I'm back! And ready to rumble @ 52

Options
Joyfulandactive
Joyfulandactive Posts: 111 Member
I have a history of cancer and being in recovery (cancer-free yay!). I was very fit and healthy when I got my diagnosis in June 2018. Because it was cancer in my spine my recovery has been longer than I expected as I had a lot of back pain. That has resolved and I am off all my oxy pain meds (no pain meds in fact). I started losing weight a few months ago but had a health setback which has been taken care of. So I am 175lb and a 10/12. Pre-cancer I was a 140-145lb 4/6.
We just had a family vacation in Hawaii, our first beach vacation since before 2015. I have bought myself plenty of cute clothes at my current size but am determined to lose the weight for my long term health as I am 52. I plan to use Eat to Live principals as that worked for me in the past, mixed with a bit of what I gave learnt about nutrition since.

Replies

• losemicaroline
    losemicaroline Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    It's great to know you are feeling well! New clothes and a vacation sound like a great way to kick off your health and nutrition goals. :)
  • janet41283
    janet41283 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Happy to hear you are cancer free. Yes, vacation sounds wonderful.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Glad you are doing well!
  • Joyfulandactive
    Joyfulandactive Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies! I began on the 4th of July @ 175lb and now Saturday the 10th I am 170.9! So over 4lb down already! Hopefully today I can knock off another lb and be 5lbs down for the week!