Dumping

Options
slowerbutqwik
slowerbutqwik Posts: 120 Member
edited July 2021 in Social Groups
Who has experienced it? What foods set you off?

Replies

• slowerbutqwik
    Options
    I think I just experienced last night for the first time. Horrible pain in stomach, nauseous, very dizzy, hot and then cold, wanted to throw up.
    What symptoms do you all experience? I never want to experience that again!
  • spangadora
    spangadora Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have had it once and it was totally from over eating and fast eating a treat of French Toast and bacon ordered in. Hubby was craving pancakes and I was all on board. Oh yeah and a hasbrown... Way too much food in. Horrible pain... Sliming like crazy. I had the band from 12 years and used to get 'stuck' a lot from not eating carefully... This felt very similar.all o could do was walk around groaning and occasionally spitting excess saliva into the sink... Never again please!
  • slowerbutqwik
    Options
    spangadora wrote: »
    I have had it once and it was totally from over eating and fast eating a treat of French Toast and bacon ordered in. Hubby was craving pancakes and I was all on board. Oh yeah and a hasbrown... Way too much food in. Horrible pain... Sliming like crazy. I had the band from 12 years and used to get 'stuck' a lot from not eating carefully... This felt very similar.all o could do was walk around groaning and occasionally spitting excess saliva into the sink... Never again please!

Oooh, yes that does sound terrible! I certainly never want to feel like I did again! When was your sleeve?
  • spangadora
    Options
    Oooh, yes that does sound terrible! I certainly never want to feel like I did again! When was your sleeve?

I had the lapband for 12 years and had it removed in the fall 2018. My sleeve happened April 19th of this year. I'm pleased so far.
  • slowerbutqwik
    Options
    spangadora wrote: »

I had the lapband for 12 years and had it removed in the fall 2018. My sleeve happened April 19th of this year. I'm pleased so far.

I'm quite happy with my sleeve results as well. Still some foods I can't tolerate, however.
  • spangadora
    Options
    So far I've not come across anything that give me trouble specifically unless I don't chew enough or have too big a bite without thinking. I've even been able to enjoy some diet gingerale again.
  • slowerbutqwik
    Options
    You're very lucky. It's not fun to to experience it! Believe me!
  • spangadora
    Options
    I know... Overeating way too much that one time was horrible.