Similarly good groups for Low Carb, Keto, and Clean Eating?

Options
txkajun263
txkajun263 Posts: 54 Member
I am on the newer side of MFP Groups, and have found three that I like. Besides the ones I mentioned here, are there any others that are good? By good, I mean they stick to the point of the group, have mostly positive and encouraging posts, even when people disagree on opinions, and are well-moderated to help people get the most value from the group?

Thanks for any tips or advice. I already know that not all groups are created equally.

Replies

• camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I also like the ketogenicforums.com, which is not related to MFP. It was started by the 2KetoDudes podcast guys several years back, and there is a lot of good information posted there. It sometimes goes offline, though, so keep trying if you can't get in right away. Good luck with your journey!
  • txkajun263
    Options
    camtosh wrote: »
    I also like the ketogenicforums.com, which is not related to MFP. It was started by the 2KetoDudes podcast guys several years back, and there is a lot of good information posted there. It sometimes goes offline, though, so keep trying if you can't get in right away. Good luck with your journey!

Thanks. I'll check that out. I am specifically looking for other groups on this site right now (MFP)
  • solska
    solska Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    when i was more focused and starting a few years ago, i found that in lots of other forums too many people start advocating against keto eating. i found that this specific forum most of the time will offer lots of advice, info, etc. sometimes here too there will be people who insist too much on a purely carnivorous diet in the same fixed way. but more often than not a lot of folks seem to check in often. at that time, i also found that it helped me a lot to check in often here and engage in the posts to stay focused. i find it hard to allocate the time but i know it can be useful. if you have good experience with other groups who do keto, please post here. following.
  • txkajun263
    Options
    @solska - these are the only ones I've found so far on MFP. I'm not interested in hearing folks rail against Keto, particularly while munching on a Big Mac, Super Sized Fries, and Super Sized soft drink. Thanks for the reply. :)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    txkajun263 wrote: »
    @solska - these are the only ones I've found so far on MFP. I'm not interested in hearing folks rail against Keto, particularly while munching on a Big Mac, Super Sized Fries, and Super Sized soft drink. Thanks for the reply. :)

we are the most active afaik. Groups here really took a hit in activity once FB Groups came out. You can't beat it for eye-candy functionality. And you can actually search them... This is pretty retro compared to that.
  • txkajun263
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

we are the most active afaik. Groups here really took a hit in activity once FB Groups came out. You can't beat it for eye-candy functionality. And you can actually search them... This is pretty retro compared to that.

I don't disagree with that, however folks in this group are more supportive and less interested in knowing your overall life opinions before deciding to assist or attack. :) Not so on Facebook.
  • baconslave
    Options
    txkajun263 wrote: »

I don't disagree with that, however folks in this group are more supportive and less interested in knowing your overall life opinions before deciding to assist or attack. :) Not so on Facebook.

Agree. The only FB groups I'm in have to do with support of a homeschooling curriculum. That's it. And they actually stay on topic. I ain't got time for judgy drama.
    FB Groups are a scourge on mankind. I could go on and on about it. I will be kind and won't. But anyway. Glad you're here. :smile:
  • txkajun263
    Options

Agree. The only FB groups I'm in have to do with support of a homeschooling curriculum. That's it. And they actually stay on topic. I ain't got time for judgy drama.
    FB Groups are a scourge on mankind. I could go on and on about it. I will be kind and won't. But anyway. Glad you're here. :smile:

I know what you mean. I actually started and run two different groups on Facebook that are not food related at all. One is about practicing intentional acts of kindness, and the other related to the art of cemetery statues and headstones. I am super diligent in making sure no one is ever off topic and if there are any violations, which are clear before joining, the post is removed and so is the offender. It doesn't happen often.. And I am strict, because 'I ain't got time for judgy drama' either. ;)
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    On FB, I'm with a few Thai keto and Thai low carbs groups. I prefer the more easy- going group. I would get ideas for meals but I will avoid any dramas anywhere. Of cause I like MFP too for obvious reasons. @canadjineh ,I like your judgy cat.😾
  • baconslave
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    I just like the term 'judgy drama,' lol. I'm in on a couple private FB groups, one of which grew out of a few of us who ate the same way posting on 3FatChicks. If you think MFP is retro, you gotta see 3FatChicks. Retro I happen to like because it's much simpler. Especially since I use a desktop for all these sites and refuse to have 6 billion apps on my phone to access all these sites. Most of the time the functionality on these apps sucks anyhow.
    Judgy cat:
    q5vmagz44leg.png

Love that cat.
  • txkajun263
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Judgy cat:
    q5vmagz44leg.png

I love your judgy cat! Gorgeous!