JULY Monthly Challenge

chinatowninchina
chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
Welcome to July!

I've been saying that I guess weight doesn't exactly matter at this time but staying as healthy as you can does, it seems however that increasingly it's being found that being not too heavy improves risk against many diseases including this virus so maybe it continues to be important. Additionally, for many of us, Keto helps us feel good and that can't be a disadvantage at any time.

Feel very welcome to join, we usually post our weigh Sundays and use the 'Keto Monthly Challenge Spreadsheet' also in 'Announcements' to track weight.

You can post your weight here and also in the Keto Monthly Challenge Spreadsheet which Stormy updates. If you want to post comments etc please use this thread rather than the Spreadsheet.

We use this thread to encourage each other and to add our weight as well.

JULY 2021

Sunday 7/4
Sunday 7/11
Sunday 7/18
Sunday 7/25

Saturday 7/31 to complete the month

Stay safe everyone.

Replies

• TXRebelle
    TXRebelle Posts: 139 Member
    edited July 2021
    Happy 4th!
    I had a great week and lost over 4 more pounds of mostly water weight! Yay! I'm about 1.5 from my lowest in March so hopefully I'll finally see some new lows this month.

JUL 04 - 166.1
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 786 Member
    TXRebelle wrote: »
    Happy 4th!
    I had a great week and lost over 4 more pounds of mostly water weight! Yay! I'm about 1.5 from my lowest in March so hopefully I'll finally see some new lows this month.

JUL 04 - 166.1

Ditto, Happy 4th to all!!!!! Congrats on your progress TXR. I hope to join you in a downward trend this month. I'm going to celebrate responsibly today, but tomorrow it's back keto discipline for me.
  • HerbsandMore
    HerbsandMore Posts: 2,348 Member

JULY 2021

Sunday 7/4 - 165.2
    Sunday 7/11
    Sunday 7/18
    Sunday 7/25

• TXRebelle
    edited July 2021
    JUL 04 - 166.1
    JUL 11 - 165.0
    JUL 18 - 165.0

Well, my week to week weigh in showed no change, but I was down almost a pound mid week. I went from carnivore to ketovore and upped my calories a little so I think it is just an adjustment. Hopefully. I'm still not getting in enough calories to be sustainable so I might even see an uptick this week as I work on that, but I'll still be working with a daily deficit as my exercise is excellent. And I shouldn't be complaining because any week that isn't a net gain is a win for me! B)

Have a great week! :)
  • HerbsandMore
    JULY 2021

Sunday 7/4 - 165.2
    Sunday 7/11 - 165
    Sunday 7/18 - 164
    Sunday 7/25

• TXRebelle
    JUL 04 - 166.1
    JUL 11 - 165.0
    JUL 18 - 165.0
    JUL 25 - 165.3

Deja vu - I was down again mid week to a new low of 163.8 but started the climb back up each day to today's NET GAIN! I am now eating in my "losing" calorie range instead of too low along with keeping a nice daily deficit and my body apparently is not happy with the extra calories. Hopefully, I will get that loss back and make some progress this week! *pout* I've been so good and haven't had any bad carbs, alcohol or added sugars in 50 days!!!

Have a great week!
  • HerbsandMore
    I know it can be weird, some say that calories don't matter but for me they do, I keep carbs down to 5% sometime I have it 7%, but if I don't keep my calories under 1400 I stall out. I am hoping it is as simple as adjusting the calories because that can be done quite easily well most days. Just don't give up & keep going you will see a loss again. Make sure you get enough good fats seems to be the big thing at lest for me.
  • TXRebelle
    Thanks! I had been eating below 1000 calories per day/zero carb and increased up to 1200-1300 and <20. I could understand if I wasn't still overweight, but I'm still 10 pounds away from a "healthy" BMI. My macros are excellent. If things don't improve, I may have to go back to carnivore in August... I think I've said this before, but cauliflower might go on my "treat" list. Sounds so funny. I limit myself to only having it at my largest meal mid day and am still doing IF 18:6, too not eating after 4p.
  • HerbsandMore
    Wow, that is difficult to understand, what you are doing sounds perfect so I'll just try to encourage to stay the course maybe your body is just adjusting to some kind of change. I know a while back I was doing everything right & I loss then gained a couple of times then one day I loss & kept losing not 6 lbs. a week but a steady loss & so far it remains like that the loss is lower it continues.
  • HerbsandMore
    JULY 2021

Sunday 7/4 - 165.2
    Sunday 7/11 - 165
    Sunday 7/18 - 164
    Sunday 7/25 - 163.4

• TXRebelle
    Great job @herbsandmore! My body never makes any sense. I don't know why I keep trying to understand it. I just know that these stalls/gains (for no reason) are what always send me off plan into the yo-yo cycle so that is why I'm trying to stay committed no matter what through August. Once I lose the water weight and get into new numbers, things are turtle slow and I know that so I need to just accept it. :)
  • valleygirl74
    valleygirl74 Posts: 159 Member
    Aug 01 - 222.4
    Aug 08
    Aug 15
    Aug 22
    Aug 29
  • TXRebelle
    JUL 04 - 166.1
    JUL 11 - 165.0
    JUL 18 - 165.0
    JUL 25 - 165.3
    AUG 01 - 164.0
    I've had lows in the 163's the last two weeks, but they never stick around for the official weigh in. :pensive:
    Have a great week!
  • HerbsandMore
    I know that feeling but the important thing is even if it slow you are losing weight & most people say losing it slow is better in the long run, I know it is not what we expect with this way of eating but I lose slowly, I have never had even a 5 lb. loss in a week, I believe the most I have loss in a week is 2 lbs. For me this is a total revamp of the way I use to eat, I was a vegetarian before this. So please just keep at it, some people lose using sugar substitutes, myself I cannot use them, I just don't lose anything at all so we are all different.
  • HerbsandMore
    Aug 01 - 162
    Aug 08
    Aug 15
    Aug 22
    Aug 29
This discussion has been closed.