Goals for September
    Drink 8 glasses of water a day
    Meditate everyday at least 10 minutes
    Try yoga at least once a week
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    seilidhe wrote: »
    9/1/2021 (a new month! Holy moly... we're almost to the end of the year!)

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. Okay, I think I hit about 30!
    Did I track everything? Yes! I did!
    Did I stay within my calorie goals? Wait for it..... YES!!!!
    yj6y5j7fdpc2.jpg
    Sienna is as surprised as I am! Hahahahah!

My goals for September?
    1. Keep on tracking.
    2. Do my best to stay within my calories.
    3. Try to eat more freggies.
    4. Something I started this week... A bottle of water started before I leave the apartment in the morning and finished before I get on the bus. Plus try to get more in during the day. (You have to understand, I am not, nor have I ever been, very good about drinking as much water as I should. If I get a bottle in in the morning, at least I've got some!)
    5. Increase distance, if not speed, when running, and run on the Loop at least once per weekend.
    6. Keep up with double-digit miles bike rides when I go, faster by myself, more leisurely with my sister. (Saw on FB that a long time friend that I just reconnected with was bike riding today... maybe see if she wants to join my sister and I one weekend this month.)
    7. Try to maintain my sanity and at least a slightly optimistic outlook no matter what happens.
    8. Practice what I'm trying to teach my daughter - before going to sleep at night, think of at least one thing I'm grateful for.

@seilidhe this is wonderful!! It made me SMILE!!! (and that was BEFORE I saw Sienna!) ;) Adorable!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    What a terrific start to the month! Like @ashleycarole86 said, I love the energy today! :) 29 days to go!!
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,470 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all those who made the Winners Circle this month! Well done!🎉

I’m really enjoying reading everyone’s goals for Sept especially the non weight related ones. @DebyS137 I like your goal of having a daily Attitude of Gratitude in Sept. Wouldn’t the world be a better place if we could all spend more time looking for the blessings we have each day rather than what we don’t have?

@doubleplay_643 I like your personal goal number 5!

~ Thank You ~
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    September 1

UAC goals
    ✅ Exercise 20+ minutes
    ✅ Calories within budget
    ✅ Tracked every detail I consumed
    Pass days used: 0/3

Additional challenges
    ✅ 3+ strength sessions in last 7 days (9/1, 8/30, 8/27)
    ✅ 17k+ steps (25,431 steps)
    ✅ 7 day avg. 7.5+ walking miles (8.9 miles)
    Additional challenges met: 1/1 days

Today's Activities
    🚶‍♂️ 75 min Morning Walk (4.31 miles)
    🚶‍♂️ 89 min Afternoon Walk (5.01 miles)
    💪 24 min Core Isometrics (Supermans, Alternating Arm & Leg Raise Planks, Side Planks, Hollow Tuck Holds, Reverse Planks)
    🚶‍♂️ 29 min Evening Meditative Walk (1.36 miles)
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    @brisingr86 and @biketheworld I'm the same way as far as exercising in the am. If I don't MAKE TIME for it, then later I cannot seem to find the time for it (or by the end of the day I'm just too exhausted!)

@WhatMeRunning Chris your workouts are such an inspiration to me!!!!! And your streak is pretty freakin fabulous too! Huge Kudos, man! Oh, and those side plank selfies were pretty cool too! I looked at those pics saying, "how in the heck is he doing that!" Lol. Idk how you do it! :)
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,033 Member
    Options
    Yes x3
    Walk, Weights and chasing after bub at the beach.

Yep @ashleycarole86 that was me, I am so glad ur doing the complaints free bracelet and very excited to have someone do it with me this month. Ur right It's soo difficult and was a huge eye opener as to how much I actually complain. Lol!I hvent lasted the full 21 days but I'm hoping this month i can. Xo
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    Oh, and those side plank selfies were pretty cool too! I looked at those pics saying, "how in the heck is he doing that!" Lol. Idk how you do it! :)
    Thanks! I was thinking that whenever I posted pics I may do that, sort of my own goofy little signature lol! Not sure if you're really asking how I did it or not, but if you are curious, on this page are some side plank variations. You can see where the arm is raised how I did one of them (phone was in my hand pointing down taking a pic of me and the ground), and then the one showing rotations demonstrates how I took that raised arm and moved it in front of me to get the pic of me and the sign behind me. I actually took about 10 or so pics on that one as getting the right angle to have the right sign placement was tricky.

https://www.gymguider.com/variation-6-side-planks-strong-defined-core/
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,098 Member
    Options
    @fourathomej —so sorry about your hip! Your dream board and planner is inspirational! Thanks for sharing this.
  • yrc_pr
    yrc_pr Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @biketheworld Thanks, I'm sure I'll learn a lot and get inspiration from all the great people here. 👍😁
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options
    Yes, No, no