Chit Chat Cafe

Options

Replies

• Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,085 Member
    Options
    I understand about being busy, no problem.
    to44p9rmquii.jpg
  • silverwitch5921
    silverwitch5921 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Where in Texas are you moving? Such a big state .So many different climates there.
    I have been MIA too. I also do not spend much time on the computer.
    Today I was baking pumpkins from the garden to puree.

• wizardhowl42
    wizardhowl42 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I got a new kitten two weeks ago, and she and I had to go to the vet today. She got her first round of shots and she's very quiet this evening. I don't think she feels too good, which is typical with kittens and their first shots. I remember the same thing happening to Tang when he was a baby. The kitten's name is Tiger because we thought she was a boy. I think I'm going to keep her as Tiger. It's a good name for the wee one.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Congratulations on your kitty, Tiger is a good name. We cleaned out more stuff, we also sold a lot of items and gave away more. It is expensive to move furniture so we are selling practically everything.

We were looking at ORE now I think it will be Troup Texas. Our daughter and son in law are looking for multigenerational homes so we can live near them. Don is worried with his health I will be alone and no one around.
    The first place in Ore fell through the owner built homes not sure if he had permits and they were able to get a loan, found another place in Troup, it has a home and a manufactured home on it, it looks pretty nice. They have made an offer now doing negotiating.

Hope everyone had an awesome day.
    You change your life by changing your heart.
    - Max Lucado
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach.
    - Tony Robbins

Happy Thursday, hope you all had a great day.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Happy Labor day weekend for all who celebrate, hope you have a great weekend all.
    The tragedy of life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal.
    The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.
    - Benjamin Mays
  • wizardhowl42
    Options
    So I got a suggestion from a friend and changed the kitten's name to Tigerlily. I think it fits her. She can still be Tiger or Lily.

Joyce, sounds like you are doing well getting ready for the move. Keep us updated!
  • Kurtize
    Options
    I like Tigerlily, I think there a childs story that had a Tigerlily in it or cartoon. She was a cute Indian I remember.

Happy Saturday, didn't do much today.

If a man does not know what port he is steering for,
    no wind is favorable to him.
    - Seneca
  • wizardhowl42
    Options
    Yes, Joyce. Tigerlily is the Indian in Peter Pan I think!
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Yes, your right. I knew it was a story or cartoon. Happy Labor Day all have a fun and safe day.
    h23uhixu9668.jpg
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Happy Hump Day, hope you all had an awesome day. I got a lot done and feeling good.

Success is 10 percent inspiration and 90 percent perspiration.
    - Thomas A. Edison
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Hope you all had a great day,

Have a great evening and wonderful day tomorrow, hugs all
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
    - John Wooden
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Besides our walks I am doing the Conqueror-Virtual challenge.
    I just finished the virtaul challenge of the Giza Pyrmids. It is one you pay for, you get a medal and during the walk get postcards of different areas and also this money helps plant trees across the world. At different interveals you get notified how many trees were planted.
    xqns95kbf3x7.jpg

Now I am walking Petra.
    Happy Saturday.
    We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself
    the means of inspiration and survival.
    - Winston Churchill
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Good afternoon, hope everyone's day is going well. The realtor came over today, we talked and will list in the middle of October but if someone is willing to wait until November to move in we will accept offers. Our daghter and husbands property will close Oct 4th, and then we just have to wait for the septic and new mobil home to be put on the property. It is in Brownsboro Texas. Getting excited a little more each day, well not sure if excited or anxious. But looking forward to this new adventure. Let's keep moving we can do it.

There is nothing better than the encouragement of a good friend.
    - Katharine Butler Hathaway
  • wizardhowl42
    Options
    That virtual challenge looks near, Joyce. I will have to check it out.

I know you're busy moving, but I'm glad you still have time to walk. Last time I moved, I counted moving all those boxes as exercise.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    When we were packing and decluttering I counted as exercise I burned lots of calories.
    Today was a very nice relaxing day,Don got me some starlight mints for my birthday, I really didnt want anything special because we did get each other new jackets and said that was our present. Turned 79, I don't feel 79 although at times my body tells me you are. LOL Have a great evening.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Happy Wednesday, we were supposed to have our red hat luncheon but the place we were going one of their workers had contact with someone who got covid and protocol is to close until test for covid comes back on employee, so had to cancel.

As we work to create light for others,
    we naturally light our own way.
    - Mary Anne Radmacher
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Happy Friday :) Hope your day has gone well
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day, saying, "I will try again tomorrow."
    - Mary Anne Radmacher
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Have a great new week.

Stay Alert, and doors will open.
    You can never know when and where a magic door will open for you,
    so pay attention, stay watchful, and never give up hope.
    - Jonathan Lockwood Huie