August 13

Options

Replies

• bradkcrew
    bradkcrew Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options

0/3 pass days

so hot uncommon in upstate NY ( way past Albany lol)

Me too! It's brutal, but it seemed to cool off fast this evening so maybe it is breaking

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,074 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    13th Aug
    Yes x3
    Grazing is my number 1 focus atm and continues to be my weakness. I Realised that my grazing has gotten worst since bub started solids and thats cos i prep his meals, my meals and hubbys meals and sum times we all eat different things (their meals esp hubbys are usually tastier) We also eat at different times so i am in the kitchen all the time which obviously results in more temptation. Kinda like an alcoholic around alcohol. Also i use to skip meals which is terrible and something i dnt do anymore but it def helped not being around food so much. I do my best to track my grazing but i dnt weigh it so i believe that is why the weight is not coming off so today i hve gone back to putting any grazing food into a container, ill weigh it and i can decide at the end of the night if i want to eat that or use the calories on upgrading my treat instead. I must admit by the end of the tonight the different bits of food sitting in the container looked so gross and not appetizing at all so i threw it out. Xox

@donna25trinity I was thinking as I was reading your post.... "wait, what? She's going to put it ALL into a container and eat it at the end of the day???? Hmm, that doesn't sound appealing!!" 😝 - and for ME, I wouldn't be able to wait until the end of the day to eat it anyways! Lol.

My worst snacking times are in the late morning and late afternoon. (For some reason I have hardly any trouble at all in the evening, but everyone's different, right?) I'm getting pretty good at stalling myself or making myself wait. I'll look at the clock and say, "Teresa, you can wait xx more minutes until lunchtime". Or "Yay! I can eat in xx more minutes!!!" Crazy, right?! Lol. And I try to drink a full 16oz glass of water while I'm waiting. In the afternoon, I try to have my snack around 2:30 every day. And again, I find myself continuously looking at my watch saying "oooh, only xx more minutes!!".

Often, when I feel like I'm getting 'weak' (as far as caving in, not weak from hunger! :lol: ), I will go take a walk, telling myself that I can eat something after my walk. Sometimes I'll even forget about it by the time my walk is over, or my resolve is greater after the walk (endorphins?) and I'm no longer 'hungry'. If I'm at home, I'll even go take a quick shower after my walk..... (more stall tactics) putting myself off like I would a small child. It seems to work most of the time!! I am (slowly) learning to determine between when I am really hungry and when I am not. It's sad that this has been a new concept for me.

Not sad at all i tots know wat u mean!! Its obvious u hve come such a long way with it so good 4 u and thanks 4 sharing ur tips i will def try them!! Some times wen im picking at food while standing i dnt even realise im doing it but just like ur stalling strategy i guess its all about awareness & mindfulness & faking that habit till it becomes our new way of life. Funny that u replied to this post as i was actually going to tag u in it as ur elephant post the other day made me realise i had given myself too many goals for August and i needed to cut it down to just 1 the grazing, which in itself is the hardest 1 for me so thank u for that @Mrs-Hoffer. Xox
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    13/08/2021
    Exercise – yes, bike ride 40+ minutes, plus light cardio
    Tracking – yes
    Calories – yes

I’m afraid I’m having trouble with feeling positive at the moment, difficult times. It’s my DIL’s birthday today and their wedding anniversary on Monday. 10 years ago they were so happy and full of plans, just starting out.

Im sorry to hear my friend, but can i say hving the pleasure of getting to know u over the last 8 mths i know u are soooo strong and i know u know this! I often tell my husband how amazingly strong & resilient u are. I will keep u, ur dil and ur grandchildren in my prayers! Xox
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    @donna25trinity I always think the alcohol thing is a really good analogy to show how hard it is to lose weight. If someone addicted to a different substance let's say heroin had to have some every day and all social events etc were planned around it they'd find out impossible to give up. We're doing so well against all odds.

Yes x3 today. I did a run for exercise. Week 4 of my couch to 5k so starting to run longer chunks. Feeling like I could run more but don't want to push myself too hard.

Yep i totally agree and ur so right we are def doing well. Yay 2 us. Xox
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    Aug 13:
    C✔️ T✔️ E✔️ (50 mins walking; 3 hours giving massages).

PASSES USED: 1/3 (12Aug)

✔️ Net carbs <25%? Yes. 0%
    ❌ Protein >100g? No. 0g.
    ✔️ Yoga. Yes.
    ✔️ Kettlebell. Yes.
    ❌ 12k steps? No, but I will hit 10k today.

Today was a fast day. I took 2 walks this morning and worked both jobs today.

@Mrs-Hoffer wld u mind me asking how fast day benifits u? Im intrigued. Great discipline btw. I use to fast back in the day till 12pm and god i found it hard! Lol so fact u can go all day is just amazing!! Xo
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,188 Member
    Options
    @Mrs-Hoffer wld u mind me asking how fast day benifits u? Im intrigued. Great discipline btw. I use to fast back in the day till 12pm and god i found it hard! Lol so fact u can go all day is just amazing!! Xo

It's funny you read it as her fasting, because I totally read it the other way (as in, the day passed quickly)

But now I see the 0% net carbs and protein and totally see it your way now... :)
  • idoliov
    idoliov Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    3 YES day. And waaay under on calories despite (or maybe because?) it’s a travel day. I’m counting walking through the terminals and then to / from dinner / hotel as my movement.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,133 Member
    Options
    It’s Friday the 13th and it’s my 71st birthday.
    Happily I had a 3 yes day!

Happy Birthday RICK!! 🎉❤️🌸🎊🎁🎈🥳
    Aka @RangerRickL
    You are impressive! Hope all is going well.
    Hugs,
    🌸Maddie
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    I’ll be even happier when it’s Monday! I know, there’s something no one ever says, right? But in my case, this weekend I’m in charge of an event that’s been months in the making. I’ve not been sleeping well, I’ve been putting in long days, I’ve been stressed. But everything’s ready, I had my final meeting with volunteers last night, I’m feeling good, and I actually slept 7 hours last night.

You know what’s amazing? My time reading all your posts while I have my morning coffee has been really calming for me and it’s created a little sanctuary for me away from the stressors at work. For awhile I was so stressed that even thinking about using time to exercise was causing more stress. But the comments of several of you regarding stress and exercise convinced me to carve out the time for it every day. And my focus on freggies has helped me eat healthy instead of grabbing junk. Other than being tired from lack of sleep, I actually feel pretty good. Hubby did tell me I was looking haggard but i can laugh at that and know that it’s temporary.

Even though the next 3 days will be 12+ hours, I still plan on tracking, staying on plan, and checking in here.

You’ve got this @biketheworld 🌟 I hope that everything goes well and that you have a good sleep each night to rise refreshed.
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,804 Member
    Options
    Track - yes
    Cals- yes
    Exercise - no. Once again I had something in morning. Too blasted hot to go walk mid day then storms this evening

Have you tried indoor walking exercises? There are hundreds of them online (Utube Lucy Wyndham Read is my favourite). It's low impact and you can choose short routines. Just 5 minutes 4 times a day will achieve the 20 minutes. You might be surprised at how effective they are.
    I do a lot of my exercise in short bursts (arthritis and other issues) and it still works.
    Congratulations on the calories!
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,804 Member
    Options
    @Mrs_Hoffer How do you manage all that work and exercise while fasting?

@clutterqueen Congrats on todays three ticks

@fourathomej nearly half way through the month and no pass days!
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,274 Member
    Options
    It’s Friday the 13th and it’s my 71st birthday.
    Happily I had a 3 yes day!

Happy birthday my friend! It’s the 14th as I type this, hope your day was a wonderful celebration with people you love.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,274 Member
    Options
    Yes to all 3

Pass days: 1/3

Freggie report:

Week of July 18 avg 4.42/day
    Week of July 25 avg 3.42
    Week of August 1 avg 4.57

Sunday: 7
    Monday: 5
    Tuesday: 5