Bring on July...

Options
UncleMac
UncleMac Posts: 12,920 Member
edited August 2021 in Social Groups
Busy times!

I'm renovating the lower level of my house... rec room, laundry room and second bathroom. The space was developed when the house was built in 1962 but the layout was awkward... the walls were uninsulated (not a good thing in Canada but not unusual for 60s construction). Although the second bathroom was plumbed for a shower, it was never completed. The weather has been lovely so I've been walking daily.

How about everyone else? Busy or ??

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    That sounds like quite a job, @UncleMac, but I'm sure you'll be happy with the finished results. So satisfying to get a big, useful project accomplished!

Things are busy for me, but without obvious productive output. It being summer, and mostly good weather, I'm rowing 4 days a week, helping to supervise the rowing club's open rowing sessions usually one evening a week, and just wrapped up with helping with the learn-to-row class 2 evenings a week plus Saturday AM.

I don't know about others of the group, but I'm also getting back to some routine medical visits I'd deferred during the pandemic, and some other routine things that involve having strangers in my house that I thought it was acceptable to put off for a time (like preventive maintenance visits for the A/C and that sort of thing).
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,231 Member
    Options
    I'm enjoying parts of the garden and getting out on the water.

Today I took out the boat I bought a week ago. Just a mile upstream and then back. I like how it paddles, and I almost have the outfitting set how I like. I took back some hardware I bought for it that wasn't the right hardware for the footbar and bought the thumb screws and wing nuts instead. Now I can go back and try again; I think I have it set where I want it.

The bummer is that while I was getting the hardware dialed, and before I even moved my truck to park it and get my paddle, someone hit my truck and drove away. Yes, it's an older truck. I am the only owner, and I bought it in 1997. It has a few small dents, but this one is huge. I'm going to have to go to a body shop, and I'm not happy.

I got a very basic description of the vehicle. I didn't pay THAT much attention to it, and they smashed into my truck while I was down at the bottom of the ramp on the dock with my head inside the canoe.

Way bummer.

But I think I'll keep the boat.