Aug 11 - 17

Lastchancelj
Lastchancelj Posts: 1,340 Member
AVGLW - 232.2
AVGTW - 231.6

Such a rollercoaster. It's down so I'll take it and celebrate it. I’ve eaten A LOT of fruit. Eek. Last night was a blow up…well ate some fruit but then followed and ended with a pb and banana sandwich. My tummy was so upset the rest of the night. I still fell like it’s packed in my belly. And the number is up from yesterday. But I’ve opted to go with the avg weight vs daily.

Sarah – so good to see your update. Not abnormal to have the hesitancy to go too fast (remember me - the queen of accidents - had TONS of hesitancy afterwards). I’m sure the plastics guy will be able to blend it well. Hopefully you’re just experiencing bruising in your mouth and no damage to the teeth themselves. I've got good vibes for you!!

Busy busy day today. But I wanted to log before my day was over. I'll check back

Replies

• Lastchancelj
    Oh Sheesh - I started watching Ted Lasso yesterday after seeing your post. It's cute!
  • SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,971 Member
    LW: 131.6
    TW: 131.6

Man, I have never been so grateful to be the same weight as the previous week. :) Those days when it jumped up to 133.6 did not feel good.

Sheesh, I went back to capture my weight and looked at the photo again. I love that your granddaughter has one of those blood sugar monitors on her arm. My neighbor who developed type 1 diabetes as an adult has one on her stomach. She says it has made her life much easier. If I'm correct, she also no longer has to use needles to give herself insulin. So much good progress in that area. Hubby got a call from his doc this morning to tell him that his blood sugar levels are edging up and that she is changing his meds. He does not have to take insulin yet, but if he doesn't quit eating big bowls of ice cream . . .

I was appalled when I looked at my average daily steps over the past 7 days. I was holding around 9K per day for several weeks, and then boom--I'm at a third of that. So my goal is to get more activity. I know I can't push it. When I do, my nose begins to throb and various other places hurt, but I have to just do something consistently to get back in the groove.

Late last night I heard from a friend in Kansas who fell while walking earlier in the evening. She stumbled over a rock and landed up in the ER with a broken elbow and a broken ankle. I'm sure she would trade my broken nose those.

Lois, I'm so glad you have the Disney World trip coming up. Having something to look forward to is so important and for me, it helps me keep myself in a somewhat positive head space. We were supposed to go to San Francisco next month, but I think we will once again postpone that trip. We were supposed to go last September but had to postpone it due to COVID. We may not go that far, but I hope that once my face is somewhat presentable we can get somewhere for a short get away. Truly, I am glad this happened now rather than when I was younger and cared far more about how I look. LOL

Kelly, I glanced at Winnipeg on the weather map this month and saw that you're in the 70's today, you lucky dog. I hope everything is going well and that you're still taking some time for yourself and not doing only for others.

Looking forward to everyone's posts. I will check back later. And in the coming week, I will post my progress with activity. Promising to do that here will help me get it done!
  • wiredkell
    wiredkell Posts: 689 Member
    Sorry I have been a bit MIA. This is the week when Shawn is gone to Calgary for the Ball Hockey Nationals so it's just me, 2 kids and 2 dogs. Busy with various stuff and work and household chores. And of course, as soon as the hubby leaves, the hot tub breaks. We managed to get the tech to come look at it and luckily it was a minor repair that was under warranty.
    Sorry I don't have much time to post, but I have read all of your posts that I missed and just know I'm thinking of you all! I'll post more when I get a chance. <3
  • GaGasheesh
    GaGasheesh Posts: 1,127 Member
    LW: 127.2
    TW: 126.6

I'll take it, but it's coming to me more slowly now. That's how it goes. Unless I cut my calories further it will just be slower. (You weigh less, you burn less :| )

We're meeting family in Oregon on August 25 for the boy's to go on a guided fishing trip (the girls will shop, lol) so I'm trying to get a bit more off so I can shop Lululemon shop there in a new size. Fingers crossed.

Lois, I know what you mean about too much fruit. My gosh, I think I'm a bit fructose intolerant. I don't think we need a lot of fruit, but maybe I'm wrong. Veggies are more agreeable for me.

Sarah, we have to be careful, but keep moving. I'm sure the "hesitant" feelings will pass with more time. Hope it's all going well with your healing, and potential surgery. . . still sending you the good thoughts. Post when you can.
  • wiredkell
    LW: 155
    TW: 154

That's in the right direction! Phew. Like I said before, for some reason Thursdays seem to be the best day for me to weigh in.

Sheesh - Ooh a shopping trip is always good motivation for sure! I think I've asked you before, but I can't remember your answer. Do you have a goal weight? I can't even imagine weighing in the 120's! I think my ultimate goal weight would be 140, but that would definitely take some dedication on my behalf. Honestly, if I just found a way to get more active, I could probably do it. Since I can remember, I've always hovered around the 150 mark though. I turn 40 this year, so maybe the 140 mark can be achieved?! lol

Lois - Ugh.. it's so annoying and frustrating when plans change unexpectedly. Especially when the prep work and groceries and planning have already been done. I think sometimes people forget that it's not always easy to have guests.

Sarah - I hope you're on the mend. Although it might be hard, try not to worry about the scars for now. Plastic surgeons can work wonders, once things are healed enough. Good for you for getting back to walking though! Who cares how slow you're going... the point is that you're still moving! Isn't that crazy that you know someone who did almost the same things as you?! Such a coincidence.

I'm at the office today and the kids are at home alone with the 2 dogs. They're used to staying alone at their Mom's on Mondays and Tuesdays, since she works at her office every day during the week. Shawn has to win his game tonight in order to make it into the playoff for his Ball Hockey tournament. If they lose, they're done. I don't know if they have decided yet if they'll leave if they're out or stay for a couple days to watch the rest of the tournament. Hopefully they can pull off the win today.

Have a great day all!
  • Lastchancelj
    Great job everyone!!!

Sarah I'm with Kelly that just take it easy and don't push too hard. You'll move when you're ready. I looked back at pictures from when I had my smashing event on the trail. Almost 9 years ago. My dr. friend thought I'd fractured my nose as well - just smashed it really good. The pics actually don't look too bad. My broken finger though looked gnarly and disgusting. My gouges all healed. You too will recover and will till look mahvelous dahling - I have faith in our plastics peeps...hopefully he'll look like Avery from Grey's Anatomy...lol. That will give you something to smile about...hhmm?? :wink: I love that your friends are showing how much they care. The little notes and such make a difference to the receiver and yes, especially since we aren't seeing/gathering with everyone, we need to make an extra effort...

Sheesh - I really want to find the commitment you have for holding to your workouts and such. I know I have it in me...I just need to find them again. I really am impressed. Have fun shopping!!

Kelly - great job! Stay focused. It is more about what you eat than movement. Movement helps, but eating is more important. I know when my hubby leaves I have mixed feelings...I love that I'm accountable to no one else (ok now MIL) but I also miss him when he's not here. In our almost 35 years we've hardly been away from one another but a couple of nights at time. You also have to remember we've had no adult life without each other... Good luck to Shawn and his team that they rock their games and WIN!!

I did get on the TM last night. We had another storm roll in, 80% humidity so all fans on full power and AC cranked to get it done. 1.53 miles...just under 40 mins. Today I opted to work from home. With the storms come headaches/potential migraines. Since I do have the option I thought it best to not drive - that way if it spikes I can take the rx and knock out. I also cancelled my hair appt for tonight - same reason. I really need it, but the reports don't show the storm being done. Today's high is only 91 but that high humidity is YUCK!! Turn on my AZ Dry Heat oven - PLEASE!! lol
  • wiredkell
    Great job on the TM Lois! I can't seem to find the motivation to get on that darn thing. I know I just need to find a routine that works for me, but it doesn't seem to be a priority at the moment. Like I keep saying, I'll get there eventually.
    It must really suck when the weather affects your mind and body! We're super chilly this morning here! 5 celsius which is 41F. Crazy! By tomorrow it's supposed to be back up to 35 C (95F). The temps swings around here would likely hurt you too!!

So Shawn lost his game last night and is on his way home today. I'm expecting that he won't be home until really late tonight, as it's a 13 hour drive. We're all sad for him that they lost, but I hope that he had a fun guys trip. One of his friends turned 50 out there, so hopefully they did it up right for him.

Not sure what we're going to do this week. We're both on vacation and I kept asking Shawn if we could plan to do SOMETHING but his mind was all on his trip for weeks. Even yesterday he said he didn't know I was on vacation this week.. like come on! I do have an old friend/coworker stopping in for a visit and to see our house tomorrow after lunch. He retired from the old place I worked up north close to 5 years ago. It'll be great to see him as it's been a couple years because of covid. We stay in touch online but it's not the same as getting that visit in.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • Lastchancelj
    Got on the dang TM again last night. Worked from home yesterday and cancelled my hair appt but since my head wasn't pounding when I finished work, I did get 1.5 on the TM. Not fast not special...just got it done. Still super humid 50-60+% and an Advil needing headache today as well, but it's not so deep as yesterday.

Kelly bummed that Shawn's team didn't win, but yay to him coming home. And yeah, guys just don't remember crap. I have to remind hubby almost hourly of what we're doing or planning. Enjoy your friend's visit. Find something to do around the house next week. Just enjoy one another.

Disney - 51 days and counting! Oh I did order new shoes for the trip. I was going to go with new Hokas but I opted for new Brooks. I can't run in the Hokas - though they're great for standing around...my old pair will probably work well. My outdoor runners, my Brooks GTS, those are worn down. The new ones should arrive in the next few days and I'll start wearing them on the TM. My current TM shoes are some UA shoes I bought many years ago when Sports Authority closed. They're ok, but I don't like them. They're not comfy. I couldn't see myself wearing them for any length of time. My old GTS - I lived in those - running/walking or even just shopping they were comfy. And I don't wear shoes from outside upstairs so once I wear them to Disney I'll be back to my UA on the TM. By then the weather will also be better here and hopefully I'll be back outside walking, trotting etc. and not as much time on the TM.
  • SarahMaxx
    Happy Friday, everyone!

Kelly, I had to chuckle about the vacation leave. When I was working fulltime and would take time off when we didn't have a trip planned, hubby would just look at me and ask "Are you off work?" Duh!! Honestly, it must be a male thing. Plan a few things that you can do with or without him and enjoy your visit with your coworker. I would love to see some of the people that I worked with when I was going into the office. They were like family almost because we spent so many nights and weekends there writing proposals. Hubby and I were just talking about one of the guys from the graphics department this morning. He had a designer cat that he would trust with no one but me. We would babysit this fella when Jeff and his wife went out of town. He finally had enough of the stress of federal contracting and took a job with a private company in Chapel Hill, NC.

Good for you, Lois, for getting on the TM. :smile: I think just getting on it helps to motivate us to do more. I was also on mine last night. Did a slow 2 miles, but I cranked up the speed up just a little bit from the day before and pushed on although I sure didn't feel much like it.

My intake was pretty good yesterday because we have a lot of fresh veggies and fruits around. And so of course the scale is up today. :/ But I'm getting used to the "makes no sense" changes in my weight. I do track daily to see patterns, but I go by the Wednesday weights I post here.

I did some volunteer work last night and since it's indoors, everyone was masked so I didn't feel odd. The super glue stuff is slowing coming off my nose and it's a little alarming to see how wide this gash is, but since this happened at night, it's really only day 9, so I'm not going to panic yet. I can breathe, although I am a little stuffy. And my nose looks rounder and wider at the tip, but I hope that improves.

I can't remember when Sheesh said she was headed to Portland. Sheesh, if you're checking in, I hope you have a wonderful time shopping and seeing family.

Well, hubby and I going to the CVS soon for tetanus vaccines (it's that time again) and I am still only half down the to-do list for today. So, for 2 days in a row, I've gotten more than 8K steps. My plan is to keep this rolling until next weigh in and to keep checking in here to stay accountable.

Have a lovely Friday. Stay cool. Say safe. <3

• GaGasheesh
    GaGasheesh Posts: 1,127 Member
    I'm here until August 25. Sorry to be somewhat MIA, but we've had so much going on. A friend of my daughter's wants to give her a baby shower, but she lives way up past Park City in a town called Heber. . around to the other side of the mountain. . she moved there when she got married. So, of course, she asked if I could have it at the club house here, which is fine. But, there is food involved for a brunch, so of course, I'm doing some of that. My other daughter wants to come, so secretly booked a flight here for that weekend. There's going to be a lot of traveling in my family this fall, and that makes me nervous.

My state passed a law prohibiting mask mandates in the schools, which the Salt Lake County Health Director put on hold, and mandated masks for kids under 12 years old who can't yet get vaccinated. The County Council planned to meet to vote on that (they have the power to overturn her order). I got involved in calling and emailing everyone I could to make my views known. As you know, we have a granddaughter with Type 1 diabetes, under 12, and who wants to go to school. They voted and overturned the order for masks. I really can't understand what some people are thinking. The numbers here are going up, and our ICU department is at 102% capacity. Hopefully, she will listen to her parents and wear her mask. School starts Monday. :/

Lois, good job getting on the TM . . I know it's so boring, lol. I did it today even though I've been in a bad mood all day. My trainer is coming tomorrow, and she's really struggling emotionally too. Her next door neighbor died from Covid Friday. She was a sweet woman maybe 70 years old with no health issues. My trainer is really upset because the neighbor on the other side influenced this woman to not get vaccinated or wear masks. It's beyond depressing. Her twin girls also start school tomorrow. What's going on with people? Anyway, I will be training with her tomorrow, so we'll probably cry together.

Sarah, it sounds like you're healing well, and you seem upbeat. (I'm sorry if I brought anyone down with this post.) Hope your healing continues, and that the plastic surgeon takes good care of you.

Kelly, it drives me crazy how it seems like men can't remember things . . . It always makes me feel like hubby doesn't care. But, I actually think it's because they just aren't good at holding multiple things in their mind. Women are much better at it. I once heard it's because we can use both sides of our brains simultaneously. . which, doesn't that mean they're half brained? LOL! To answer your question Kelly, my goal is to at least "see" 120 lbs again. Maybe I won't like it, but I want to see how I feel and look, and what size that will be. I'm always kinda between sizes, and I want to just get into the smaller one, lol.

I wish I could tell you what made me "get in the groove". My sister asked me that the other day when we talked. All I could think of is that I like it. Once I get into working out, it feels good and I don't want to lose that feeling and have to start over. I want to build on it. Also, I realized it doesn't take that much time. One hour isn't all that much of our bodies and health to ask of us. And that doesn't even have to be every day. As far as food intake, I've found that intermittent fasting and logging food makes it so easy to keep the calories under control. You get used to it, and it becomes a habit.

Sorry for the long post. I'll be back Wed for weigh in.

• SarahMaxx
    Sheesh, I love long posts. They're like little visits. :) And I'm trying to be upbeat, but I do have my moments when I struggle with that. My scar is actually not looking that bad, but the shape and size of my nose is not the same. And I'm not sure how the break is healing. It still hurts to wear glasses, or to bend over, or to move too quickly. So I think the break has not healed yet. I see the plastic surgeon again a week from Friday.

And gosh darn--my weight is really up today. Since I can't walk at the speed or incline that I'm used to, I may have to try to cut calories more, but that's so hard to do. I hope that I'm soon able to walk my hilly 3 mile route again. Yesterday, I walked past the spot where I fell for the first time. Hubby and I decided to get those grabber things that let you pick up things without touching them or bending over so much so we can pick up trash in the neighborhood. Litter makes me crazy. I can't even imagine throwing trash on the ground, but it seems like that value is not taught anymore. It seems like people just do whatever is easy for them. So we walked all around the playground and tennis court and the pool parking lot and picked up a lot of candy wrappers and bottle caps. I was surprised and pleased that we found only one disposable mask. Anyway, we also walked around our cul-de-sac and out to the street. You can still see lots of blood stains on the sidewalk! :o But now, I am over my fear of walking out to that spot.

As far as activity goes, I have made the minimum 8K steps every day since Wednesday although my burn is far less than when I was chugging up hills.

A few minutes ago, I got flowers and balloons delivered from my CDC STAR (Science Translation and Response) team with a note that I am missed. I hope they miss me enough to find some money for us part-timers again. ;) I have this feeling that my Medicare and Part G are not going to cover a lot of my medical expenses. If they won't cover a DPT vaccine, I don't think they are covering scar reduction. Medical care in this country is not what it should be.

Kelly and Lois, hope you both had a nice weekend and a good start to this week. Lois, I feel for you with those hot, hot temps. We are getting a break due to the hurricane coming in south of us, but the prediction is for 5 cloudy and sometimes wet days, which can mess with one's spirits.

Well, I am going down a check list again and the day is moving by fast. Looking forward to hearing from everyone.
  • Lastchancelj
    Happy Monday everyone!!

Sheesh - I loved reading your post. Like Sarah said it's almost like a visit. Men can't remember crap...at least my hubby cannot and from the sounds of it, it's with most of your guys as well. I'm not sure why but I have to remind mine routinely and repeat so many things...even things he's happy and excited about.

Sarah - I'm glad you're out and about and healing is underway. The mental side of the fall may take a bit and the comfort level to push may be slow going, but do what you're able as you're able. And, I'm sorry to say, your poor nose is not going to be healed up quite yet. But I've been there...when I fell so many years ago, my nose hurt so bad when I wore my glasses for a few weeks (I'm as blind as a bat without them) and I'd only bruised my nose, no break. So sixish weeks anticipate the discomfort. At least you can have a timeline for it to be somewhat "over".

Kelly - I'm hoping you and Shawn are doing something fun with your vacation time.

I was good about the TM on Thurs/Fri and Sat. Friday night was cut short just after a mile as a sales person needed me and I had to jump back into work mode for some "legal" issue. (It's now in the hands of our attorney - which I was hoping to get to him before he left on Friday). All is well, it's handled. But I did not get back on afterwards. I got in just over a mile. And, I even got on and went 45 mins on Saturday morning - right outta bed. I even forgot my daily weigh in I was that focused to get going and not change my mind. (ok..after I brushed my teeth) But I got in the time. Saturday my other daughter, Audrey, came up and brought her half sister who is visiting for their dad's memorial that will be held this weekend. Anyway, the three of us went to get a pedicure. I had an ingrown on my right foot (last time the girl cut that nail way too short). It was painful on the TM so I wanted to get it taken care of. Well, we had noon appts and they were mahvelous (ok..NOT the removal of the ingrown, but the rest of it). Because of that pedi and the ingrown, my toe was quite sensitive on Sunday so I did not attempt the TM at all (lots of alcohol and peroxide dousing of the toe. It's feeling much better today so I'll jump on after work.

Friday night I was so exhausted - hubby came up to say goodnight and then I noticed some lightning. So I took a Zquil on top of my melatonin. Well it knocked me out. Apparently two huge storm systems came through and hubby actually called me from the backyard to come help him as our patio had "flooded", the water was almost to the patio door he said. We do have a drainage problem that no one's been able to figure out since we moved in 25+ years ago. We have pond pumps we set up that run out to the sides and to the front. Well, I guess the rain came so fast/furious the poor little pumps had their work cut out for them. Anyway, the Zquil worked because I didn't hear the phone AT ALL. So hubby had to deal with it all by himself while I slept blissfully. We're having some work done in the back and I've asked the landscaper to dig a well back there for the 10 days it rains so hard here. We're working on options. Temps drop but then humidity is 80%. I don't think we've been below 60% in a couple of weeks.

With the fruit being so delicious last week, I ordered again from Costco this week. I ordered plums and our normal blueberries and mangoes. YUM. I sliced up several plums and they are sweet and crunchy. I also ordered some sugar snap peas and baby carrots for snacking and munching. So we've been enjoying those the past couple of days. The mangoes aren't quite ready, but we had two from last week that are super sweet. That's about all of the meal prep I've done for me. Hubby and mom have their chicken, eggs and rice.

OK - WARNING BEFORE READING THIS PARAGRAPH - I'M JUST PUTTING MY THOUGHTS OUT TO MY FRIENDS.... FEEL FREE TO SKIP IT BUT FOR MY EMOTIONAL WELL-BEING - I HAVE TO PUT IT OUT HERE
    Unlike you ladies, I do have mixed thoughts on the masking and such. I don't want to get into a political debate, because that's not what it's about. I have these discussions with hubby almost daily. I don't like that the FDA has not fully backed the vaccine. I did receive the vaccine as did my mother in law. I normally don't get the flu vaccine - that's my choice and I take the risk. The ads about payment and such to get the vaccine is NOT helping getting the right siders to get behind the vaccine at all. I'm just saying. And, my friends in the medical field, they're vaccinated - so even tho they should be protected - they don't trust the vaccine. They're not seeing anyone either because the younger kids go to school and they can't be vaccinated. I chose the vaccine because I have asthma issues that you ladies aren't fully aware of. My lungs still have smoker's scarring...they are not the healthiest since my parents smoked...I have 2nd hand smoke damage/issues. To this day, my lungs still have issues and my parents have been dead for 25+ years (lung cancer both of them). During some of my asthma episodes I took many "black label" medications, so the vaccine didn't "scare" me or cause me to believe it's whatever. I've personally taken and survived many drugs that could have caused me to die from taking them. Many are no longer on the market..so hhhmm.. eeek? I decided the vaccine was right for ME. At any rate, we can't have just one side of a view and it does trouble me sometimes to read the posts. I'm just sharing as I don't want to talk to hubby at night when he gets into this and sometimes I don't want to read/participate in some of the conversations on this here on our pages. I finally had to say something so I hope you won't argue with me or try to get to change my view. I'm in the middle. I'm not as far left as you all are and I'm not as far right as some of my other friends/family and it's really a struggle. So please, before posting more, please think about me and the distress I'm feeling. I'm sorry. I don't watch the news - AT ALL because honestly I can't handle it. I am however, ALL for the other childhood vaccinations, just not the annual "viral" stuff that never seems to be the "right strain" ever. I know people who have had mild cases and I know people who have had horrible cases and even a couple that have passed from it being a contributor.

I care about you ladies and our friendship. Forgive me if I offended any of you as that was not my intent. Emotionally I'm in a big struggle right now...there I've said it for the first time...

• Lastchancelj
    Had a rough afternoon yesterday - emotions all over the place - in case you couldn't tell from the above post...sorry.

So here's a funny story from our pedicure time. Audrey, her sister and I are all enjoying our feet time. This lady comes in and is speaking to the owner that her nails are too long and she needs them shortened...and they're too long because they didn't get cut short enough when she had a manicure.... wait for it.... TWO WEEKS AGO. So the owner is trying to explain to her and she's not hearing any of it. So he sits her down and proceeds to trim, file and shape her fingernails - for FREE! Then she decides to do a pedicure. I'm in the process of the parafin wax application, and she asks about it and I tell her it's blissful and a MUST for every pedi...and she tells the gal, that she wants that...and then no, just a basic pedi - the $20 version. Now I know not everyone budgets for their feet time..and I don't do this weekly etc, however, I didn't feel that she was doing the basic to save money, I think she was going to ask for more services added on - for free...but then my toes were painted and almost dry so we left and I don't know the ending. But seriously, to go back after TWO WEEKS and say her nails are too long. I'm getting my hair done tonight...wonder if Julie will do it for free because it's less than 10 weeks since my last visit. HAhAHAHA. Anyhow, I had to add a funny.

Thank you ladies and I hope you don't kick me out. :)