Cold Wind in August...

Options
UncleMac
UncleMac Posts: 12,920 Member
edited September 2021 in Social Groups
July ended in a rain storm and August began with a windy day here in Ottawa. For some reason, that reminded me of Van Morrison...

How is everyone's summer going? Are you meeting your fitness goals? Drinking enough water?

https://youtu.be/B2kmMohN-AE

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,231 Member
    Options
    No cold wind here. Just hot.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    Cooler here these last couple of days, so pleasanter to do some harder intervals on the river. (We did 7.5 times of 10 strokes hard, 10 strokes moderate, one quite-hot day (80s/90s F) a couple of weeks back, in honor of our three seat's 75th birthday that day, but that was special. Then we went out for brunch'n'beer to celebrate. 😉😋 The hot days are mostly moderate steady-state rows.)

I don't think I have fitness goals, but I'm having fun rowing, riding my bike, walking, so I guess that counts.

Funny you should ask about water: I've been trying to drink a bit more, even got an adorable little kids' edition (12 oz) Kleen Kanteen in purple to hook on my stylish fanny pack, on hot-day walks. The bigger one bounced around too much, was annoying.

I'm struggling a little getting back into a slightly more normal social life: Less practice, over the past year, in moderating restaurant and brew-pub temptations, so I'm needing to re-hone that skill set. I'm still being pretty conservative in behavior, but it's outdoor eating season here, so some things are possible that weren't much fun in Winter.

Oh, and farmers' market temptations: Fruit and veggies, sure . . . but one vendor on Saturday had Asian-style red bean buns and taro buns, in two-bun packages. I couldn't decide, so got a package of each. 😋 It's a good thing he didn't have any custard ones, or I'd still be in an Asian-bun coma. 😆 And I got a yummy vegetarian lentil curry pasty, too.