My weight is stalled

Options
itsmilli
itsmilli Posts: 9 Member
edited August 2021 in Social Groups
Dear keto experts. I need help.i started keto on 15th August at 150 lbs and lost 8 lbs in 8 days but for last few days my weight is stalled at 142 lbs. I'm doing IF as well. I'm eating less around 1000 calories as I don't feel hungry. What am I doing wrong. Help me achieve my target weight 100 lbs before my birthday in November 😔
Thanks ☺️

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Your patience is where you are going wrong. The first several days includes a lot of water/glycogen depletion and changes in food volume. After than you should be losing a standard .5-2 lbs a week.

More importantly, why are you eating less than 1000 calories? Also, what are your goals outside of weight loss? How old and tall are you?

And 42 lbs in 3 months is unlikely, unless you want to lose a bunch of muscle and starve yourself unhealthily.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    You are only on what? Your second week? That initial 8lb loss may have been some fat, but is likely mostly water. A true stall would be no movement on the scale for several weeks, closer to a month.

OP I will be honest, that is a very unrealistic weight loss goal. The average person with 40 or so pounds to lose is only going to lose about 1lb per week, it is very difficult to get the deficit larger than that when you have a smaller amount to lose. Also, 1,000 calories per day is not healthy, you should be consuming 1200 calories per day as a bare minimum. If you are having trouble meeting that goal, try cooking in oil, adding butter to things, things like that. Your current diet is not sustainable and is likely going to affect your health if you continue. I would highly recommend setting a more reasonable weight loss goal, increase your calories, and then go from there.

Also, if you want to open your diary or maybe post here what you eat in a day, we can help you tweak things.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    The fast weight loss at the beginning is frequently a lot of water loss, not fat metabolism.

You can metabolize a maximum of around 1% body fat per week, so the amount you can lose depends on how much body fat you currently have and your weight - based on what little information you have provided, you aren't obese and should expect about 0.5% (about 0.75 lbs) to be a more realistic goal for actual fat loss.

Also, a lot of fat metabolism won't necessarily show up dramatically in the scale, so please do take measurements and photos and track clothing fit to enable you to "see" progress even when the scale is being a pain in the patella.

Why is your goal weight 100 lbs...even someone 4'10" with a small frame should be more in the 105-110 lb range, is 100 lbs a healthy weight for you?
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    The fast weight loss at the beginning is frequently a lot of water loss, not fat metabolism.

You can metabolize a maximum of around 1% body fat per week, so the amount you can lose depends on how much body fat you currently have and your weight - based on what little information you have provided, you aren't obese and should expect about 0.5% (about 0.75 lbs) to be a more realistic goal for actual fat loss.

Also, a lot of fat metabolism won't necessarily show up dramatically in the scale, so please do take measurements and photos and track clothing fit to enable you to "see" progress even when the scale is being a pain in the patella.

Why is your goal weight 100 lbs...even someone 4'10" with a small frame should be more in the 105-110 lb range, is 100 lbs a healthy weight for you?

Agree with questioning the bold and was hoping the author may have omitted the word "loss" meaning "target weight loss of 100 pounds". To go from 142 pounds on September 7 to 100 pounds at anytime in November 2021would be a crazy fast weight loss. I agree with others that won't happen...in any healthy fashion.