August 13

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• JennyRebecca1978
    JennyRebecca1978 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday UAC! Focus on all of your positives today!

9af1bdfi74c3.jpg

• Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    13th Aug
    Yes x3
    Grazing is my number 1 focus atm and continues to be my weakness. I Realised that my grazing has gotten worst since bub started solids and thats cos i prep his meals, my meals and hubbys meals and sum times we all eat different things (their meals esp hubbys are usually tastier) We also eat at different times so i am in the kitchen all the time which obviously results in more temptation. Kinda like an alcoholic around alcohol. Also i use to skip meals which is terrible and something i dnt do anymore but it def helped not being around food so much. I do my best to track my grazing but i dnt weigh it so i believe that is why the weight is not coming off so today i hve gone back to putting any grazing food into a container, ill weigh it and i can decide at the end of the night if i want to eat that or use the calories on upgrading my treat instead. I must admit by the end of the tonight the different bits of food sitting in the container looked so gross and not appetizing at all so i threw it out. Xox

@donna25trinity I was thinking as I was reading your post.... "wait, what? She's going to put it ALL into a container and eat it at the end of the day???? Hmm, that doesn't sound appealing!!" 😝 - and for ME, I wouldn't be able to wait until the end of the day to eat it anyways! Lol.

My worst snacking times are in the late morning and late afternoon. (For some reason I have hardly any trouble at all in the evening, but everyone's different, right?) I'm getting pretty good at stalling myself or making myself wait. I'll look at the clock and say, "Teresa, you can wait xx more minutes until lunchtime". Or "Yay! I can eat in xx more minutes!!!" Crazy, right?! Lol. And I try to drink a full 16oz glass of water while I'm waiting. In the afternoon, I try to have my snack around 2:30 every day. And again, I find myself continuously looking at my watch saying "oooh, only xx more minutes!!".

Often, when I feel like I'm getting 'weak' (as far as caving in, not weak from hunger! :lol: ), I will go take a walk, telling myself that I can eat something after my walk. Sometimes I'll even forget about it by the time my walk is over, or my resolve is greater after the walk (endorphins?) and I'm no longer 'hungry'. If I'm at home, I'll even go take a quick shower after my walk..... (more stall tactics) putting myself off like I would a small child. It seems to work most of the time!! I am (slowly) learning to determine between when I am really hungry and when I am not. It's sad that this has been a new concept for me.
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,804 Member
    Options
    @biketheworld I’m sure the weekend will go well, it sounds like you have worked hard for it.

@donna25trinity Picking at the kids’ food was a big problem for me when they were little. I never thought of putting all the scraps in a container for later – that would have stopped it!

@Winner_in_Life impressive workouts!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,188 Member
    Options
    13/08/2021
    Exercise – yes, bike ride 40+ minutes, plus light cardio
    Tracking – yes
    Calories – yes

I’m afraid I’m having trouble with feeling positive at the moment, difficult times. It’s my DIL’s birthday today and their wedding anniversary on Monday. 10 years ago they were so happy and full of plans, just starting out.

This is really hard... I feel for you for sure and can't imagine how that feels... sending warm thoughts to you and your DIL during this difficult time