What's On Your Mind Today?

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
This is where you can share what's on your mind. Recipes, ideas, workouts, anything that you think might be helpful to others.

Maybe, you've tried something that has worked for you in the past and would like to share it with the group. Maybe, you have a NSV (Non Scale Victory) that you would like to share with the group. Anything that you feel comfortable sharing or anything that you feel comfortable asking the group with help....this is the place to come.

The GOOD!! What NSV did you have this week!!
The BAD!! So what....you ate the whole thing!!
The UGLY!! That darn scale went through the window this week....it deserved it too!!

So, what's on your mind today??

Replies

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Thank you @DebyS137 that is a great looking banner!
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Options

~ Welcome ~ AND ~ Thanks ~
  • misslindeena
    misslindeena Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What on my mind today? Foremost, thank you for this group challenge. It just feels like what I need. I have a bit of nerves/fear - and I'm wondering what to do before I start the UAC (since I am not active in mfp yet). Er... I'm wondering how many excuses I am going to come up with for wriggling out of this.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    Welcome @misslindeena !! I might suggest to work on developing the habit of tracking everything you eat or drink, (logging your food in your food diary every day). When I first started, it took me a several days to make that a HABIT! 😆 I look forward to getting to know you!
  • cherie8525
    cherie8525 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    @misslindeena
    suggestion, Start writing down all the excuses/ thoughts your mind comes up with for wriggling out of moving.

I use this tip when I went keto. It was fascinating what my thoughts would tell me as a reason to go off and eat non keto choices.

with exercise, when my mind starts, I bargain, if you really don't want, go for min of 3=5 min and if you still don't want to.. don't. 96% of the time once I started I kept going.

I am excited to find a active group! All gearing up to Jump in. Today I will be back out in the garden and pulling beds were no longer harvesting from, prepping for fall plantings. It suppose to get super hot, up in the 90's so I wll be heading out to play with my horse before the heat hits, then into gardens.

tuf6qnjqbu2c.png

This works pretty good for forming new habits

• Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    Welcome @SunnyDays60 and @cherie8525 !! We have a few people in this group who use Habit Trackers very successfully! :smile: Thanks for sharing this one - it's beautiful! :heart:
  • cherie8525
    cherie8525 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Enjoy, happy coloring ;) Have an amazing day! I am off to play outside.
  • misslindeena
    Options
    @cherie8525 and @Mrs_Hoffer - thank you both so much for your suggestions. I especially like your suggestion cherie to list all my excuses. A big reason is because I'm not happy with my work. So today and yesterday I applied for 5 jobs. With a 6th one to drop off my resume and cover letter.

I am wanting this group to help me get some purchase. I've been slipping and sliding for over a month - and gained 15 pounds. Some will be water, but nevertheless. It's crazy.
  • misslindeena
    Options
    Where can I get a nice habit tracker like that?
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    @misslindeena Yesterday I was able to copy the above "image" of her habit tracker and then "pasted" it onto a word doc and printed it. Viola'. If you're on a laptop or desktop, you can right click on her image above, and click "copy image". Then go to a blank work doc (or googledoc), and right click and then click "paste". See if that works for you.

OR.... you can also google "free habit trackers" or "free monthly habit trackers" and find all sorts of wonderful stuff!! :lol:
  • misslindeena
    Options
    @Mrs_Hoffer - I'll do that. I was checking if you recommended a site for nice trackers. But the save and paste option will do just fine. Thank you! 🎀
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,610 Member
    Options
    Where do we post our daily info? I think I see September’s but like nothing from yesterday
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,610 Member
    Options
    Lol sorry I just realized it’s for September so the august info is somewhere else
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    @bookienj I am not sure if you can view this link or not without joining the August group, but below is the August 26 page where people will be posting their updates for today. Inside each monthly group is a thread for each day where people post their updates for that day.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10838913/august-26#latest
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    @cherie8525 She's beautiful!!!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    bookieNJ wrote: »
    Lol sorry I just realized it’s for September so the august info is somewhere else

@bookieNJ you're welcome to join us in our August group, take a look around, get to know us, and begin posting in order to work on cementing the "habit" of checking in and posting daily. Just know that you're not eligible for the Winner's Circle or the Champions List for August :) Just click the link below and be sure to click JOIN.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/141082-ultimate-accountability-challenge-august-2021