmuw2kn06iq.png

Enjoy! Can't wait to read your thoughts this week!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    If you don't normally read the Blog posts on MFP, you're really missing out. They give great tips, ideas, challenges, suggestions, recipes and information. Here's a great article that goes right along with some of our comments this week about all the hot/muggy weather. Here's the link:

https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/how-to-get-your-steps-when-its-too-hot-to-walk-outside/?$web_only=true&utm_source=mfp&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20210717_MFP_Newsletter_Saturday_14D&utm_content=hero

Jessica :smiley:
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    y9w3i2cqyrwf.jpeg

This came just in time for me to procrastinate cleaning my house for a few more minutes 😏.
    I was finishing my coffee and trying to get motivated to get up and start doing some housework. Then I decided to browse and find a new podcast to listen to while cleaning. I find that listening to a good podcast makes the time go by easier when I’m doing something mundane. I enjoy True Crime podcasts, and anything with a good storyline. But today will be trying out “Smartless” for something different.
  • JoDavo66
    It's been way too hot for me today. Temperature in Durham (UK) was 32'C (about 90F), my sister lives in San Diego & says it was cooler there!.
    I have spent the last 3 hours in my study/craft room with my Happy Planners. I'm almost thro a year of a fitness mini so I gathered up all the unused pages & got more months out of - thank goodness for frixion pens- I managed to rub out some & get it set up until the end of the year!!
    Now I need to commit to every day!!
  • jessicakrall8
    It's been way too hot for me today. Temperature in Durham (UK) was 32'C (about 90F), my sister lives in San Diego & says it was cooler there!.
    I have spent the last 3 hours in my study/craft room with my Happy Planners. I'm almost thro a year of a fitness mini so I gathered up all the unused pages & got more months out of - thank goodness for frixion pens- I managed to rub out some & get it set up until the end of the year!!
    Now I need to commit to every day!!

It's 93F here, with a heat index of 103F...UGH...nearly fell over just walking to the mailbox. I've been walking inside in front of the fan today...nearly 8k steps so far...whew...hoping to hit 10k again...we'll see.
  • jessicakrall8
    nuy4ux540a8e.png

I'm gonna go lie down in front of the fan...it's just sweltering...UGH
    Jess
  • JoDavo66
    l8ovkxeot6u4.jpg
  • JoDavo66
    an9bxrpxl16a.jpg
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 524 Member
    This was an easy one for me. Seafood and I just don’t get along, if I skate I fall and cookies are my nemesis.
    8f1nny1s82xn.jpeg
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    DreaRN15
    Saturday
    PW 289
    CW 293.6
This discussion has been closed.