August Monthly Challenge

Options
chinatowninchina
chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
Summer is here at least in the Northern Hemisphere!

Feel very welcome to join, we usually post our weigh Sundays and use the 'Keto Monthly Challenge Spreadsheet' also in 'Announcements' to track weight.

You can post your weight here and also in the Keto Monthly Challenge Spreadsheet which Stormy updates. If you want to post comments etc please use this thread rather than the Spreadsheet.

We use this thread to encourage each other and to add our weight as well.

August 2021

Sunday 8/1
Sunday 8/8
Sunday 8/15
Sunday 8/22
Sunday 8/29

Stay safe everyone.

Replies

• JodiSW
    JodiSW Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm back to MFP after a "break" of a few years where I put on 50 pounds...yeah, that. Hopping back on keto today and decided to pop over here and see what's happening! I'd love to participate in this challenge with ya'll. Not sure how the spreadsheet works but I'll post here.

August 2021

Sunday 8/1 - 202 lbs. Eeeks!
    Sunday 8/8
    Sunday 8/15
    Sunday 8/22
    Sunday 8/29
  • BadAtitude
    BadAtitude Posts: 167 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I too left for a few years and am now trying to get my life and health back in order. I am starting fresh today August 3rd and am going to fully commit myself (one way or the other)
    Here I go, wish me luck.
    SW: 190 lbs
    GW: 145 lbs

August 2021

Tuesday 03: 190 lbs
    Sunday 08:
    Sunday 15:
    Sunday 22:
    Sunday 29:
  • HerbsandMore
    HerbsandMore Posts: 2,350 Member
    Options

August 2021

Sunday 8/1 - 162
    Sunday 8/8
    Sunday 8/15
    Sunday 8/22
    Sunday 8/29
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Wanting to put in a real effort to start the Fall with a trend in the right direction. See you all back here next Sunday. :)

Sunday 8/1 - 183.0
    Sunday 8/8
    Sunday 8/15
    Sunday 8/22
    Sunday 8/29
  • TXRebelle
    TXRebelle Posts: 139 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    It was a frustrating week for me. I raised my calories just a little, kept my carbs super low and stayed below my burn but ended up gaining THREE and a half pounds. I lowered my calories back down yesterday and lost 1.5 of that so I ended the week still up TWO pounds. ARGH. My body is so crazy. I even gave up nuts and cheese!

08/01: 164
    08/08: 166 :p

• HerbsandMore
    Options

August 2021

Sunday 8/1 - 162
    Sunday 8/8 - 160.7
    Sunday 8/15
    Sunday 8/22
    Sunday 8/29
  • TXRebelle
    TXRebelle Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    08/08: 166
    08/15: 164 :) Glad to be back where I was...

Have a great week!
  • HerbsandMore
    Options
    August 2021

Sunday 8/1 - 162
    Sunday 8/8 - 160.7
    Sunday 8/15 - 159.8
    Sunday 8/22
    Sunday 8/29
  • cherie8525
    cherie8525 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    August 2021

Sunday 8/1
    Sunday 8/8
    Sunday 8/15 155.2
    Sunday 8/22
    Sunday 8/29

I ate something non keto, it was a small creemie, It use to be a summer treat, on a rough hot day, I caved. It cause 3lb of inflammation in my body and took over a week to get it back off.. Insane how much my body dislike sugar and what ever chemicals were in it. I am so close to my goal weight of 150 which I have dreamed of for like 30 years. LOL Ironically the way my body looks, I will be able to get under 150
  • BeaKenney
    BeaKenney Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    TXRebelle wrote: »
    It was a frustrating week for me. I raised my calories just a little, kept my carbs super low and stayed below my burn but ended up gaining THREE and a half pounds. I lowered my calories back down yesterday and lost 1.5 of that so I ended the week still up TWO pounds. ARGH. My body is so crazy. I even gave up nuts and cheese!

08/08: 166 :p

Thanks for sharing as my mind goes the same way, "It's just a little, it can't hurt" and so on. Keep on truckin'.
  • HerbsandMore
    Options
    August 2021

Sunday 8/1 - 162
    Sunday 8/8 - 160.7
    Sunday 8/15 - 159.8
    Sunday 8/22 - 159
    Sunday 8/29
    I'm wondering if this site is still active, if so do any of you know if we can set up Net Carbs in our food diary & if so how do we do it?
  • UpNorthPat12
    UpNorthPat12 Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Hi - Premium Members can set up net carbs.... Here is the link to the support page where you can get info on how to do it if you are Premium (hope this works.... I haven't tried to insert a link before): https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032622531-Can-I-track-Net-Carbs-
  • HerbsandMore
    Options
    @UpNorthPat12
    Your link worked just fine, thanks. It is as I suspected you can only do it with your phone & my phone is so old they don't recognize it so I cannot download the app. I am a premium member but I have found most of the benefits come through the phone app. I wonder if I could get it on my tablet, maybe I'll give it a shot because I'm not buying a new phone just for this. Again, I appreciate your response, team seems to have gone quiet.
  • UpNorthPat12
    Options
    Maybe everyone will log in today since it's weigh-in. That's why I'm here! :) I just put it on the spreadsheet, though, and haven't summarized it on the thread. I'm a new member from about the second week of this month, but haven't been active on the team yet ... just out here checking in with weight on Sundays right now and will probably get gradually more involved.
  • HerbsandMore
    Options
    August 2021

Sunday 8/1 - 162
    Sunday 8/8 - 160.7
    Sunday 8/15 - 159.8
    Sunday 8/22 - 159
    Sunday 8/29 - 158
  • HerbsandMore
    Options
    That would be nice but they don't seem to use any part of this group, guess they just do the plan.
  • UpNorthPat12
    Options
    That would be nice but they don't seem to use any part of this group, guess they just do the plan.

You're doing well in August - congrats! A 4 pound loss which is super - right on track for that slow and steady thing. I've lost 7.8 pounds this month but really didn't get back on keto until late July so my starting # was a high point and when I first get on keto, there's that initial loss when weaning off carbs. But I'm still pleased. I'm sure it will slow down next month, which is okay. Do you test for your ketones, and if so, by what method?
  • HerbsandMore
    Options
    I used to with the strips & they worked for a time but don't work anymore. I test my blood with a finger prick to make sure it is so low. That is all I test, I don't see much sense in spending a fortune on items simply to test myself, I know some do & that is fine for them but I don't. As long as I'm losing & feeling good that is really all I care about.
    I'm not one that is super strict with everything, I enjoyed reading about how our bodies use fuel, something I never knew about before & really just stay away from processed foods & of course sugar, flour etc. I probably am more of a low carb person than Keto but when they I find with the low carb groups they always try to find away to get sweets in & I want to stay away from all of those except a few berries now & then with cream mostly.
  • UpNorthPat12
    Options
    I like to do berries, too - and we have raspberries in our garden so it's always a treat to pick a few fresh and nibble on them. Right now we're getting a second batch on the canes but I'm not sure if they're going to ripen before the cold sets in.

I enjoy listening to health podcasts, partly for the information and partly just to keep myself on track and inspired. And I'm amazed and so appreciative of how our bodies function when we listen to them!

I wonder if there's going to be a September "challenge" or not - I suppose we can just go to the spreadsheet and keep our weigh-in results there whether or not there's a September challenge chat thread.

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,950 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm not sure what happened to the OP but I made a challenge thread for October for you all to help you in your progress: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10845413/october-monthly-challenge-2021/p1?new=1
This discussion has been closed.