Finally losing a little weight!

Options
rhtexasgal
rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
Well, the last week of May, I decided to institute a diet change. We all know, after our hormones go out of whack, nothing works normally, as it should again. I believe in the CICO mantra so that meant WHAT I was eating was holding me back. I did a few things:
1. Dusted off my food scale
2. Dug out my meal portion containers for my lunches
3. Changed my macros to 35% protein, 35% Fat and 30% carbs AND greatly reduced my sugar consumption, even those found in fruits (at least at first)

It has been almost 8 weeks (will be this week) and I have lost about 7 pounds ... it's slow but it seems to be working! The hardest part is consuming enough protein. I would say that once a week I go over my carbs but that would do that I would have a 1/3 serving of pasta/rice/bread etc. I have greatly reduced overall sugar consumption too. I have a little fruit or higher sugar veggies each day so most sugar carbs are from whole natural foods. I think the lower sugar, more than anything is the key.

I have always naturally done IF so that was not something I needed to institute. I eat my evening meal about 6 p.m. and my first meal of the day is lunch about 12 Noon! I bought a Fitbit Inspire 2 and let is calculate my activities instead of me logging into MFP so I can focus on weight workouts, wogging (walk/jog) with my dog and also getting my extra steps in marching in place etc.

I sort of made losing weight my 2nd job! I will continue to carry on and hope the weight loss does too ...

Replies

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great plan - it's hard to lose weight during this time of life but not impossible- keep it up!
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Awesome plan!! I love IF. Congratulations.