Mar trend: +0.5
April trend: -0.7
May trend: -0.3
June trend: -
July trend: -0.3
CW: 72.8
August GW: 72
Final GW: 71.0

I am going down but soooooo slowly. Actually I think it's a pretty good strategy, I'm almost maintaining but just creeping closer to maintenance at the same time, so hopefully it will get easier to stay there.

02/08: 72.8

Replies

• k8richly
    k8richly Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    48 yrs
    5' 3"
    CW 128
    GW 125
    GW for July 127

Aug 1 - 128lbs

I'm with you @Antiopelle - a very slow and steady loss is working for me too. Dropping one pound a month is perfect while I'm still staying fit and maybe putting on muscle. I have one more week on vacation so need to watch my diet until I get home and back to a routine.

August goals:
    - finish the darn pushup challenge : I keep stalling, not bc I can't do it but bc I'm disorganized and forget.
    - add the squat and plank challenge. Maybe if I do them all together I will remember!
    - so my regular 5km runs plus bootcamp 2× per week.
    - keep logging!
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    44 yrs
    5' 5"
    CW 136.9
    GW 135
    GW for July 135

I don't know what my goal weight is and I am very half-hearted (at best) about weightloss at this point. More focused on recomp and fitness and not drifting UP.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Hi again....

Life has continued to throw curve balls, and I'm trying my best to readjust my expectations of things (primarily around finances and income and what I can actually earn in this new-covid-economy), and the emotional turmoil that comes with all of that has been a bit of a roller coaster. Add in changing jobs, new jobs, new roles, new positions, new industries - I haven't been great in the food department since finishing up the 75 Hard challenge a few months ago.

As I attempt to accept my new reality and the massive set backs that come with it, I'm also attempting to regain control over my eating habits.

Stats:
    43 / F / 5' 7"

CW: 151.8
    GW: 135 and reassess

Goal for August is to consistently be in the 14X's even on high days. Ideally I'd like to see myself back in the 145 range, but that would be a stretch as I'm still determining my output vs intake with the new jobs at this point.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Glad to have you back @HoneyBadger302 ! I sincerely hope the setbacks have come to an end and that you will feel more control over your worklife.
  • HoneyBadger302
    Options
    Antiopelle wrote: »
    Glad to have you back @HoneyBadger302 ! I sincerely hope the setbacks have come to an end and that you will feel more control over your worklife.

Thanks - unfortunately the nearly 50% pay cut is still a major blow and about a 6-7 year set back that I am struggling to swallow - but, this is the reality I must succeed in, so trying to accept how things are and move forward. Thankfully, despite how much all of this bothers and depresses me, I'm still primarily a logic-driven individual and have made the best decisions I think I could given the circumstances.
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    My Livestrong challenges have stalled at day 19. I've been doing a lot of heavy work around the house to get it ready to put up for sale, mostly in the basement. Up and down the stairs many times a day, moving heavy tools and furniture, parging the walls, painting, boxing things up and moving the boxes around have all taken the place of squats, planks and pushups for now. We should be done with all of the basement work by the middle of next week so I think I'll get back into the challenges then.
  • wunderkindking
    edited August 2021
    Options
    44 yrs
    5' 5"
    CW (August 2) 136.9
    GW 135
    GW for August 135

I don't know what my goal weight is and I am very half-hearted (at best) about weightloss at this point. More focused on recomp and fitness and not drifting UP.

8-8: 134.2 <-- This looks alarmingly sharp from last week. It's not real. I can almost promise I'll be up to 136ish in 2 days. This is a 'my period started and also I'm kind of dehydrated' artificial low. I have one every month, somewhere. This one just happened to be on a weigh in day.
  • Antiopelle
    Options

BMI: 24,7
    Jan trend: -0.6
    Feb trend: +0.2

I am going down but soooooo slowly. Actually I think it's a pretty good strategy, I'm almost maintaining but just creeping closer to maintenance at the same time, so hopefully it will get easier to stay there.

09/08: 73.0 - Well, that's a disappointment. I did really well all week, and then suddenly some bad food choices over the weekend and there is a slap in the face. :disappointed:

This will, hubbie and I will walk a charity walk of 100 km (62 miles) over two days. Not sure we will get to the end, as we are getting pretty hot weather suddenly and I know my feet swell when I walk a lot in hot weather. We'll see how that goes.
  • wunderkindking
    Options
    44 yrs
    5' 5"
    CW (August 2) 136.9
    GW 135
    GW for August 135

8-8: 134.2 <-- This looks alarmingly sharp from last week. It's not real. I can almost promise I'll be up to 136ish in 2 days. This is a 'my period started and also I'm kind of dehydrated' artificial low. I have one every month, somewhere. This one just happened to be on a weigh in day.

9-9: Updating this soley for myself and illustrative purposes. Okay weight has steadied out at 135.5. That's more in line with expectations.
  • Thisbeslament
    Thisbeslament Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Welp, I managed to hit my GW for July but now I'm stuck fluctuating in the 119-120 range. I've increased my calories (1100 to about 1300/day) and it honestly seemed to help but with the heat of August and super humidity I'm not as active outdoors as I was. The other issue is not letting calories get away from me. (why is snacking so easy?!) but writing this down does seem to help so:
    42 yrs, 5'1"
    CW 119.8
    Aug GW 118
    overall GW 115
    I need to increase protein and decrease sugary snacks. Labs in two months for ferritin and cholesterol. I got this!
  • k8richly
    Options
    48 yrs
    5' 3"
    CW 128
    GW 125
    GW for July 127

Aug 1 - 128lbs?
    Aug 10 - 130 dammit

Home from my travels and back to my scale. Sigh While I stayed super active doing all sorts of hikes, walks and paddleboarding, it looks like I let my eating get away from me a wee bit, especially the last day. I really hope this is bloat and easy to get rid of because I worked so hard to get below 130lbs. It's crazy how it can take months to lose 2 pounds but you can gain it back in a day. Grrr.

But I'm back to my routine (although that also means sitting at my desk more) and I'm resolved to get back at it.

@Antiopelle that's a crazy fun challenge of a walk! Let us know how it goes!
  • HoneyBadger302
    Options
    Fat week here, have not been good about food. Mentally a really rough week, and had no motivation to deal with being hungry on top of everything else.

Stats:
    43 / F / 5' 7"

CW: 151.8
    GW: 135 and reassess

8/13: 153.6
  • jackkro
    jackkro Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I"m new to the group.
    I"m not overweight but I have gained about 15 pounds in the last 2 years - menopause and COVID! Trying to work on losing it it, and I am struggling.I'm still fighting the effects of a broken foot from almost 2 years ago, that has slowed me down a great deal.

Stats:
    53/F/5'8"
    Current weight:155
    GW - 145

• k8richly
    Options
    48 yrs
    5' 3"
    CW 128
    GW 125
    GW for Aug 127

Aug 1 - 128lbs
    Aug 10 - 130 dammit
    Aug 15 - 129.5

I've lost .5 lbs this week, but it's not even where I started the month, so I really have some work to do. Must control my portions!!! My hip and back have started bugging me again because I'm back from vacation and sitting more at my desk. I need to move around during the day as much as possible! And stretch. And not eat mindless snacks. And do the darn pushup challenge. And go for more runs

Voila my to do list for the rest of August!
  • majoki
    majoki Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    44 years old
    5'11" (180.3cm)
    April SW: 176.5 lbs
    May SW: 174.9 lbs
    June SW: 172.8 lbs
    July SW: ~170 lbs
    Mid-August SW: ~168.5 lbs
    Goal: 160-165 lbs

Goals were to continue working out and count calories.
    I have continued to regularly workout, no problem.
    I have fallen off of tracking calories... I eat the same things a lot, so it's been okay, but I'd still like to make my way closer to 160. I need to recommit to tracking what I'm eating!
    Happy August!
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    BMI: 24,7
    Jan trend: -0.6
    Feb trend: +0.2

09/08: 73.0 - Well, that's a disappointment. I did really well all week, and then suddenly some bad food choices over the weekend and there is a slap in the face. :disappointed:
    This week, hubbie and I will walk a charity walk of 100 km (62 miles) over two days. Not sure we will get to the end, as we are getting pretty hot weather suddenly and I know my feet swell when I walk a lot in hot weather. We'll see how that goes.
    16/08: 74.0 - The disappointment just became even greater. Yes, I did move a lot last week, but I also made some pretty crappy food choices. I just hope and pray there is a ton of water in this number as some of my muscles are sore from the charity walk. Speaking of which: it was great fun!! Day one, I completed the 50k nicely and tallied 60.000 steps in one go. However, the second day when waking up at 06h00 am, by body was so sore I could hardly move. On top of that I noticed blood filled blisters on my feet, which I didn't feel the day before as I was still loaded on adrenaline. Hubby started and I followed by bike; he did complete the full 100k ! So proud of him :love:
    But anyhow, I need to pull my act together and start to reasses my food intake, especially since we start a two week break on Friday. We are going to the Netherlands, in a little cabin at the sea to do some serious diving. I usually lose weight during those as we are mega active, so I simply have to do this ! I have to. Do this. Period.
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    k8richer wrote: »
    48 yrs
    5' 3"
    CW 128
    GW 125
    GW for Aug 127

Aug 1 - 128lbs
    Aug 10 - 130 dammit
    Aug 15 - 129.5

I've lost .5 lbs this week, but it's not even where I started the month, so I really have some work to do. Must control my portions!!! My hip and back have started bugging me again because I'm back from vacation and sitting more at my desk. I need to move around during the day as much as possible! And stretch. And not eat mindless snacks. And do the darn pushup challenge. And go for more runs

Voila my to do list for the rest of August!

I feel you, it is difficult when sitting at a desk all day, but you can do it !
    jackkro wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I"m new to the group.
    I"m not overweight but I have gained about 15 pounds in the last 2 years - menopause and COVID! Trying to work on losing it it, and I am struggling.I'm still fighting the effects of a broken foot from almost 2 years ago, that has slowed me down a great deal.

Stats:
    53/F/5'8"
    Current weight:155
    GW - 145

Welcome!!

A broken foot is no small thing. I broke my ankle in several places back in 2006 and it takes some years indeed before you are back to a 95% normal. Try to find some exercises that are gentle on the feet (biking, swimming) and remember that 80% of weight management is the calories in - I should preach that to myself at this moment though. Take care!
  • wunderkindking
    Options
    44 yrs
    5' 5"
    CW (August 2) 136.9
    GW 135
    GW for August 135

8-9 was bounced up to 135.5 as expected.

8-16 - back down to 134.2 only this time it's been there several days running and is 'real'.
  • k8richly
    Options
    @Antiopelle 60,000 steps in a day has to be a new record! No wonder you were sore. I'm sorry to hear about the blisters. I bet that knocked you out for a few days. Hang in there!
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    Thanks @k8richer . Meanwhile, I've lost the extra kilo, so it was probably just water weight from the sore muscles. Yeah ! :blush: