August 16

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,879 Member
    Options
    aitsl8oSVmzv0lqZHgg6_Potato_chip_-_Wikipedia.jpg

Good morning all,

So in yesterday’s NVS, the thread started right off with a great group topic….Dangerous foods.

So my questions for you today are:
    - Are you challenged by any particular foods?
    - What foods do you find difficult?
    - And, do you have any methods that you find help you to deal better with them?
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    @Healthymumlife you can still get into the Winner's Circle with only 3 pass days.... it's the 4th one that puts you out of the Winner's Circle! :) My suggestion is to focus on one area at a time... When I first started, I had to focus on simply tracking every.single.thing for awhile until it became 2nd nature for me. Once I got to that point (and it really didn't take very long!) then I began to work on dialing in the calories (even though I still go over more times that I'd like to admit!)

Now I'm finding that pre-logging as much of my day as I can is very helpful (especially when shooting for specific protein and carb goals!) Then, as the day progresses, I can edit and move things around - or delete them altogether! Yesterday I had saved 100 calories for a snack at the end of the day - a cup of my Crio Bru (cacao) with cream. But I got distracted watching a TV show with DH and next thing I knew, it was time to get ready for bed! I thought about having the hot beverage real quick anyways and ended up just deleting it from my food diary instead! #win

I'm glad that you find the UAC helpful with motivation and accountability! Often I will curb myself from doing something stupid, just because I know that I will have to report in here about it! Lol. :lol:
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I have a 100% self serving post. Feel free to ignore and move on. Myachievement.com awards points for healthy habits and lifestyle, I have it linked to MFP and to my garmin. Points can be redeemed for gift cards. They’re offering bonus points for friend referrals so I figured I’d just throw it on here. Feel free to check it out or move on. If you’re interested, use the link below. Thanks!

https://tinyurl.com/ycqoa89v
  • Healthymumlife
    Healthymumlife Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    @Healthymumlife keep turning up. You might still make it to the winners circle and if you don't turning up and being honest and accountable is still an amazing achievement. When I was on here before (I think June, July and August last year) I made more progress than in the months I wasn't taking part even when I didn't make it to the winners circle. You're doing really well getting to half way!

Thank you, much appreciated :smile: