Am I an apple?

Options
Hi, I am new to the group and I have an incredibly obvious question.
Been looking online at body shapes and I was under the impression that apples had hips and bellys and not so much with the boobage. But looking at some of the lovely ladies in this group (very insprational btw) I am now wondering if I might be an apple. I have no butt. No hips. Big boobs and absolutely no waist. and little limbs, Allll belly. So would that be an apple?

Replies

• shelbelw
    shelbelw Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I thought being an apple meant a person carries their weight in the torso. I have no hips or butt, but I also have no boobs. I'm pretty much straight up and down with a belly (attractive!).

I understood the shapes to be as follows:

Hourglass = hips and shoulders about the same width, small waist
    Pear = wider hips than shoulders, smaller waist ratio
    Apple = not much difference between hips, waist, and shoulder widths

Are there more shapes? Am I wrong?
  • Nico_the_enabler
    Nico_the_enabler Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Well seems I might need to google more then. Thanks for responding.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I thought being an apple meant a person carries their weight in the torso. I have no hips or butt, but I also have no boobs. I'm pretty much straight up and down with a belly (attractive!).

I understood the shapes to be as follows:

Hourglass = hips and shoulders about the same width, small waist
    Pear = wider hips than shoulders, smaller waist ratio
    Apple = not much difference between hips, waist, and shoulder widths

Are there more shapes? Am I wrong?

Almost ... Rectangle is the one with not much difference between hips, waist and shoulders.
    Apple is the big round belly, just like the fruit is shaped.

Shapes are about where you gain your weight when you gain it. Not so much about your cup size since breast tissue is not your standard adipose. I happen to be an apple whose hips are 37 inches, while my waist was 46 (now down to 35, no change in hips) and though I had a layer of fat on my back that thickened me around, my bust never changed in size.

At my heaviest, my favorite piece of clothing was a pair of maternity shorts in a size small. And still the leg openings were way too wide even though my waistline made me look 7 months pregnant.
  • Nico_the_enabler
    Options
    I can definately relate to that. My chest gets no bigger no matter what i weigh. Though also doesnt get any smaller.. lol. and I can relate to the skinny leg pant issues. all my weight is that of a pregnant shape. oh joy.
  • SandySweats
    SandySweats Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I kind of consider myself sort of apple-ish. My boobs are a D cup and right now are equal to my hips. But my waist is only about 6" less. When I was heavier there was only a 4" difference. I consider myself an Apple because I always look pregnant with a significantly larger lower belly. In fact I always measure my hips at the widest point of my lower gut.

Right now my waist is a size 14 and my legs are size 12. At my heaviest my waist was size 18 and my legs size 14/16 depending on the cut. I hate having to try on 10 pairs of jeans in several different cuts and sizes to find even one that fits well enough to wear outside the dressing room.
  • Nico_the_enabler
    Options
    If noone tells... I have discovered that mens jeans.. specially skinnys. fit great :P
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    that's a great tip. and i wore maternity pants when i wasn't pregnant, who am i gonna tell!