Shrinking Assets - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    chublet25 wrote: »
    I've lost 65 pounds (still 34 to go) and, well, I look like the Michelin man with a big flat saggy tire around his middle. Sorry if that's TMI, but what on earth can I wear so that I don't look awful? Do I need to get some shapewear? I've been wearing huge baggy shirts (well, my old shirts, to be honest!) because anything close-fitting looks perfectly hideous with lumps in unexpected and unattractive places. As an instructor I have to stand up in front of a whole lot of university-age students and I really don't want to look terrible or to get distracted thinking that they're staring at my flat tire! Does anybody have any suggestions?

Shapeware is expensive and often ill fitting. I would recommend Marshall’s or TJ Maxx to start with. Name brands at lower prices. I’ve bought some from Walmart that just rolls up or down. Skip Amazon unless you are buying a brand you are already familiar with the sizing.

I bet you do not look as bad as you think you do!!!

You are right, there are extremely expensive
    I would add Burlington's as well as Ross Stores - if you have them in your area
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,055 Member
    Options
    Another new member heading your way ........Please welcome @erz3123 :)
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh In

KittyInBoots17:
    PW: 237.4
    CW: 237.2

• chublet25
    chublet25 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I probably DON'T look as bad as I think I do, and it's true that the students are mostly looking at their phones (or more hopefully what I write on the whiteboard!) That's hilarious about your teacher going bra-less (that's not going to happen!) I'll have a major sort through next week and see if there's anything I can salvage and then go on an emergency shopping trip to the used clothing store. I was worried about shapewear rolling on me because that sounds seriously like something from Walmart would do! Great tips from everybody. I really appreciate it.
  • wtbarunner
    wtbarunner Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Wtbarunner
    Wednesday
    PW 239
    CW 242😢
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Another new member heading your way ... Please welcome @labellasu :)
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    Options
    Wow, so much happened in what I thought was such little time however it turns out the week is just flying by and we are almost at the weekend again!

I am going to take @PatriceFitnessPal as my inspiration - great work Patrice not only getting out there but doing so well in your rowing as well! lets see if I can get some decent exercise ina mongst the many jobs that await me!

Going to check back as I can't remember if I posted last week weight?

Hope you guys are all feeling inspired and ready to rock this!!!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    amw5snpo3aau.png
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Going to check back as I can't remember if I posted last week weight?

You did…. You posted 247.7
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Another new member heading your way ... Please welcome @twitch82 :)
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,323 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Welcome @twitch82! Congratulations on taking another step in building healthy and positive habits. This is our space for learning and supporting one another. We can practice new behaviors until they become habits. Our habits will set us up for success in the Fat2Fit group … and serve us well into the future.

I hope you are feeling good about joining the ShinkingAssets team! We’ll all (re)introduce ourselves at the start of the new month but, If you have any questions about the group or process, please don’t hesitate to ask. It’s good to have you on the team!!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,323 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Thank you for the congratulatory message and encouragement @TheMrWobbly! I’m seriously blushing ☺️! It was a very small and informal event but provided a good opportunity to experience a race environment. I grew up in Boston, Massachusetts (USA) and there’s a race called the ‘Head of the Charles’ that I’d like to enter one day. I started rowing at about age 50 so I joke that with 20 years of practice I might be good enough to win the 70 year old category. So, my strategy is to outlive the potential competition!

I was intrigued about all the jobs that await you…
    Let’s see if I can get some decent exercise in amongst the many jobs that await me!

Are you working over the weekend? … doing chores at home? … or completing a project? If you are handy at doing repairs, I’m inspired! I really need to work on some decluttering and home improvement tasks but …. it’s still summer! That’s what winter is for, right? I do enjoy winter activities but we don’t get much snow here, so planning has to be more intentional. I’ll probably plan something soon so I can keep avoiding my decluttering project 🙄!
  • nycirl2018
    nycirl2018 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Sw/Pw: 274
    Cw: 274

I was surprised and disappointed to see no weight loss this week. Other than last Saturday, I’ve been pretty on track and keeping account of calories, and was really expecting a loss this week especially as I’m pretty early in my journey. I need to recalibrate and look to see if I’m doing something wrong or need to rejig food planning, and focus on more exercise next week maybe.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    The September 2021 chat is now OPEN FOR BUSINESS

All weigh-ins for the final week of August should continue to be posted here, but as of Sunday, we will be in the September chat. Feel free to pop over there, say hey, and maybe post an introduction so we can get to know you better!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10842203/shrinking-assets-team-chat-september-2021/p1?new=1
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    leni1us
    August
    PW: 152.8
    CW: 152.6
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Anniesquats100
    Friday
    Pw 167.1
    Cw 168.0
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Options
    I had some big meals this last week. Ordinarily I finish eating before 5 pm, but twice my mom wanted steak on the grill at six pm when I had no calories left. I am pretty good at logging calories until mid afternoon when I start going off the rails. So once again I start over.
This discussion has been closed.