Aug 18 - 24

Options
Lastchancelj
Lastchancelj Posts: 1,312 Member
AVGLW - 231.6
AVGTW - 232.0
LW - 232.5
TW 231.1

So with the using an average, it's up (and I missed I think just one day of stepping on the scale) ...but down if I use the daily weight for the past Wednesday. So I guess for me, I'm going to list both options. I believed I had done fairly well with intake. Even over the weekend, we weren't too junkish in our choices of food orders. I've had a crazy emotional week - just feeling overwhelmed and out of sorts and really missing our friends.

I got my hair done last night (rescheduled from last week) - and while preparing for the first shampoo, I tilted my head too far back and *kitten*-eyed that I triggered my vertigo. Fortunately this was early into our three hour tour and appointment. However, even a couple of hours later I was still walking liking a drunken sailor so my friend and her son drove me and my car home (It's maybe a 15 min drive at night). Anyhow, I made it home safely. Woke this morning and while it's not quite as severe as last night, for everyone's safety, I opted to not drive to Scottsdale for our quarterly employee meeting. And I'm so sad. My hair looks Mahvelous Dahling...really even for being day one after color/cut and it's at Top Golf where they're going to be hitting the golf balls after the main meeting. I'm so bummed - I was looking forward to this meeting. So I'm going to be joining via Zoom. Zoom Zoom Zoom...by dear old friend. The good news is that it's not severe enough at the moment to go to PT and have it rolled back in, so I may have moved it enough last night and praying that it settles more if I don't move my head too much. I swear between vertigo and migraines - I'm screwed.

Replies

• SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    LW: 131.6
    TW: 132.0

Sorry to be late logging in. It has been a little rough of a day. My nose is hurting more than it did in previous days and my front teeth have been aching a bit, too. I need to get to the dentist for x-rays, but one thing I struggle with is "avoidance." If I think I might get bad news, it's hard for me to get moving. It's a bad habit I need to break. Anyway, I was not feeling good at all earlier today and so hubby and I decided to drive up to Frederick, a smaller town about 30 minutes northwest of us, and hit their Costco. The old "just get out of the house" therapy. But on the way, the rain started pouring down, and eventually traffic stopped and we could see ambulances and fire trucks ahead. We had taken the back road up that is only two lanes with no shoulders, so the cops forced traffic to take a turn down a road that seemed to veer off into nowhere. We finally decided to just turnaround, come back the way we came and head home. Once home, I took some Aleve, grabbed a cup of coffee and my new book and settled in for a while. That was a good thing because I soon felt a lot better, and I actually took the neighbor's dog for a nice walk in the super hot and humid air that makes this place feel like a Louisiana swamp! :p I think that tropical storm is finally moving through.

Per activity, I did get a minimum 8K steps every night since last Wednesday, so I feel good about that. But until I can move around more (I move more slowly now even when doing normal chores) I am going to have to watch my intake more carefully. I don't want to start creeping up a half pound at a time.

I did not hear from my walking buddy last week when she was due back from her vacation and I haven't quite felt up to fast walking on hard floors (vibrations still hurt) so I have not even contacted her yet to let her know what happened. The mall should be closing soon for redevelopment to start, so we have precious little time left in that venue.

Lois, I'm sorry to hear that you've hit a rough patch, too. Hopefully this week will bring less pain and happier frames of mind for us all.

Sheesh and Kelly, looking forward to hearing how things are going for you.
  • GaGasheesh
    GaGasheesh Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    LW: 126.6
    TW: 125.4

Hurray, I'm getting closer to my goal, BUT just in time to go on a trip. Oh well.

Lois, that vertigo is awful, and migraines. . Ugh. But, your hair is done . . so yay! Sorry you missed Top Golf though. That's a fun place. I hope you feel better, and congratulations on the reduction. I decided Tuesday that I really needed a haircut and color before I go out of town, but in calling my guy, he's having hernia surgery tomorrow, and was totally booked. He's great, so I'm gong to send him something for his recovery. I've been going to him for over 30 years, and we're good friends. I hope he does well with the surgery. <3

Sarah, your drive to Costco (almost) sounds like an adventure, lol. At least you were able to get out of the house. Sorry you're still in pain . . sucks. You're healthy and will heal fast. And good job with the 8K steps . . which is amazing considering your injury.

We had unbelievable thunderstorms and heavy rain today. It was our trash pick up day, so of course the truck left the lids on trash and recycling open, and the rain was pouring in like a faucet was on in the whole sky. So, hubby ran out to get the containers into the garage, and right when he did a HUGE lightening strike with simultaneous, loud thunder happened!! I was so upset with him. . good grief. Getting the trash containers isn't that important!

I'm late getting on because I had 2 playdates and also worked out. We'll have family zoom tonight. Looking forward to chatting with everyone.
  • Lastchancelj
    Options
    Sarah I'm sorry you're still feeling the pain. Hopefully that will soon subside. When do you see the plastics guy? And please make that appt with the dentist today. We still have that "swamp" feeling here. This year seems worse than previous years. Still at 50%ish humidity and evening storms. I can't run the AC enough to dry us out indoors either. It's just everywhere.

Sheesh - GREAT job with the loss!!! You are an inspiration. Boys and thunder and lighting. My hubby is about the same...hey let's go outside and watch or float in the pool and watch. What?!?!

My DIL had her biopsy on Tuesday and is doing well. Her mom also had her breast tumor removed on Monday and so far is doing well. We won't have results on either for a week or so. Fingers crossed they are both ok and that DIL does not have thyroid issues. Or maybe she does and they can get her on the right rx so she can get preggie with baby #2. They've been trying and don't know if this is one of the reasons it's not happening. So fingers crossed we have answers

Still dealing with slight vertigo - not yet comfy getting behind the wheel and not enough out of place for the treatment. Yesterday was a serious challenge to work with the vertigo. I never really gave myself credit for how much brain power I use and focused I am for my job. I was getting overwhelmed at some standard stuff yesterday. Just couldn't focus and respond timely or thoroughly. Event his morning, I felt overwhelmed when seeing my emails. I had an attorney call at 9 that I had to prepare for that took me longer than normal...however, I was ready on time...just felt weird to feel any pressure to get ready - as if I was missing something. Anyway

And, I discovered that Uber Eats delivers Starbucks (door dash does not). Hubby was happy because I ordered him a breakfast sandwich (and he didn't have to drive out to get it) to meet the minimum for free delivery or their "too small order fee".
  • Lastchancelj
    Options
    Happy Monday Ladies!!

I'm hoping everyone had a good weekend. I know I did. I got to see all three grandkids on Saturday!! Boy they just makes me happy to see them. Cam and Kelsie came up and then my son and dil brought Rhea up too!! It was funny - the three haven't been together since Christmas of 2019 (Rhea was just over a year old). Rhea was timid around them and Kelsie was jealous of Rhea and didn't want her to touch any of the pool toys. But Rhea mimicked Kelsie - even as far as putting on goggles in the pool. And then she didn't want to take them off when she got out of the pool. Lots of fruits were consumed (I tell ya these grandkids love their fruit). Sunday my brother coordinated a family zoom night so I got to see my little brother and all three of my older sisters and a cousin. It was fun to see everyone. My family (brothers/sisters that is) are so hard to round up. But oh boy it was fun.

I did attempt to make good choices all last week so I'm hoping to continue that through the next couple of days. Humidity is still so high and my ac can't seem to get it down. I can't wait for these storm systems to pass on by. I swear we're not used to this humidity.

MIL cardiology appt from a few weeks ago has her on lasix. Her ankles aren't swelling but they said she's retaining water somewhere so we started that. And her WBC was low, but she's not showing any signs of a viral infection or anything so they're watching that. I called and texted her primary and asked him if he needs to see her...pending a response but not worried. She was downstairs all afternoon while the grandkids were here. Another reason to have them over, maybe we can keep her awake a bit more if they are visiting.

Friday night hubby woke me up to show me a new belt that had come in - HE PASSED. He is now a 6th degree black belt and soon to be a master candidate. I need to start a gofundme page hahaha.

Oh and I went to gas my 4Runner and click click click...dead battery. So I filled the Corolla and made an appt for Thursday to get the battery and oil and stuff done. Thank goodness for the spare car. I do not have time until Wednesday afternoon/Thursday to address this. I have to be on the other side of town tomorrow morning and Mondays are just too insane. This 4Runner has only cost me batteries, tires and oil for the most part. I love my 319k vehicle!!

Ok. Monday is crazy but I was too busy yesterday to share any exciting news. Have a great week and I'll check back when I can.
  • wiredkell
    wiredkell Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    LW: 154
    TW: 154

That TW weigh in was from the 19th, I just didn't post on here as I wasn't on my computer at all since I was on vacation. I expect it'll be up this week or much the same, but we'll see.

I've been a little up and down on my moods lately. Sad summer is over, but at the same time I'm really done with it. I'm more sad it's over as I don't really feel like I got to do much this year. It's my first summer not having my 6 days off like I did when I worked up north, so maybe that's why. Our vacation days together last week were good. We went golfing with the kids and went to some car races. We got a bunch of shopping done and basically just relaxed. It was a good break before things get nutty here right away.

Hockey is starting up for the kids and Shawn, with Ella starting her first ice time this weekend for a camp. School starts September 8th here, but we're waiting for more info on if it'll be a staggered start again or what. They just announced today that they are mandating masks in all schools for our province. All school staff, health care workers, day care staff, prison guards and all government employees) staff have to be fully vaccinated by October 31 or they have to be tested 3 times a week. Always a good debate topic ;) Our kids were planning on wearing their masks anyway. They think it's the easiest thing they can do and are wanting to do it if it means they get to see friends and family. Also, Tyler is now considered fully vaccinated and although Ella isn't 12 until December, they approved those born in 2009 in our province to get vaccinated, so she has had her first shot. They were both happy to get them.

On top of hockey and school, we have both kids birthdays (October and December). Tyler is pretty much past having parties, but I'm sure we'll do something for him. Both kids missed their birthday parties for 2 years already, so with Ella turning 12 I hope we can do something! Then there's Halloween and Christmas and I'm sure something else last minute that will pop up. Like I said, it's always a nutty time of year.

Sheesh - Have a great time on your trip!

Lois - Congrats to your hubby for getting his 6th degree black belt! I don't have a clue what that means though lol You mentioned GoFundMe.. so I take it there is some sort of expense in all of this??

Sarah - I hope things are more on the mend since the 18th when you posted. Awesome to hear about you and your friend picking up garbage!! We do that around out neighbourhood too. Imagine if everyone picked up a couple pieces and just tossed them out.